Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    The US team won on a 3 pointer from Quincy Miller with 25 seconds left (the game was tied at the time). Kyrie led the team in scoring with 21.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    The US team won on a 3 pointer from Quincy Miller with 25 seconds left (the game was tied at the time). Kyrie led the team in scoring with 21.
    Kyrie was terrific (aside from a late shot clock violation) in bringing the USA team back from a 9-pt deficit in the 2nd half. He can take over a game with his drives and penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    Thanks. I got to catch the last couple of minutes and saw Q's bomb from the corner for the winning margin, after on the previous possession, Rivers lost the ball on a drive to the right in a move that reminded me of Kyle's? (or was it Jon's) drive in the championship game where he was tripped and lost the ball. Kyrie had a nice drive the previous possession where he did a fantastic job getting into the lane, but missed the layup attempt over a Brazilian defender.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Big Pappa, could you see Austin as a lead guard/PG? Well, let's be specific...if he comes to Duke and Kyrie is gone, is Austin our best choice to be the lead guard/PG? Or perhaps Seth Curry, or a shared responsibility?
    That's a good question. I'm not sure who would be better, but I can say with most assuredly that Austin is more than qualified to run the point. He plays mostly point for his high school team, and when I interviewed him I got the impression that he enjoys playing the point guard position. He told me that he enjoyed having the ball in his hands and being able to create and dish - much like Deron Williams that he said he modeled his game afterwords.

From what I've seen of both Seth and Austin, Austin seems to be a better overall ball-handler, but that could certainly change after Seth has been playing in college for two years and Austin just graduated high school. Either way, Austin and Seth would be absolutely great together at the 1 and 2.

Great game

Despite the terrible quality on fibaamericas.com I watch the whole game. Kyrie had an on and off game. He was great at the start and then most of the 4th quarter. River's is going to be a superstar at the college, and probably pro level. Watching Irving, Rivers, Quincy Miller and Joshua Hairston was very cool. Like watching a potential Duke 2012 team. They are quite good together.
    After watching this I think Hairston is going to be great for us next year. He hasn't gotten much press with the stars coming back in Singler and Smith and Irving getting all the hype, but it looks like he will be very good.
    Irving and Rivers are a perfect match. Rivers can't be guarded. He shoots right in peoples faces from 3 point range and is very accurate. His shot is unconventional, but very smooth. Irving is so explosive and under control, it reminds me of John Wall, especially how he looks when blowing by someone for a layup.
    The future looks excellent.

mpg vs Canada

In the final game against Canada, a game that became tight before half-time and remained in doubt until the final seconds, the most telling stat is the number of minutes Capel awarded to each player. The top 5:
    -- Irving 37
    -- Rivers 32
    -- Young 28
    -- Blue 25
    -- Miller 22

Gold medal game recap from zagsblog

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/30/i...-u18s-to-gold/

Sounds like the tournament experience didn't hurt our chances with Quincy Miller, as he had some nice things to say about Kyrie and potential Dukie Austin Rivers.

“They played great,” Miller said of his teammates. “Kyrie is one of the great point guards I’ve ever played with. He’s a pass-first point guard but he can score when he needs to. Austin is one of the best scorers in the country right now.”

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Gold medal game recap from zagsblog

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/30/i...-u18s-to-gold/

Sounds like the tournament experience didn't hurt our chances with Quincy Miller, as he had some nice things to say about Kyrie and potential Dukie Austin Rivers.
    A good and related article about Quincy Miller's recruiting from Zagsblog:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/17/q...-options-open/

Lucas Nogueira

Does anybody know if we or any body is recruiting this kid from the brazilian team, seems to be the athletic center that people like to see. From what I saw this kid can be really good. Check out this link:
    http://www1.draftexpress.com/article...rospects-3528/

Quote Originally Posted by lilblue View Post
    Does anybody know if we or any body is recruiting this kid from the brazilian team, seems to be the athletic center that people like to see. From what I saw this kid can be really good. Check out this link:
    http://www1.draftexpress.com/article...rospects-3528/
    The vibe I get is that he's staying overseas until he's eligible for feels he's ready for the NBA. I could be wrong though.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/d..._96444609.html

I didn't see this story posted anywhere, so I thought why not put it here.

Can we get the season started already?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    I didn't see this story posted anywhere, so I thought why not put it here.
    Post #125 in the Fresh Kyrie Irving Thread.
    Bob Green