Dallas Braden will have more than 15 minutes of fame.

The A's pitcher just threw a perfect game against the Tampa Bay Rays, the 19th in major league history.

Story

A-Rod's comment, after Braden barked at him for walking across Braden's mound a few weeks ago, to the effect that Braden only deserved 15 minutes of fame for the incident now seems to have been short-sighted.

I've watched Braden for 3-4 years now, and have always thought he had good stuff. The A's philosophy that starters only go for 100 pitches, together with Braden's injuries, has meant that Braden is not around for the end of the game. Their record, too, has meant that he hasn't gotten much ink for his work.

I dunno if he will do this again; probably not. I'd like to see him with some consistency in the W-L columns, He's capable of 20-win seasons, but I don't think the A's will allow him those kinds of innings.

Anyway, it was fun. (I wasn't at the game today, being involved in some Mother's day stuff. Saw the last 4 innings on the telly.) Local TV is going ga-ga over it.

209 represent!

His mom died of cancer 10 years ago. Today is Mother's Day, and his grandmother was at the game, along with tons of his hometown friends.

susanslusser Dallas Braden’s grandmother is here and speaking to the press. She says, and I’m not joking, “Stick it, A-Rod.” #Athletics

Well, I, for one, teared up watching the recap and after a lovely day at Nats Park with my own son.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    I dunno if he will do this again; probably not.
    Don't go too far out on a limb there.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?