Looks like JJ is getting a new coach down in Orlando

Brian Hill has been relieved of his coaching duties, but will retain a position within the organization.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...coll=orl-magic

Yippee!!!!

Best news of the day behind the charge of the womens golf team

I approve your avatar.

Great news, if he gets playing time I see no reason on earth why JJ can't score 14-16 a game.

Maybe J.J. will get to play now

Hill's out in Orlando. The article even mentions the fans' dissatisfaction with J.J. spending so much time on the bench.

Edit: I missed the earlier thread... my apologies.
    Last edited by juise; 05-23-2007 at 07:48 PM.

ooohhhhh

see ya

beat me to it. enter billy d, perhaps??

Oh thank GOD. I wanted to see JJ play in the League more than any Duke player in history; now finally we might see it!

Boo to Brian Hill.

Thumbs up scared me there

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    Hill's out in Orlando. The article even mentions the fans' dissatisfaction with J.J. spending so much time on the bench.

I know Grant Hill was considering retirement, and I thought you meant Grant was retiring, giving more time to JJ...

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post

Ya I went to some games and a common chant in the crowd was "we want JJ"

Hill gone from Orlando Magic

Brian Hill, that is...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070524/sp_nm/nba_hill_dc_2

Most on this board bemoaned Hill's coaching ability all year, so this should be seen as a good step for the team. It should also be good for JJ, although if Grant also retires as he's considered, it could make the situation an even better opportunity for JJ to crack the rotation. Not that I'm endorsing Grant stepping down, of course.
    "There can BE only one."

Hill's firing is good news indeed although I still don't think JJ will start next year. Hedo Turkoglu is taller and more established in the NBA and I think he will get the nod over JJ next year. JJ could/should be the first man off the bench though... thoughts?

I've heard some talk that Grant Hill may go back to Detroit for the last year or two of his career-- try to get that ring he has missed out on for so long.

Best of both world for Duke-fans if Grant goes elsewhere and it gives JJ a bit more of a chance.

-Jason "no question that Brian Hill underutilized a real weapon in JJ" Evans

turkoglu and jj wouldnt really compete directly for PT, as turkoglu would play the 3 and jj the 2. grant hill, on the other hand, spent a lot of time (as did keith bogans) playing off-guard.

This is great news as long as they don't bring in Larry Brown. I'm a bit concerned Larry Brown has been paying attention to how much playing time Darko has been gotten in Orlando and will eagerly take the Magic job just to sit Darko.

Vince Carter also needs to stay in Jersey. Or sign anywhere that isn't Orlando.

No matter who Orlando ends up with, my fantasy would be for the Magic to bring Grant Hill back as a player-coach with an eye toward possibly taking over the team one day. Don't even know if this is something he'd be interested in.

So, is anyone thinking Billy Donovan?

Donovan to Magic?

Watzone, funny you mention that. I was wondering why no one here had surmised Donovan as a candidate.

Could be interesting...

I've definitely heard Donovan's name mentioned more than once in connection to this job.

Donovan Likes Shooters

Donovan utilized Lee Humphries very well at UF. Here's hoping that if he gets the job he'd do wonders with a JJ on his roster.

Donovan is only slightly more palatable than Larry Brown. Besides Donovan would almost certainly want Otis Smith's (the GM) job too in order to take the Magic job and that would be a huge mistake.

Stan Van Gundy is mentioned as a possibility. And Bob Hill seems to think he could get Rashard Lewis to come to Orlando if he were considered for the job.