Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Real Life Ivan brothers, Class of 2012 and 2013

These kids look like beast, I hope they can grow a beard.
    Last edited by Welcome2DaSlopes; 05-02-2010 at 04:06 PM.

Yeah. Or did someone flunk (held back) along the way?

Quote Originally Posted by hedevil View Post
    Or maybe one skipped a grade.

Quote Originally Posted by hedevil View Post
    No they seem to be pretty high on academics, and they go to a prep school and they have Duke and Stanford on their list, although maryland is on there as well.

AWESOME!

By the time these kids are done growing, they could make like a double Yao Ming duo. Talk about twin (twins or not) towers. Duke or Stanford (Johnny Dawkins). This may be a good sign as to their mindset. What could be better than having these guys to replace the Plumlees. Of course Mason might still be around.

Just to clarify, Mason would be only be around for brother #1 I believe. Should he stay.

the diversity of our species is simply mind boggling

DANG! I'm all over this thread already. I'm just imagining the possibilities. Obviously this is all speculation based on the fact that these kids actually pick Duke. Mason could be playing his senior year when brother #1 gets to Duke which would allow him a year to learn the system behind a senior. Throw in big Tyler Adams who may be a dominating inside force by then, and wow!

Throw in the Pumlee pattern, one brother enters his sophmore year when little bro comes in as a freshman. MAN OH MAN! With these guys and Adams, coach K might switch back to this past NC team's format of rebounding and kicking out to shooters. We could have some rediculous size come 2013.

Just dreaming!

My god...

Here's what I'm thinking for our 2012 starting lineup: Ryan Kelly, Josh Hairston, Tyler Adams, Mason Plumlee, and Sim Bhullar (cause, you know, we're gonna need some real height out there).

From reading the links they are not twins... for those wondering why they are not in the same grade.

Anybody know if these guys are leaning anywhere or our chances with them?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFreakShow View Post
    Anybody know if these guys are leaning anywhere or our chances with them?
    I have no idea, but I guessing it's a land one land the other type of deal, so I really hope we get both. You can't teach this kind of SIZE, and they have skill to go along with that.

Does anyone have any other actually news with these guys and duke? airowe or someone?

I heard that the high school games (on these videos) were played on an 8 foot goal--it certainly appears that way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Does anyone have any other actually news with these guys and duke? airowe or someone?
    I wouldn't expect anything to come of this. They don't seem to be able to run the floor real well, and that seems to be the direction we're moving in...

they may be tall, but those guys look winded after doing a couple dunks. Not to be a downer, but I'd temper my expectations. Just from the brief video, a couple things seem clear (to me at least): (1) for being 7'3 or 7'4" (or whatever they are), the can't jump very high, (2) they need way more conditioning, (3) lack of lateral quickness means eventual foul trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    My god...

Here's what I'm thinking for our 2012 starting lineup: Ryan Kelly, Josh Hairston, Tyler Adams, Mason Plumlee, and Sim Bhullar (cause, you know, we're gonna need some real height out there).
    I'm not sure why everyone seems to think mason is going to stay 4 years, he's already projected in the lottery for 2011. We'll be lucky if he stays for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by licc85 View Post
    I'm not sure why everyone seems to think mason is going to stay 4 years, he's already projected in the lottery for 2011. We'll be lucky if he stays for 3.
    I think this is going overboard the other way. He's a tremendous prospect that has a tremendous amount to improve upon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the moment he steps on the court this year he'll have put it all together, but something tells me otherwise. I'd wager he's a 4 year guy over a 2 year guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    I think this is going overboard the other way. He's a tremendous prospect that has a tremendous amount to improve upon. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the moment he steps on the court this year he'll have put it all together, but something tells me otherwise. I'd wager he's a 4 year guy over a 2 year guy.
    Yeah I would agree. We also don't know for sure how the new NBA collective bargaining agreement or possible lockout could affect next year's draft. Furthermore, it's going to be tough for Mason to score much within the offense given 1. his propensity for foul trouble, and 2. having so many other scoring threats on the team (unless he is on the floor with his brother, he will almost always be scoring option #5).

Plenty of guys have been drafted on potential, and that's what would get him drafted in the lottery next year, but I think Mason would greatly improve his stock and overall skills by returning his junior season when he will be far more featured in the offense.