Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Durham Pro-Am Summer League At Central

Any news yet on whether or not Stackhouse is holding his annual Pro-Am Summer League at Central this year? I have not seen anything yet, and was hoping someone had some insight.

With all the new guys it would be great if this happens again and a lot of our guys participate like normal. Would love to go see Kyrie in that environment just to see who attempted to guard him.

Also, if the league does happen, any of you guys interested in starting up a "DBR Fan Club" and catching some of the games?

Use this thread to post any info on this league.

The fan club sounds like a great idea. I could make the 3 hour ride down to Durham to catch a few games. I think we just started it buddy lol

It's gonna be happening again. All of the State recruits have already said they would be there.

I'm personally more excited about the TOC coming up in two weekends though.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    The fan club sounds like a great idea. I could make the 3 hour ride down to Durham to catch a few games. I think we just started it buddy lol
    Sounds good. I am 25 minutes from Durham and Central is about 15 minutes from where I work. Would love to catch some games and meet fellow DBR's in person. Hopefully the league is on again.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    It's gonna be happening again. All of the State recruits have already said they would be there.

I'm personally more excited about the TOC coming up in two weekends though.
    Thanks Airowe. Figured you would know. Congrats on the marriage gig. I wish you and momma Airowe well on that.

What is the location of the TOC?

It is indeed going down this year...

You can find more info here...http://www.ncproam.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Thanks Airowe. Figured you would know. Congrats on the marriage gig. I wish you and momma Airowe well on that.

What is the location of the TOC?
    Thanks Booze.

TOC is on the campuses of Duke, NCSU, and UNC-CH. Many Duke targets will be there. The list won't be made public until probably the week before the event, but I believe Austin, Quincy, Shabazz Muhammad, Alex Murphy, Michael Gbinije, Anthony Davis, and Tyler Adams have all stated they plan to be there.

I'm definitely going to be at the Pro-Am though and will do my writeups on players of interest again this year.

I wish there was some way to stream these games online. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to watch Kyrie, Carrick and the Plumbrothers execute dunk shots on some fools during the dry season...

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    I wish there was some way to stream these games online. I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to watch Kyrie, Carrick and the Plumbrothers execute dunk shots on some fools during the dry season...
    Good idea. I'll see if they would mind doing that. If someone here is willing to offer I'm sure they would let you assist.

I can probably catch a few games. I will be moving to Durham late July.

Team Navy

Looks like Team Navy will need a couple of recruits since the Wears shipped out.

I'm waiting to hear reports about Curry lighting the ProAm up, because that's when we'll get a glimpse of what he brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyDuke View Post
    I'm waiting to hear reports about Curry lighting the ProAm up, because that's when we'll get a glimpse of what he brings to the table.
    While I want to believe you are being sarcastic, I feel like you're being serious. And frankly, its about time someone saw Nick Horvath draining 3s blindfolded.

See: Appendix, Section D. There are rules, Donny.

http://www.duke.edu/~bct1/images/DBRHPR7.1asPDF.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    While I want to believe you are being sarcastic, I feel like you're being serious. And frankly, its about time someone saw Nick Horvath draining 3s blindfolded.

See: Appendix, Section D. There are rules, Donny.

http://www.duke.edu/~bct1/images/DBRHPR7.1asPDF.pdf
    But but but SilkyJ, Czyz tore that league up dude! Was like regular season MVP and winner of The Dunk contest. Against real NBA pro''s too! Summer league is where Legends are born, right?

According to their website (a work in progress evidently) the league starts on July 1st and goes through August 8th.

I know Kyrie, Josh, and Tyler get in to Durham July 1, but not sure when they'll start playing...

I'll be on my honeymoon for the first week of July, but will definitely be over at the gym quite a bit after that.

http://www.ncproam.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    The fan club sounds like a great idea. I could make the 3 hour ride down to Durham to catch a few games.
    The 'Ham in July, sweet. Can we bring in those wonderful soccer horns and cowbells, too?

According to their website (a work in progress evidently) the league starts on July 1st and goes through August 8th.

I know Kyrie, Josh, and Tyler get in to Durham July 1, but not sure when they'll start playing...

I'll be on my honeymoon for the first week of July, but will definitely be over at the gym quite a bit after that.

http://www.ncproam.com/index.html
    Congrats, have a great honeymoon and now where do you expect me to get recruiting info that is not just regurgitation of dated scout reports? (Not that everyone does that, just a little joke, highlighting that I thank you for and respect your contributions.)
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Congrats, have a great honeymoon and now where do you expect me to get recruiting info that is not just regurgitation of dated scout reports? (Not that everyone does that, just a little joke, highlighting that I thank you for and respect your contributions.)
    Thanks NSDukeFan. Most of my info is found easily on the interwebs. You just have to want to find it...

Thanks NSDukeFan. Most of my info is found easily on the interwebs. You just have to want to find it...
    That's what you want us to think

Anyone heard any news on the schedule? Last time the website was somewhat-functional, it said the league started July "1nd".

I'm going to be in town for a few days around the July 4th weekend and was hoping to catch some of our guys in action...