Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    I tried to like Stamey's, I really did. Went three times before I had to admit it was not going to be my Greensboro barbeque joint. Plenty of people like/love it, though. Smoky but trashy taste is my take on the BBQ, but us North Carolinians have varying opinions which seem to start with which part of the state we grew up in, and can include how authentically ramshackle the building is where the Q is cooked.

I found my go-to Greensboro spot over on Wendover Ave. about 6-7 minutes away at Country Barbeque. They put out a tasty version of Lexington-style Q. They also have beef and pork ribs in addition to barbeque chicken, burgers, dogs, and even fried bologna sandwiches. The BBQ sandwich is full and messy, has slaw unless you specify. The plate comes with two sides, I like the potato salad and baked beans (which have a touch of green pepper), and plain, good hushpuppies. Sweeet tea. Sweeeet canned-peach cobbler with icecream.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/country-barbecue-greensboro

The reviews are all over the place at this site and others. Take all of them with a grain of salt, several of the reviewers have confused themselves and described other places in other towns.
    I'd trust this guy. Look where he lives.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Thanks all for the help --- plenty to go on here!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    If you'd find these ne'er-do-wells a couple tix for the tourney, they might even agree to bring their grills and fix up some 'cue for you right in the parking lot:

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...st-competition
    We can do that!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by northernduke View Post
    Thanks all for the help --- plenty to go on here!
    A friend of mine with significant connections to Lexington barbecue mentioned that sometimes one of the Lexington barbecue restaurants (such as Speedy's) caters at the tournament. You may have an opportunity to sample in the tournament venue.