Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Has anyone with DirecTV come up with a clean way to get video content off of their DVR and onto a computer or DVD? I have had two DVD recorders (both panasonics), and neither lasted more than 2 years before it completely died. Not being willing to pay the $75 fee to replace a $150 device, I trashed it.

Would love to be able to pull off a couple of national championship games from this spring and burn them to a DVD for personal use.
    "There can BE only one."

terrible

This change is going to completly screw up my channel surfing. Right now I can look around the 500's and find my HD stuff. With this new lineup it looks like HD will be all over the place. Which makes things difficult. That's how directv is set up and its awful. I don't watch anything non-HD so it makes sense to have them grouped together.

Time Warner Sucks. I will be changing to ATT Uverse as soon as its available in the Triad.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePublisher View Post
    This change is going to completly screw up my channel surfing. Right now I can look around the 500's and find my HD stuff. With this new lineup it looks like HD will be all over the place. Which makes things difficult. That's how directv is set up and its awful. I don't watch anything non-HD so it makes sense to have them grouped together.

Time Warner Sucks. I will be changing to ATT Uverse as soon as its available in the Triad.
    With DirecTV, the HD channels are typically right next to their non-HD equivalents. You can set up a custom playlist which only shows the channels you want. So for someone with HD, just go through and uncheck all the non-HD channels and voila! You've got a playlist with one ABC, one NBC, one ESPN, etc and they're all in HD. You can also remove all the PPV movie and shopping channels you never watch from your list if you like.

You do have to go through periodically and check for new stations (e.g. Comedy Central HD was added recently, but I didn't know b/c I hadn't updated my custom list in awhile), but I can live with that.

I like it a lot better that way than having HD channels in one place and non-HD in another, but maybe that's personal preference.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post

First, let me give you the direct number for TWC's retention department, so you don't have to go through the customer service phone tree:

800-761-2289 (Note: this was included in the copy because it is such a handy number to have!

When it's convenient I'll go to the Garner store and get a new Cisco or Samsung DVR to replace the AS unit I've got now, just because.
    I got the new Cisco HD DVR box today! I went to the TWC office in Clayton about a month ago and they said they didn't have any, but would call me when they got some in. They called Wednesday and I picked it up this afternoon. Plugged it in and connected the cable and connections, and it booted right up! Operation is like on the old SA box, but much faster reaction to commands! This box is supposed to have twice the HD drive space, but since it is 0% full, I can't verify that yet. I'll let you know.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com