Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wear Twins to Transfer and other UNC woes

According to this article, the Wear twins are considering transferring from Carolina to UCLA.

Maybe it is true, maybe not. I've got nothing more than that article and a bunch of internet chatter that is as often wrong as it is right.

--Jason "just wanted all of ya'll to be alerted to this possibility" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I don't buy it. It's like the Larry Drew II transfer rumors.

Besides, the Wear twins will be very important next year considering that after Zeller's annual injury, Carolina will only have them and Henson for the 4 & 5.

Whether it's true or not I like it. I often wondered why they would want to play for williams in chapel hill rather than the storied program in beautiful brentwood. Then I saw them play. Coming East where no one knows them well they can be perceived as 5 star athletes until they finally step on the court. Then reality steps in and a 20 loss season for the heels is in sight. Go heels! Win the NIT next year!

I hope they don't.

Without them, they have no inside game, with them they have little inside game.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    With out them, they have no inside game, with them they have little inside game.
    With them, they also have fewer scholarships to use on better players. I don't care if they stay.

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    With them, they also have fewer scholarships to use on better players. I don't care if they stay.
    Without them, they have at least one more scholarship offer available for Austin Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFreakShow View Post
    Without them, they have at least one more scholarship offer available for Austin Rivers.
    Wears going will not affect where Austin goes.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Wears going will not affect where Austin goes.
    As of right now, UNC has no scholarship offer available for Rivers, if the Wears transfer, that gives them more than enough space to comfortably offer Rivers a scholarship. I say comfortably because theres no telling what some of these coaches will do to open up a scholarship for the #2 player in the nation.

As of right now, UNC has no scholarship offer available for Rivers, if the Wears transfer, that gives them more than enough space to comfortably offer Rivers a scholarship. I say comfortably because theres no telling what some of these coaches will do to open up a scholarship for the #2 player in the nation.
    Well, maybe. They would also have a roster with two post players for 2011 and three for 2012, and six shooting guards in 2012 when Rivers would arrive. Sure, some of those guards stink, but it still wouldn't make sense.

If the Wears left, UNC would need to use those scholarships on big men.

roywhite knows what he's talking about. The Wears leaving or staying do not affect where Austin Rivers goes to college.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    roywhite knows what he's talking about. The Wears leaving or staying do not affect where Austin Rivers goes to college.
    There's no doubt that RoyWhite knows what he is talking about.

I am just wondering, how am I wrong. I am going strictly off of facts...can you enlighten me? lol

There's no doubt that RoyWhite knows what he is talking about.

I am just wondering, how am I wrong. I am going strictly off of facts...can you enlighten me? lol
    I'm guessing that roywhite and airowe believe that no matter how many schollies UNC does or does not have, AR will not attend UNC. They believe, I believe [in both senses], that AR will matriculate elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I'm guessing that roywhite and airowe believe that no matter how many schollies UNC does or does not have, AR will not attend UNC. They believe, I believe [in both senses], that AR will matriculate elsewhere.
    Oh, well I don't believe Rivers is going to UNC either but it's just nice to have some assurance that there's no possible way Rivers can go there.

Regardless of how it affects Austin, it is my opinion that I would rather have David and Travis Wear be on Carolina's basketball team than some of the other bigs out there in '11 and '12. I don't see them as much of a threat in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Regardless of how it affects Austin, it is my opinion that I would rather have David and Travis Wear be on Carolina's basketball team than some of the other bigs out there in '11 and '12. I don't see them as much of a threat in the future.
    I wholeheartedly agree. I hope they continue to occupy roster spots for years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. I hope they continue to occupy roster spots for years to come.
    I can't believe you guys are talking this way about the most fundamentally sound big men to ever matriculate at UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Without them, they have no inside game, with them they have little inside game.
    Without them, Barnes must spend more of his one year in college playing the post, rather than "maximizing" his draft position at the "3."

Of course, I am just guessing that ol' roy promised HB that he would not have to play the post, that he would be playing on the perimeter.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Without them, Barnes must spend more of his one year in college playing the post, rather than "maximizing" his draft position at the "3."

Of course, I am just guessing that ol' roy promised HB that he would not have to play the post, that he would be playing on the perimeter.
    Of course, he promised the same thing to Henson, who now might be playing power forward, with Barnes his only backup.

I don't see this happening though. The Wears got plenty of playing time last year when healthy (maybe too much), and look to get even more next year with Davis and Thompson gone. Still, it wouldn't be the first time a California player got homesick for the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Of course, he promised the same thing to Henson, who now might be playing power forward, with Barnes his only backup.

I don't see this happening though. The Wears got plenty of playing time last year when healthy (maybe too much), and look to get even more next year with Davis and Thompson gone. Still, it wouldn't be the first time a California player got homesick for the West Coast.
    I'm not exactly sure what this means but HB will be backing up no one.