Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Posner

Mike Posner

I don't know how many of you guys know Mike Posner, but he is really starting to get big in the music world. He just graduated from Duke, and is an up and coming song writer/ producer/ singer. You may remember him from this years Hype video with his song "Bring Me Down". Anyway, i have been a big fan of him since this summer and his music is just now starting to get popular on the radio. He has a song called "Cooler Than Me" that is ranked 39th right now i believe. If you havent heard him yet, I suggest you look him up. I'm a huge fan of his, and I hope some of you will start supporting him! After all, He is DUKIE!

He came to IU for the infamous "Little 500." I went to his concert and it was amazing. There were thousands of fans there listening to him. He tore it up.

I have most of his songs on my iTunes and would recommend others look him up. It's more of a hip-hop type of music though, so the older folks probably wouldn't get into it

Yea, Posner is pretty good. I got on him when I found he was a Dukie and from Detroit, but his songs are pretty good and he's starting to get a lot of buzz around hip hop circles!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

He will be on Lopez tonight at 11!

Video from Lopez Tonight, check out the jacket he's wearing!
    http://www.tbs.com/video/index.jsp?o...293&cid=186029

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    Yeah I watched this and cried. I was so happy. I have been tellin everyone he was gonna make it big since this summer...it's coming true! GO MIKE!

Why don't they get people like that on Idol? Maybe he's too good for Idol. Being a free agent is probably better for him. And that jacket, with Wojo's name spelled out in full. I liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Why don't they get people like that on Idol? Maybe he's too good for Idol. Being a free agent is probably better for him. And that jacket, with Wojo's name spelled out in full. I liked that.
    That jacket was amazing. Wonder if Wojo saw that

Mike Posner article in USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/n...ner26_ST_N.htm

Tour dates for him this summer: http://www.mikeposner.com/us/events

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    Cooler than Me deserves an encore.

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I got on him when I found out he was from Detroit...
    His only discernible flaw.

I noticed in this morning's TV listings that Mike Posner will be a guest on tonight's airing of America's Got Talent on NBC, I think. Nice lad. Goes to college, works hard, gets good grades, graduates, and then gets a nice job writing and singing music. The American dream. He doesn't need Idol, or AGT. He just goes out on his own, and stuns the music world. Next thing you know, he'll be on Regis and Kelly, and then maybe The View, or Good Morning America. He's already all over the internet.

I saw that he was playing on AGT last night so I tuned in. He wore an 'Airborne' jacket instead of the Wojo Custum he was rocking the last time I saw him on TV...too bad as I was looking for the Duke shoutout.

While I am not a fan of the song, he seems to have just blown up onto the scene without the help of AI or some other vehicle...very inspiring that he launced his career from his Randolph dormroom...studying and going to call, all the while recording/writing/mixing music. Dood must have great time management skills.

It makes me wonder who he wrote "Cooler Than Me" about...the girls walking around campus who wouldn't give him the time of day? It seems unlikely to be the frats as he is/was a Sigma Nu.

Also, I hear he can rap really well, which doesn't show up in his hit single but hopefully gives him another arrow in his quiver to expand his career.

Go Mike!

new single

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz12MKMNSe4 new single...i like his mix tape stuff a lot better, but he is making the money off of the commercial stuff, oh well.

Mike Posner on Sirius 1, August 1 @ 10pm ET

http://investor.sirius.com/releasede...leaseID=494891

SiriusXM is debuting 31 Minutes to Takeoff.

Mike was just on REGIS AND KELLY SHOW and sang "Cooler than Me". He was great!!!! When Regis was introducing Mike, he said Mike just graduated from Duke University. And then discussed after the song, how he began his career while in college. Mike stated he actually recorded "Cooler than Me" in his dorm room at Duke. He majored in Socialogy. He was really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Cooler than Me deserves an encore.
    Just viewed the Lopez gig. Great DUKE WOJO jacket.

Mike was just on the Wendy Williams show. He was wearing all black and a black leather jacket. Sounded great! He looks like a younger Justin Timberlake. His song "Cooler Than Me" is climbing the charts!! Many mentions of Duke University and it showed a picture of him at graduation!!!

Michael Posner on Now 35

Well, who would have thought that the "Now" Franchise would make it to 35, but they did. And Michael Posner is on Now 35, released today.

How cool is that?

ummm...

"Cooler Than Me"