Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Anyone see what Michael Jordan's (he of the Adolf moustache) son, Marcus, tweeted during Game 7?

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the...obe_to_his_dad

I thought that was appropriate considering Kobe was like 2-15 on FGs at that point and finished 6-24 for the game. Not that anyone needs to defend Jordan (who I personaly hate with a passion, but he never would have thrown up a 6-24 in a Game 7).
    Kobe did finish with 23 and 15. People focus on the shooting numbers too much. 23 and 15 from a SG? If not for those bad shooting numbers, he'd be getting tons of praise for stepping up with a huge double double in Game 7

24 shots to net 23 points is just plain inefficient any way you cut it. The Finals was there for Kobe's taking and he could not do it. His teammates got him over the hump. Gold Medal Game Kobe might not exist anymore.

Kobe shot 29% in the 7 4th quarters of the NBA finals. Ouch.

heed forever

Has this been posted elsewhere?

Check out para #5, re Sheed's final act.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba...ory?id=5325404

[Edit: title should read "Sheed forever"]

24 shots to net 23 points is just plain inefficient any way you cut it. The Finals was there for Kobe's taking and he could not do it. His teammates got him over the hump. Gold Medal Game Kobe might not exist anymore.
    Kobe shot 29% in the 7 4th quarters of the NBA finals. Ouch.
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Kobe did finish with 23 and 15. People focus on the shooting numbers too much. 23 and 15 from a SG? If not for those bad shooting numbers, he'd be getting tons of praise for stepping up with a huge double double in Game 7
    I totally agree with DukieBoy. 23 points on 24 shots isn't great, but in the NBA many experts say that 1 point for every shot is what stars shoot for. Think about the defense he was facing, the double-teams, and the pressure that was on him. He shot poorly the final game, but he scored 10 points in the fourth that they started down 4 points. I usually make it a point not to use BR, but this is a really good article about it that includes a game by game breakdown:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...p-for-a-reason

I'm getting really annoyed with people continually saying that Kobe didn't step up. They won the NBA Championship. How mad were we when people kept saying that we won the NC with "no great teams". We won it. End of story. It's very much the same for Kobe and the Lakers, they beat everyone who was in front of them including a very good (and defensive minded) Celtic team. The numbers really aren't even a good arguement, as you will see in the BR article.

Ok, I hope I'm reading this correctly (confusing me because the web address says "2009"):

http://www.nba.com/lakers/stats/2009...als_stats.html

I'm no expert, but - seems to me the Celtics defense (especially Ray Allen) was all over Kobe like white on rice, forcing Kobe to take some very difficult shots (thus, the low scoring per cent?). Despite having to face the Celtics' intense defense, Kobe managed to score almost one third of the Lakers' total points for the 7 game series (Bryant 200 points, Lakers 634 points) and also scored 54% more than the second highest scorer, Gasol (130 points). So, not sure I understand, as someone said referring to Kobe, how his "teammates got him over the hump."

These numbers contrast with the Celtics, whose high scorer, Paul Pierce, had 126 points in 7 games, which only represents 20% of the Celtics' total. And comes very close, unlike Kobe's total points, to 3 other players - Garnett (107 pts.), Allen (102 pts.) and Rondo (95 pts.), illustrating again, Kobe's big contribution to the Lakers.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/stats/200...als_stats.html

Does that make sense?

(Did I mention I saw Doc Rivers, a few days ago, in a Boston restaurant?)