Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greatest Gift Ever

Well DBR family I am taking a short hiatus from you in order to get married tomorrow. I am having my bachelor party today (a 3 on 3 basketball tournament), and then following the wedding we are going on a honeymoon for 5 days. Subsequently, I will not be frequenting the boards.

The title of the thread comes from the picture below, it is what my Dad got me for my wedding present.

It may be a little hard to see but it says:

To Zach: Always lead with your heart! Also, congratulations & best wishes to you and your bride 5/21/10. Mike Krzyzewski

I'm gonna miss you guys for the week, but my new bride and my new picture will ease the pain .

Hey Fella,
    Congrats man. I enjoy reading your posts. The board wont be the same without you while you are gone.

I'm sure you must mean that your bride-to-be is the greatest gift ever...
    It would be indeed sad to hear about the man that spent his Honeymoon on the couch.

My Best.

Congrats Big Pappa. I'll joining you in the Land of the Married at the end of next month.

All the best to you, your bride, and your picture.

Zach -- congrats on your big day! And yes, that is an incredible present.

Your posts will be missed!

Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

I bet the best gift will be the sight of your bride as she begins her walk down the aisle to join her life with yours. The book will take 2nd place to that - but it is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    Well DBR family I am taking a short hiatus from you in order to get married tomorrow. I am having my bachelor party today (a 3 on 3 basketball tournament), and then following the wedding we are going on a honeymoon for 5 days. Subsequently, I will not be frequenting the boards.

The title of the thread comes from the picture below, it is what my Dad got me for my wedding present.

It may be a little hard to see but it says:

To Zach: Always lead with your heart! Also, congratulations & best wishes to you and your bride 5/21/10. Mike Krzyzewski

I'm gonna miss you guys for the week, but my new bride and my new picture will ease the pain .
    Congrats, big guy. I also had a little basketball tourney the morning of my wedding. Enjoy the 'moon and married life!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    Well DBR family I am taking a short hiatus from you in order to get married tomorrow. I am having my bachelor party today (a 3 on 3 basketball tournament), ...
    Big congrats Big Pappa!

As for the tourney, you gearing up for the 2020 Olympics?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE64I5ON20100519

Congrats Big Pappa

Congrats! Quite a nice gift, too! I have a similar Coach K signed 8.5" x 11" "poster" from a few years ago, so it doesn't have recent players (and out of date stats on the back!). Random question - you think it was actually Coach K that wrote the message or simply signed his name? On mine, I had always assumed it was a secretary or something that wrote the message and he just signed it...But now that I see yours the all-caps writing looks like the same as on mine, so it's either the same person that has been doing it for him for the past few years or Coach K himself. Can anybody who perhaps got Coach K to write a message in person at a book signing or something confirm that's his all-caps writing? I was always curious...

Way Awesome Big Pappa.

Congrats and have a great honeymoon.

dukemsu

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Congrats! Quite a nice gift, too! I have a similar Coach K signed 8.5" x 11" "poster" from a few years ago, so it doesn't have recent players (and out of date stats on the back!). Random question - you think it was actually Coach K that wrote the message or simply signed his name? On mine, I had always assumed it was a secretary or something that wrote the message and he just signed it...But now that I see yours the all-caps writing looks like the same as on mine, so it's either the same person that has been doing it for him for the past few years or Coach K himself. Can anybody who perhaps got Coach K to write a message in person at a book signing or something confirm that's his all-caps writing? I was always curious...
    My High School Coach got me a signed Nike Play Diagram sheet from K at a clinic, and he did the all caps "Thanks for your genuine support! Go Duke" before signing his name.

dukemsu

Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post
    My High School Coach got me a signed Nike Play Diagram sheet from K at a clinic, and he did the all caps "Thanks for your genuine support! Go Duke" before signing his name.

dukemsu

congratulations, I am getting married on Oct 16th, the day after basketball practice starts. gonna be a fun weekend!

Congratulations & awesome gift!

When you get back from your honeymoon post a picture of the happy couple.

Congratulations!

Now the big question is whether your new bride will let you hang this awesome poster in a prominent place...

So where in Austin do you live again?

that is seriously awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    congratulations, I am getting married on Oct 16th, the day after basketball practice starts. gonna be a fun weekend!
    Congrats to Big Pappa and for Kong123 a good omen, Oct 16th is my birthday and I have been happily married for 33 years, wish the same for all of you getting married..

congrats

Being married is great enjoy the wedding and your honeymoon!

Congratulations, Largest of Pappas!

Wishing you and your lucky bride a lifetime of happiness!

Congratulations Big Poppa! I hope everything goes smoothly, and that the honeymoon is relaxing and reguvenating.