Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Papa are you a Huge fan of CSI or what? all you talk about is evidence. evidence. I watch the games just like you do and my thoughts may be different from yours but they are mine and thats the bottom line. Do we all have to put stats to every thought we put on here???

Quote Originally Posted by hedevil View Post
    So, where's the latest Kyrie video?

right here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eezB3zx-j6w

Quote Originally Posted by Dukefan4Life View Post
    Pappa are you a Huge fan of CSI or what? all you talk about is evidence. evidence. I watch the games just like you do and my thoughts may be different from yours but they are mine and thats the bottom line. Do we all have to put stats to every thought we put on here???
    No you don't need to put stats to everything but you do need to put evidence with your opinions, especially when you are talking about a former Duke player. Here is a great quote about it from a mod from a similar situation about GP when, ironically, Sid was doing the same thing you are:

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    It is a board where, if you choose to denigrate the talents and/or contributions of a Duke player, you better bring a lot of evidence or have some very solid reasons why board readers should respect your opinion. Otherwise, you will get questioned and/or slammed yourself.
    Boozer and others are right, we do need to get back to the original topic.

GP was below average passer at best. I dont see how you can say six years without a true or really good Pg is not that long of time.. what if not 6 would you consider a long time????
    I suppose it depends on how old you are. When I was at Duke, 6 years was one third of my life. Now it's significantly less. I've been watching Duke play for 32 years, so 6 doesn't seem like so many.

My issue with your statement is not entirely the same as the others, but here it is: (1) you equate a "true" PG with a "really good" PG, when those two things are very different; (2) Jon Scheyer was a really good PG, who led his team to a national championship -- so really it's been about a month since we've had a really good PG; and (3) you are unclear and inconsistent about what you mean by a "true" PG -- do you mean (a) a pass first guard who can find the open man and get him the ball; (b) a penetrating guard who can get into the lane, draw the coverage, and dish for the layup/dunk; (c) a speedy guard who can lead the fast break at breathtaking speeds; (d) a lockdown defender who keys the defense; or (e) all of the above?

Because, in my opinion, a "true" PG is (a), although in the NBA the most highly regarded PGs are generally (b). At UNC, they're looking for (c), and the classic Duke PGs of yesteryear were generally excellent at (d). Very few people can do all of the above (e), so that would probably come under "really good," but not necessarily "true."

Hopefully, Kyrie will be an (e).

Marin, Johnny D, Hurley for 3!

Because of the way that Coach K chooses to run his offense, his best teams have generally had (b). If we had been having this discussion 4 months ago, I might have said ALL his best teams ... but clearly the basketball played in March forces one to acknowledge: (1) Coach K will change from his preferred style of play on both sides of the ball if his personnel require it and (2) that Nolan Smith's improvement from his sophomore to junior year in this regard (dribble-driving) was a HUGE part of why we are all talking about one for the thumb next year. Obviously Jon handled the ball a lot, but Nolan was the one called upon to break down his man off the dribble.

It seems clear that KI is going to precipitate a return to the style of play that Coach K prefers to play (up tempo, drive and dish, extended pressure defence, etc.).

what

I really dont care what stats you put up. I have my opinion like everyone else does. Big papa you can google anything you want but on this site we can give our thirty cents how we please. I was not putting greg down i think he was an average point guard at best and that is not a bad mouthing him.
    How do you "not badmouth" GP and say he was a "below average" passer at best?

Because That"s how i saw him. would you say he was great??

In other news, Kyrie Irving seems to have taken Rivals' Recruiting Rankings (more specifically the PG rankings) to heart.

His 37 compared to Selby's 16. Also, this seems to be Selby's second straight bad week. IIRC, I think he played last week with Kyrie also, possibly, he's not playing bad in general, just in comparrison to Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    How do you "not badmouth" GP and say he was a "below average" passer at best?
    It's not even worth it lol.

Duke fan or not i will call it how i see it. i wont blindly say someone is great just because they play for my favorite team..

Duke fan or not i will call it how i see it. i wont blindly say someone is great just because they play for my favorite team..
    But you don't badmouth him. Obviously, he didnt live up to expectations but thats no reason to speak ill of him.

So how about that Kyrie Irving fella??? Hes a good one.

There were no bad thoughts. I thought he was an ok player thats all.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Any further discussion not directly related to Kyrie Irving will be deleted.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Any further discussion not directly related to Kyrie Irving will be deleted.
    Thank you JB! I was getting tired of the back and forth.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Irving will be on 620 tomorrow (in the triangle) at 8:10am. I'm sure WRAL will have the archived audio later in the day.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Kyrie on 620 AM / espntriangle.com

This morning at 8:10.

Money Quote:

"He has the best first step since Fred Astaire".

K. Irving Interview

I did not see this posted anywhere, so here we go!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/au...elated=7621079