Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm glad most of you enjoyed the info. Somebody let me know when we print the unfinished draft next time

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Nothing wrong with being raw when you're goin to be playing behind the NPOY front runner and a team that goes 10-11 deep. He'll get his 5-10 minutes a game and will contiune to progress throughout the season. I'm excited to have him!
    I agree. One thing I haven't seen mentioned though is the value Felix will bring as a practice player for Singler. This past season Singler didn't really have a long, athletic and defensive minded guy to compete against in practice. Felix should really provide a good challenge, both offensively and defensively, for Singler to hone his sf skills against.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I agree. One thing I haven't seen mentioned though is the value Felix will bring as a practice player for Singler. This past season Singler didn't really have a long, athletic and defensive minded guy to compete against in practice. Felix should really provide a good challenge, both offensively and defensively, for Singler to hone his sf skills against.
    Exactly, and Josh Hairston may be able to provide some of that too, though I suspect this past year Lance gave Kyle plenty of challenge when they were not paired next to one another.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post

Great point. Come to think of it, everyone will have a formidable opponent in practice.

Nolan-Kyrie
    Seth-Andre/Tyler
    Singler-Felix
    Plumlee-Plumlee
    Kelly-Hairston

Kyrie and Nolan would be a fun 1 on 1 to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    He was not academically eligible coming out of high school to play in the NCAA according to this article:
    Why didn't he go to Memphis?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Carrick...thought that going to JC would give him a chance to develop and perhaps reach a higher level program.
    Mission accomplished!

Quote Originally Posted by Lennies View Post
    Why didn't he go to Memphis?

Burn!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoCrazy84 View Post
    Great point. Come to think of it, everyone will have a formidable opponent in practice.

Nolan-Kyrie
    Seth-Andre/Tyler
    Singler-Felix
    Plumlee-Plumlee
    Kelly-Hairston

Kyrie and Nolan would be a fun 1 on 1 to watch.
    Well, except Kyrie and Nolan will both probably run with the first unit most of the time. My guess is in most practices Seth will guard Kyrie and Andre will guard Nolan. Tyler could probably be used all over to give different looks to either practice squad, although he especially could guard Nolan when Andre is playing the 3 and guarding Kyle (give Andre practice against bigger forward so we can play three guards plus Kyle and a big in games).

No matter what, those would be fun practices to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Well, except Kyrie and Nolan will both probably run with the first unit most of the time. My guess is in most practices Seth will guard Kyrie and Andre will guard Nolan. Tyler could probably be used all over to give different looks to either practice squad, although he especially could guard Nolan when Andre is playing the 3 and guarding Kyle (give Andre practice against bigger forward so we can play three guards plus Kyle and a big in games).

No matter what, those would be fun practices to watch.
    The Blue-White might be the best game before the tourny

Thanks for the article. However, I am concerned. Every player that is coming in next year and a few of the current players sound like they are "athletic". Are we sure they are allowed to come to Duke?.

For you Doug Gottlieb

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Thanks for the article. However, I am concerned. Every player that is coming in next year and a few of the current players sound like they are "athletic". Are we sure they are allowed to come to Duke?.
    One might even say alarmingly athletic!

Lands at ASU

Carrick Felix has committed to Arizona State.

http://duke.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091450

Good luck to Carrick; Herb Sendek is building a good program there.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Carrick Felix has committed to Arizona State.

http://duke.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1091450

Good luck to Carrick; Herb Sendek is building a good program there.
    Best of luck to him out at Arizona State. He should do well in the Pac 10 and help build something out at Arizona State. Hope he does great out there and would have really like to have seen here, but things happen for a reason I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    Best of luck to him out at Arizona State. He should do well in the Pac 10 and help build something out at Arizona State. Hope he does great out there and would have really like to have seen here, but things happen for a reason I guess.

I agree, he will do well there. He won't make it to the league or anything, but as long as he's comfortable and has fun, he'll do well which I think would be hard not to do at ASU.

Kinda makes me think why he left Duke, I honestly think a lot of it has to do with his girlfriend. I would not doubt that she had some sort of say in it.

So instead of filling Lance's shoes, he'll fill Boateng's? Glad to see there's still a Duke connection

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Berg View Post
    So instead of filling Lance's shoes, he'll fill Boateng's? Glad to see there's still a Duke connection
    Only if he can play center.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Berg View Post
    That means he will not start until he's a senior. Best of luck at ASU.

Quote Originally Posted by Houston View Post
    That means he will not start until he's a senior. Best of luck at ASU.
    I know you are referencing the previous post but in all honesty, the kid should probably start from day one at ASU. They are depleted and need someone with Carrick's upside to change their direction. I expect he will be very successful at ASU. He was never meant to be a real Devil but will service the Sun Devils well.

Why did Carrick choose ASU??

This may have already been covered in another thread; but I read articles in the Durham paper and on espn about Carrick making the decision not to attend Duke af few days after he signed a letter of intent to play at Duke because it didn't feel right in his heart. So my question is, "What's the real reason for Carrick turning down the scholarship"? He denied it being an academic issue. Was it that or did either he or his girlfriend not like the area? Or did he become concerned about playing time based on incoming recruits or who Duke was recruiting?
    Last edited by Class of '94; 06-08-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: grammar correction

It would have been fun to see a transfer at Duke, but honestly I don't think this is much of a loss for Duke. I was never particularly impressed by any of Carrick's highlights, and did not see the athleticism that everyone else seemed to drool over... I wish him success at ASU, but I don't think it is a huge loss for Duke next year.