Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CJ Leslie to NC State

per NC State rivals site

http://ncstate.rivals.com/default.asp

Huge get for the Pack and a loss for Kentucky.

Good for the Pack. Big Three is back? Where's the fourth?

Great I would have hated to see him go to UK, but Nc State is going ot be great next year. Not better than Duke of course

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Great I would have hated to see him go to UK, but Nc State is going ot be great next year. Not better than Duke of course
    What is your definition of "great."

I think State is going to be in the top half of the ACC and make the big dance (which just got bigger), I suppose that is great by El Sid's standards. But, I see them behind Duke, UNC, and Va Tech (at least) in the ACC next year.

-Jason "Sid keeps on coming close but then saving his job" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I think State is going to be in the top half of the ACC and make the big dance (which just got bigger), I suppose that is great by El Sid's standards. But, I see them behind Duke, UNC, and Va Tech (at least) in the ACC next year.
    At least? Who else *is* there?

Talking He is allergic to calamari

Good for CJL.

Did not want to use the "S****" word.
    Best--Blueprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

-Jason "Sid keeps on coming close but then saving his job" Evans
    Well yeah maybe I overstated the word "GREAT" but I do think they are going to be one of the top teams in the acc next year.

Huge get for State.

This kid has a huge upside. Super athlete!

I'm glad to see Kenucky miss him.

I actually like to see the ACC stay competitive.

Wow!! good for State.

A great get for the ACC.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Wow, if that's true, it is huge. I really didn't anticipate that at all. Good for State, and good for the strength of the ACC. That team now looks very interesting.

The question now becomes whether or not Lowe can do a better job of mixing egos with the seniors (Smith and Gonzalez) and the freshmen (Harrow, Brown, and Leslie) than he did with Hickson and Fells/Costner/McCauley. At least this time he doesn't have the "these weren't my recruits" problem to worry about.

If it's true that Leslie has committed, Lowe now has a chance to really solidify himself in the NC State job. He's finally had the home run recruiting class that is competitive with Duke and UNC. Of course, the flip side is that he now has to put up or shut up.

I just hope that they will stop rolling over for UNC.
    It would be nice if they snake-bit them once in a while instead of saving it ALL for us.

Wolfpack fans finally have a reason for hope and tingly feel good moment?
    Surely we are in the final days. No way this works out well.

I am thrilled for Sid and NCSU! Great news for them and for the ACC. The chemistry question is there but I think won't be as big of an issue. Bottom line: they're all Sid's players now, and the best talent is the young talent. Gonzalez and Mays are probably going to sit behind Harrow, but they'll see time and have their opportunities. Smith ought to be excited that there's finally going to be a driver in Harrow to feed him easy looks, and outside shooting to open up the lane for him. Between Smith, Howell, and Brown, they're going to have a good front line. Between Harrow, Wood, and Leslie they're going to have some serious talent on the perimeter. No one in the ACC should knock Duke out of the top spot this year, but State has the talent to push UNC and Va Tech in the 2nd tier.

NC State is back, wow!! I see no reason why State can't be 3rd or 4th in the ACC next year. The conference as a whole will be much better, but based on the amount of talent they have, they can get it done. Great point by an earlier poster saying this is do or die now for Mr. Lowe. He better get it done or he IS done. Im so excited for nest season, but nervous! So many teams will be knocking on the door for the top of the conference.

My early prediction is that 12-4 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    If it's true that Leslie has committed, Lowe now has a chance to really solidify himself in the NC State job.
    I knew there was a downside to this.

I am thrilled for Sid and NCSU! Great news for them and for the ACC. The chemistry question is there but I think won't be as big of an issue. Bottom line: they're all Sid's players now, and the best talent is the young talent. Gonzalez and Mays are probably going to sit behind Harrow, but they'll see time and have their opportunities. Smith ought to be excited that there's finally going to be a driver in Harrow to feed him easy looks, and outside shooting to open up the lane for him. Between Smith, Howell, and Brown, they're going to have a good front line. Between Harrow, Wood, and Leslie they're going to have some serious talent on the perimeter. No one in the ACC should knock Duke out of the top spot this year, but State has the talent to push UNC and Va Tech in the 2nd tier.
    Dave, a few points:

Mays is gone. He transfered. Harrow will run the point with Javi backing him up. Brown is not a front-line player...he's the 5* SG with this class.

Here's the new lineup in my opinion:
    PG: 5*Harrow, 3*Javi
    SG: 5*Brown/3*Williams
    SF: 5*Leslie/3*Wood
    PF: 4*Howell/4*Painter
    C: 4*Smith/2*Vandenburg

On another note, everyone's favorite tool couldn't help but weigh in after predicting that CJ Leslie was a lock for Kentucky. In response to someone questioning him via twitter, he responded with:

@KySportsRadio No idea what you might be $aying. Or what I'm $aying
    You stay classy Greg Doyel

http://twitter.com/greggdoyelcbs

Good for State! Now all they have to do is win. Sidney, you might find the heat gets turned up a bit if you don't.

And as what'shisname, oh, yeah, Adam Gold, just said on the radio. Great, now show me next year's recruiting class and the one after that. Build a program (just like Coach Cut is doing!).
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

FYI. My moniker has nothing to do with the coach. I am not going for "El Sid", the oft used nickname on this site and elsewhere. It's a personal nickname. Hmm, these State posts are going to get confusing for me.

Having cleared that up...is Kentucky really feeling the sting of this? Seems like they have an embarrassment of riches already. I mean, any five star recruit is a potential superstar, but it seems like UK was well stocked already.

I'm thrilled he's coming to State. For now. Until he starts looking all awesome against us and giving me heartburn in games. Great for the ACC though.

As for other competitive teams, can't Miami pull something together? They're losing Dews, Collins, McGowan, Thomas. Durand Scott is back. He was a nasty frosh. I expect Miami to have a chance to be fairly competitive. That said, Haith doesn't really inspire me as a coach. VaTech will be good. Wake is a big ?.

Ga. Tech? Not sure either. Do we have an ACC 2010/11 preview thread?

Quote Originally Posted by ElSid View Post
    Having cleared that up...is Kentucky really feeling the sting of this? Seems like they have an embarrassment of riches already. I mean, any five star recruit is a potential superstar, but it seems like UK was well stocked already.
    Yes, they basically have nobody to play PF for them if Terrence Jones doesn't commit to them on Friday or if by some miracle Daniel Orton decides to return to school.