Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Paulus and the Saints

NOLA.com is reporting that Greg Paulus is among about 40 undrafted tryout players that will get a shot at making the team at the New Orleans Saints weekend minicamp this weekend.

See http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...greg_paul.html

Quote Originally Posted by MtPJimB View Post
    NOLA.com is reporting that Greg Paulus is among about 40 undrafted tryout players that will get a shot at making the team at the New Orleans Saints weekend minicamp this weekend.

See http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf...greg_paul.html
    Don't the Saints realize that a quarterback that height can't make it in the NFL?

Who 'dat? Greg Paulus

dONT EVEN GET YOUR HOPES UP FOR THIS,HES TOO "UN-ATHLETIC".But seriously,I'm happy for Greg hes out there trying,I would really like to see him make a team

(via Jeff Goodman's twitter) If it doesnt work out with the Saints, Paulus wants to get involved in college bball coaching.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the staff in the future

Quote Originally Posted by t-baller22 View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the staff in the future
    He'll definitely be on a Duke Sideline, because his Football Career will be short-lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff0r3 View Post
    He'll definitely be on a Duke Sideline, because his Football Career will be short-lived.
    And just why are you so confident of that.
    Celebrate what he has accomplished rather than throw gratuitous insults at him

We will see how it turns out. He has accomplished much more than the vast majority of his detractors (now including you) have predicted.

Good luck Greg

Best of luck to Greg when he tries out in New Orleans. As many of you guys know, his coach at Syracuse was the Saints offensive coordinator beforehand. Hopefully he impresses Sean Payton and makes the team as the third string quarterback this year.

Wishing you well Greg. Be it football, coaching, or any other venture.
    GOOD LUCK!

I do not think that Paulus will coach at Duke. I think he will coach and that he is a decent enough shot to be good at it. I just doubt that it will be at Duke.

No reason to think that yet. He has been successful at every single thing he has put his mind to.

Good luck Greg. All the best.

He has all the intageables that Drew Brees has, there's no reason to think he can't succeed in football. The Saints have a great coaching staff that I think is capable of developing a guy with will and determination like Paulus. I hope when I watch Saints games next year, I see him holding a clipboard, conversing with Drew and [enter 2nd string qb here]. I at least hope he makes the practice squad.
    If it doesnt work out, I wouldnt mind seeing him on our bench in the future.

All I can say is good luck Greg, we're rooting for ya!

i am predisposed to dislike the saints because:

a. they are in the panther's division
    b. they whupped the colts

however, it's hard to hate brees and if paulus was backing him up, i'd have to pull for them (just not against the panthers)

good luck greg...

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    I do not think that Paulus will coach at Duke. I think he will coach and that he is a decent enough shot to be good at it. I just doubt that it will be at Duke.
    Why not at Duke?

Quote Originally Posted by JaMarcus Russell View Post
    Why not at Duke?
    Greybeard is a Cornell grad, NY guy...maybe he thinks it would be on Boeheim's staff.

The Saints camp starts today, and player interviews may be granted tomorrow. The media whirlwind may start again if Greg makes it to the pre-season. Invited to the Saints camp is a similar to better situation than Riley Skinner's invite to the Giants camp. http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/spo...042610aaa.html

Who has the greater NFL potential? Well Paulus is taller, smart, relentless work ethic (recall Dave Paulus saying that Greg was at Syracuse from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm every day during the informal workouts period), and reports are he is throwing the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by formerdukeathlete View Post
    Greybeard is a Cornell grad, NY guy...maybe he thinks it would be on Boeheim's staff.

The Saints camp starts today, and player interviews may be granted tomorrow. The media whirlwind may start again if Greg makes it to the pre-season. Invited to the Saints camp is a similar to better situation than Riley Skinner's invite to the Giants camp. http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/spo...042610aaa.html

Who has the greater NFL potential? Well Paulus is taller, smart, relentless work ethic (recall Dave Paulus saying that Greg was at Syracuse from 6:00 am to 11:00 pm every day during the informal workouts period), and reports are he is throwing the ball well.
    Due to his various outstanding qualities of character, in addition to some real QB ability, I think he does have a slight chance at making a team if its system plays to his strengths. In any case, very glad to hear he is getting this chance, and may he make the best of it!

GL Greg

Paulus Syracuse exit interview

http://www.citrustv.net/view-video5.aspx?id=713

He sounds classy as ever. And if he doesn't make the NFL, we might still see him on the sidelines at Duke!