Lost! (No spoilers)

I started watching Lost recently with a few friends, and we've enjoyed it thoroughly so far. But I've heard some wildly different reports about its quality in later seasons, so I'd love to hear some of your guys' spoiler-free thoughts. With the final episode over, I'm sure there's a lot to say!

Anyway, my friends and I are 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through the second season right now, and I am enjoying the 2nd season as much as I enjoyed the 1st.

If I keep watching, am I setting myself up for disappointment, or does the whole series still stand up in retrospect? I don't care *that* much about getting perfect answers to every mystery, but I do care that the characters stay interesting and engaging the whole way through.

"Lost" is simply amazing. If I remember right some of season 2 and season 3 are incredibly sluggish. Get through it. It's worth it all the way at the end.

At times you will feel like questions are gaining and answers are slim to never answered.

"Lost" is more than just putting the plot together and solving a bizarre convulted puzzle. Plenty of episodes don't add momentum to the plot, but still add insights into characters and general attributes of the island and... to be dramatic... humanity. Appreciate the characters and their individual flaws and journeys. Thats the heart of "Lost." The plot takes care of itself.

I wish I had good news for you. While I really enjoyed tonight's finale, the direction the show took after season 3 wasn't terribly enjoyable for me. Season 2 is my favorite (1 isn't far behind).

Even with a plot that went a different direction that I would have chosen, my biggest frustration is that I stopped loving the characters. I was deeply engaged with so many of the characters through the first two seasons. By the end of season 5, I barely liked any of them. Your results may be different. I certainly wouldn't stop watching (I didn't). I would just temper your expectations.