Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lost: The End

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that the audience should be blamed for how the story played out. The audience only shares culpability for its own reaction. Specifically, I am talking about those who enjoyed the show along the way, only to be massively disappointed at the ending, and have their prior enjoyment turn to outrage.

It's a "fool once, fool me twice" kind of thing. Sure, Cuse and Lindelof repeatedly promissed big and wonderful things. But after about 3 or 4 seasons, it was pretty clear that they couldn't deliver all that seemed possible after seasons 1 and 2. Expectations should have been downgraded. Grand promises from the writers should have been met with skepticism.
    I do see where you're coming from, however it seemed that they did provide some answers along the way, but it was more like give one answer only to have two or three more pop-up. I guess they did a good job of keeping us hooked. At the end of the day that's all they get paid for, which is a sad way to look at your audience and in the future I will remember how both of these individuals treated their fans and I will view any projects they are connected to with extreme prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    in the future I will remember how both of these individuals treated their fans and I will view any projects they are connected to with extreme prejudice.
    cough cough Prometheus

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    cough cough Prometheus
    Yes, I followed the thread on Prometheus closely. It was one of my crash and burn picks for the Summer Top Five. I did pick-up the Blu-Ray, but haven't watched it yet.

No matter how poorly they planned out where the show was going and what the answers were, they told us we were going to get answers. Ok, so they lied. I can live with that. Still, it is not like it would have been impossible to give some of those answers and explanations as the show drew to a close. Put me in a room with 4 or 5 other Lost fans and we could have probably come up with explanations regarding The Others and Dharma and some of the time loops and Walt... it is not like these would be impossible things to explain. I could live with them never really explaining the mysticism behind The Numbers, but to never explain what the heck Widmore's story was... come on!!

The reason I am so bitter with them is that they completely disregarded the past of the show and the questions that had been raised so they could spend half of the final season in Purgatory, EVEN THOUGH THEY HAD REPEATEDLY PROMISED THE SHOW WAS NOT ABOUT PURGATORY!!! That's just lame and lying and lazy.

That last word is the one that still gnaws at me. I think Damon and Carlton were lazy. They didn't bother to take the time or effort to plot things out. When they made the deal with ABC, midway through season 3, that the show would have a fixed end date in season 6 they could have plotted it out. But they were too lazy to do it.

-Jason "grrrrr, don't even get me started on Prometheus... DL should start anything he wants, but never be allowed to finish anything" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    DL should start anything he wants, but never be allowed to finish anything
    For a split second I thought "DL" meant David Lynch and I thought "That's already sort of what happens now, right?"