Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Great article...

And I must say, I am very happy to have this info not lumped into a giant Kyrie thread... once we move to the "only one thread per player" trend it just becomes so massive and unwieldy that it becomes difficult to read.

Kyrie Irving from recent ESPN chat when asked if he got the chance to play with current players:

Kyrie Irving
    Actually, I did. I got a chance to play with all of the guys when I went on my official visit. Seth just made my job easier on the court. Dribbling, knocking down shots.

I'm telling y'all, we got a really special backcourt with Irving and Curry!!! I can't wait to hear about our players' performances in the North Carolina ProAm.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyDuke View Post
    I'm telling y'all, we got a really special backcourt with Irving and Curry!!!
    I think you are forgetting two outstanding backcourt players we already have playing, Nolan and Kyle (sort of)

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by kyriecrazy2013 View Post
    I think you are forgetting two outstanding backcourt players we already have playing, Nolan and Kyle (sort of)
    Indeed. And no "sort of" needed for Kyle. Kyle is a perimeter player and a darn good one at that. And Nolan is a budding superstar as well. We are simply loaded in our backcourt no matter which of them is on the court at any given time.

It is embarassing to have that much talent

just think...

kyrie
    seth
    NOLAN
    singler
    the brothers grim...

just for starters...

i wouldn't want to play us...

Do coach K gush about a freshman often? He sounds really excited about someone we haven't seen playing a college game, maybe a little premature. But I am sure he knows more than any of us.

Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    Do coach K gush about a freshman often? He sounds really excited about someone we haven't seen playing a college game, maybe a little premature. But I am sure he knows more than any of us.
    he doesn't gush this much usually.

he watches so much basketball i'm sure he can tell when he's got something special. he gushed about jason williams and was right. i think when he does gush you gotta pay attention.

not worried at all about kyrie disappointing.

ahem...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    new thread, new video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmcFT803P9E

I don't think anyone has posted this one yet. i'm really excited about Kyrie. He really can do everything on offense, and I know that if his defense isn't that great yet, you better believe coach k will fix that. When K gets his hands on this kid he will be a monster.

Sorry to quote from a whole page ago, but Dizzammmn. I hope Kendall Marshall and Kyrie can still be friends after what Kyrie just did to him in those clips. Those are certainly not friendly gestures. Even worse, whats to come for Mr. Marshall's ankles next year!?

There's no way he's looking forward to trying to defend that for as long as they both shall be...matched up. If you ask me, Kyrie OWNS Kendall, and KM knows it! I would even go so far as to say KM was the LEAST excited person on the Earth (next to Ol' Huckleberry) to hear that Kyrie was coming to Duke! Lol

Cant wait to see you live, and in the best Blue's around KI, until then take it easy on them Tar Heel Fellas, they have a tough year ahead of 'em. HAHAHAHAHA

Let's Go Duke, GTHC
    Last edited by CPDUKEGUY24; 05-13-2010 at 06:24 AM. Reason: grammatical error

Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    The last incoming player I remember him speaking about this way was Luol Deng.

Quote Originally Posted by 91_92_01_10 View Post
    The last incoming player I remember him speaking about this way was Luol Deng.
    I agree. Before Deng even got to campus Coach K came right out and said he was the most talented player on the team. I was surprised at the time that he would say that, but Coach K is a master psychologist and knows the best way to reach each of his players. For both Deng and Irving he feels that placing high expectations is what will allow them to succeed. This might not be the case for another player, even if they are just as talented. Can't wait for the season to start!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I can recall many incoming players that K said had a potential to be special, etc., but rarely have I heard him come right out and say that this guy is the shiznit and that we are building an offense around him. K must think that he can handle -- and in fact thrives -- on that kind of pressure.
    FWIW, the last player I remember K speaking so highly about was Elton. IIRC, he said that Brand was the most prepared to play at the college level, and would have the most immediate impact, of all of his players.

New York Athletic Club Dinner honoring Coach K

I was at the NYAC award dinner last night; got to hear Coach K speak -- and have my picture taken with him. The introduction/tribute by Jay Williams brought a tear to my eye -- he spoke of Coach's influence on his life and how he inspired him get through his recovery from the injury (still hasn't returned the rosary he was supposed to give back when he got healthy). Coach told a couple of championship stories, including one about an exchange of increasingly animated up and down shirt-tugs when Jay was nervously questioning taking that 3 point shot as directed by the sign - and then coolly nailed it. Then Coach told some warm and funny stories about Bobby Hurley who was also at the dinner, about his recruiting him especially. Also about how he was like a son to him. Finally, there was a tribute to Ray Lumpp who was in the audience (last member of the gold medal USA Basketball team from 1948!), who Coach surprised by inviting him to come sit behind him on the bench in 2012! Brought the house down! (Coach then quipped that having him near would be a good break from listening to Boeheim.)

Nolan will make all these guys better. Because of leadership, and defense. Practiciing again Nolan will improve their games. And when we need someone to help contain or cool a hot shooting perimeter player, Nolan will be the first option.

Quote Originally Posted by muzikfrk75 View Post
    I'm beyond excited for the season to start.
    Me too.

The Football Season!

The first Saturday in September is eagerly anticipated!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Even though it's a week old, didn't see this in the old KI thread, so posting it here. Jerry Meyer's (Rivals) take on Selby vs. Irving

Q: Guards Josh Selby and Kyrie Irving proved they were the best guards in this 2010 class. Who do you think is better now, and who do you think will have the best future?

A: I agree that Selby and Irving are the two best guard prospects in the 2010 class. They can both do it all as combo guards. They score, handle, create, distribute, defend and rebound their position.

Rivals.com has Selby ranked above Irving for this reason: Selby can do everything as well, if not better, than Irving. Selby also has a level of athleticism that Irving doesn't possess.

Selby is simply the most unguardable player in the 2010 class.

Some argue that Irving is a better pure point guard than Selby, but I'm not buying that argument. Just because Selby is an electric athlete and dynamic scorer doesn't mean he can't excel at the role of a distributor. I've seen Selby dominate high-level games with his penetration and passing skills.

Both prospects are going to have tremendous careers and likely will be multi-year NBA all-stars. In the end, though, Selby's superior athleticism will give him the edge.

http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1082422

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Indeed. And no "sort of" needed for Kyle. Kyle is a perimeter player and a darn good one at that. And Nolan is a budding superstar as well. We are simply loaded in our backcourt no matter which of them is on the court at any given time.

It is embarassing to have that much talent
    There were many moments in tournament this year where I thought Nolan was the best player on the floor. To have him and Seth and Kyrie and Andre in the back court, wow. Especially if Andre develops some this summer and Seth is as good as they say.

our back court is just going to be scary good! we have a great mix of scorning,and for the first time in ages a true passing point guard! I love that fact that we have seth on the team i think its going to be hard to keep him on the bench. i can even see him starting..Go Duke!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukefan4Life View Post
    our back court is just going to be scary good! we have a great mix of scorning,and for the first time in ages a true passing point guard! I love that fact that we have seth on the team i think its going to be hard to keep him on the bench. i can even see him starting..Go Duke!!!
    There is no doubt that our back court will be great but in mentioning that you have to mention Kyle. I love KI but I wouldn't call him a "passing point guard." If you mean that he is a great passer that is true, but if you are saying he is a true point guard that mainly distributes I disagree. I think he will be a major scorer next year and could average 12-15 ppg next year.

I also disagree about Seth starting but if you want to read all about that just go here.

I will put it this way, he is more of a passing guard than we have had in a very very Long time..

What am i reading just opinions like everyone else has? I think seth could start. The kid has good handle, passing, and a very good touch with the ball.