Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I skimmed the article referenced by the OP and didn't see any mention of REASONS the Wears would have for transferring. Several people seem to assume that playing time is the issue, as it often is, but there could be many other reasons (assuming the rumor is true to begin with)

I believe he thinks HB will move from the 3 and take over the 4 duties when Henson comes out for a rest during a game, if the Wears leave.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I skimmed the article referenced by the OP and didn't see any mention of REASONS the Wears would have for transferring. Several people seem to assume that playing time is the issue, as it often is, but there could be many other reasons (assuming the rumor is true to begin with)
    If the problem was the lack of playing time last season, it seems an odd time to transfer now that their playing time is likely to be on the rise in light of certain departures.

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    As for the Wear twins, I find it amazing how people can downplay what they offer to the heels after just one season. Exactly what did Lance and Brian bring to the table their Freshman year? It seems way to often that if a kid doesn't light it up their 1st year they are ruled a bust.
    While I agree it's hard to judge a player based on his freshman year, Lance started 18 games and played 15 minutes a game his freshman year. That's a significantly greater contribution than Wears, who started 3 games and played 16 minutes per game combined.*

* my minutes per game calculations count DNPs as zero (0) minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    While I agree it's hard to judge a player based on his freshman year, Lance started 18 games and played 15 minutes a game his freshman year. That's a significantly greater contribution than Wears, who started 3 games and played 16 minutes per game combined.*

* my minutes per game calculations count DNPs as zero (0) minutes.
    You must remember that Lance started as a freshman because there was no real alternative. This past year's UNC team was much more talented than that Duke team so the Wears were subs.

Now you'll probably counter that this year's UNC team had a worse record than that Duke team. My response, "That's true. Duke has a coach."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    Ok just making sure. IMHO I think the ACC POY possibly even the NPOY will come to HB and Kyle.
    That is a rather huge projection when talking about a freshman vs a senior.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Now you'll probably counter that this year's UNC team had a worse record than that Duke team. My response, "That's true. Duke has a coach."
    I laughed out loud at this. Heck this year's UNC team might be more talented than this year's Duke team.

To stay on topic, all of these rumors seem completely unsubstantiated. The Wear twins are in all likelihood staying.

Like several of you have said. I kind of liked this past years team and wish they all could stay!

My tarheel friend who I love to debate, keeps talking about how good the Wear boys are going to be. I just don't see it. We both are a little biased about our teams, but neither David or Travis have shown me anything other than solid, not great big men, who play pretty poor defense and make a lot of mistakes on offense with shot selection. That can all be improved, but neither of them appears to be very worrisome to me. Put me in the camp that the only true pleasure I would get if they did transfer would be to toss some of that nonsense I hear from UNC fans about how K is runs players off because he is a vile and horrible man only in it for himself and not the players.

BTW, anyone remember the last time you heard a tarheel fan complain about how horrible it was that K cussed?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I believe he thinks HB will move from the 3 and take over the 4 duties when Henson comes out for a rest during a game, if the Wears leave.
    That would be an interesting development. I doubt HB thought he would be playing inside very much.

If you guys remember, HB wanted to play the 2-guard in college and that guy has a plan, so I doubt that he will be playing the 4.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFreakShow View Post
    If you guys remember, HB wanted to play the 2-guard in college and that guy has a plan, so I doubt that he will be playing the 4.
    I just hope that he "gets it" by the 54th practice, so Ol Roy won't have to call him out in the press...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    That is a rather huge projection when talking about a freshman vs a senior.
    And for a freshman vs. the rest of the nation that has mucho talent returning at schools like MSU, Butler and Baylor.

He's no Kevin Durant - let's get that straight first. Bigger, faster, stronger players are coming to eat his lunch.

Oh yeah - and more experienced. And just as talented. I look forward to seeing him and CJ Leslie go at it.

I would be shocked if Harrison Barnes won NPOY. He's good, but he's not that good. I also don't think you can take Kyle against the rest of the field and feel great about it. NPOY is just too hard to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    And for a freshman vs. the rest of the nation that has mucho talent returning at schools like MSU, Butler and Baylor.
    Unless Hayward changes his mind in the next five days or so, Butler won't have anyone better than Barnes, even as a freshman. And if Hayward does change his mind, they still may not have anyone better. And it's hard to imagine Lucas having a much better year than he did last year, when he wasn't a serious candidate for NPOY. Lacedarius Dunn? Maybe, but he'll have a lot less help this year.

You have to keep in mind the media's deep and abiding love for all things UNC. If Barnes puts up good numbers for a UNC team that overcomes adversity by returning to the top 25 with a paltry nine HS All-Americans, he'll get consideration for NPOY.

He's no Kevin Durant - let's get that straight first. Bigger, faster, stronger players are coming to eat his lunch.
    Like who? There's Singler, and Chris Singleton, and who else in the league?

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    Like several of you have said. I kind of liked this past years team and wish they all could stay!

My tarheel friend who I love to debate, keeps talking about how good the Wear boys are going to be. I just don't see it. We both are a little biased about our teams, but neither David or Travis have shown me anything other than solid, not great big men, who play pretty poor defense and make a lot of mistakes on offense with shot selection. That can all be improved, but neither of them appears to be very worrisome to me. Put me in the camp that the only true pleasure I would get if they did transfer would be to toss some of that nonsense I hear from UNC fans about how K is runs players off because he is a vile and horrible man only in it for himself and not the players.

BTW, anyone remember the last time you heard a tarheel fan complain about how horrible it was that K cussed?

It's been quite a few freakin'/frakken/frickin' months, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    That would be an interesting development. I doubt HB thought he would be playing inside very much.
    That's what the tarheel faithful/players/coaches apparently told him would happen if he went to Duke.

As long as the UNC players wake up in nightsweats from the relentless Duke onslaught, have low self esteem/confidence issues and deep regrets about their college choice... I dont care wether they transfer or not.

Just that they suffer. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Unless Hayward changes his mind in the next five days or so, Butler won't have anyone better than Barnes, even as a freshman. And if Hayward does change his mind, they still may not have anyone better. And it's hard to imagine Lucas having a much better year than he did last year, when he wasn't a serious candidate for NPOY. Lacedarius Dunn? Maybe, but he'll have a lot less help this year.

You have to keep in mind the media's deep and abiding love for all things UNC. If Barnes puts up good numbers for a UNC team that overcomes adversity by returning to the top 25 with a paltry nine HS All-Americans, he'll get consideration for NPOY.

Like who? There's Singler, and Chris Singleton, and who else in the league?
    You are correct in the fact that the media will hype the guy up unbelievably.

And by mentioning those teams I'm talking experienced tourney teams that will hardly be intimidated by a hot shot freshmen.

In the league who will stop him? Oh I'm sure plenty will step up. On our team alone I feel we have at least FOUR people who can step up and shut him down depending on the situation and match-up, b/c we will be switching on him regardless.

I hope for UNC's sake that they come together as a team b/c running iso plays for Barnes will not work for long.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    I hope for UNC's sake...
    FTLOG, why would you do THAT????