Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I guess I have a more specific question.

Are college players allowed to only play in a specific number of summer games? If this is the case perhaps the coaching staff told them to sit out a few of these games. Players from other schools may have already gotten clearance from coaches/compliance officers that they are ok to play.

I'm sure they are allowed to play as they are listed on the roster. No way Coach is going to allow them to play in unsanctioned games that are located IN Durham.

According to the blue devil nation article the Duke guys were away because of both Nike skills camps and the break at school. Everyone went home for the 4th, which is understandable. Guess I'll be driving back out there next week.

LETS GO DUKE! I hope they can all get on 1 team, or at least most of them like the state and crapel hill guys are.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePublisher View Post
    I'm sure they are allowed to play as they are listed on the roster. No way Coach is going to allow them to play in unsanctioned games that are located IN Durham.

According to the blue devil nation article the Duke guys were away because of both Nike skills camps and the break at school. Everyone went home for the 4th, which is understandable. Guess I'll be driving back out there next week.

LETS GO DUKE! I hope they can all get on 1 team, or at least most of them like the state and crapel hill guys are.
    Just bear in mind that on any given night, the Duke guys may or may not be at that particular game. Especially once the tournament starts. But on most nights once they get a couple of games into the schedule the Duke guys on the roster will be there.

Kyle has played a lot of games in the past. Nolan won't be seen much. Last year Jon and Mason played on the same team and were there for most all of the regular season games. It all depends on each individual's personal schedule.

It is a fully sanctioned league and the college guys can play in as many games as they choose. They could play every single regular season game and tourney game if they chose to.

Nolan's mistake last year was playing in a game with NBA players on the teams, with a referee and official scoreboard/clock. That made it an official game that required sanctioning and I believe written approval to play in. Nolan did not check into either and played anyway. Turned out to be an unsanctioned event so he was toast.

For those who aren't following Nolan Smith and Seth Curry on Twitter, both told me today that they would likely be playing at the pro-am on Thursday night.

Dawkins, Thornton, and Kelly played Tues. night. Anyone know how they did?

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyDuke View Post
    Dawkins, Thornton, and Kelly played Tues. night. Anyone know how they did?
    Quote from Twitter.

BlueDevilNation: It's been a long day. Their. Dukies team lost more on that coming, most of them got minimal burn, again more later. RK 10, AD 10, TT 8
    about 4 hours ago

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Not trying to spread any conspiracy theories, but I find it strange that the Duke players are spread out; yet the UNC players are all together and the State freshmen are together. What's up with that??? The Raleigh News and Observer paper did a write-up talking about Barnes and UNC contingent with a brief mention of the show down the Tar Heel team will have the NC state freshmen team; yet nothing about the Duke players who played last night.

While I'm sure it wasn't intended to be this way, it seems like the this year's Pro-Am tournament is skewed towards highlighting the UNC contingent while trying to minimize any impact or focus on the Blue Devil players. Maybe it will change when Nolan, Kyle and Kyrie start playing next week; but it still doesn't change the fact that they put all the Heels on one team and didn't do the same for the Dukies or NC State players.

What do you guys think?

I say that the Duke players are going to have to go in and "brodie" (i.e. takeover) the league, and show them who we are!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
    Not trying to spread any conspiracy theories, but I find it strange that the Duke players are spread out; yet the UNC players are all together and the State freshmen are together. What's up with that??? The Raleigh News and Observer paper did a write-up talking about Barnes and UNC contingent with a brief mention of the show down the Tar Heel team will have the NC state freshmen team; yet nothing about the Duke players who played last night.

While I'm sure it wasn't intended to be this way, it seems like the this year's Pro-Am tournament is skewed towards highlighting the UNC contingent while trying to minimize any impact or focus on the Blue Devil players. Maybe it will change when Nolan, Kyle and Kyrie start playing next week; but it still doesn't change the fact that they put all the Heels on one team and didn't do the same for the Dukies or NC State players.

What do you guys think?
    They may think it's a little unfair to put the all them members of the number one team in the country on the same team seeing how they would wreak every other team there... just a guess...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    They may think it's a little unfair to put the all them members of the number one team in the country on the same team seeing how they would wreak every other team there... just a guess...
    I was thinking that too ; but I guess you can't expect things to be different when the league is founded and operated by a Heel; and who happens to have "all" the Heels on his team.

What do you guys think?
    Not sure how accurate it is but I read recently a post that claimed coach K wanted his guys spread out and not all on one team. If true, probably not an accident that Kyrie is on Kyle's team and Mason on Nolan's to team with their senior captains, then the others in bunches of three except for Casey Peters who apparently is nursing a sore knee.

So when they all start playing Seth Curry, Josh Thornton and Miles together as was case last night with Ryan Kelly, Tyler Thornton and Andre Dawkins. One of these guys would be a starter with the other 4, and who else starts may vary while the subs get used to teaming together.

What do you guys think?
    Don't think it really matters what teams they play on. They are what they are come next season. Hard to imagine that the Heels will get an early advantage for next season in this venue.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueThru&Thru View Post
    Hard to imagine that the Heels will get an early advantage for next season in this venue.
    I find it hard to imagine the Heels getting an early advantage for next season in any venue.
    Bob Green

Not trying to spread any conspiracy theories, but I find it strange that the Duke players are spread out; yet the UNC players are all together and the State freshmen are together. What's up with that???
    It's a stacked house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46DaSrpF428

nice video of tyler andre and ryan from the pro am. May want to mute this one if you dont like the "F" word.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46DaSrpF428

nice video of tyler andre and ryan from the pro am. May want to mute this one if you dont like the "F" word.
    Good stuff! Ryan really does look much thicker and still looked like he had some bounce in his step.

Quote Originally Posted by stickdog View Post
    It's a stacked house.
    Kinda like a Jerry Stackhouse

I know its against lesser competition,and its a highlight reel but Ryan looks like a totally different player.Andre and Tyler looked great also.This year is gonna be so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by t-baller22 View Post
    I know its against lesser competition,and its a highlight reel but Ryan looks like a totally different player.Andre and Tyler looked great also.This year is gonna be so much fun!
    Of course we expect Andre to perform this year, and we hope that Tyler and the other newbies (especially Kyrie) to do well and make a real contirbution. But I think that it is imperative that Ryan does. We need some backup size inside.