Congrats to Clarkston Hines

From Duke press release

"Former Duke standout wide receiver Clarkston Hines is one of 14 individuals named to the 2010 College Football Hall of Fame Football Bowl Subdivision Class, announced on Thursday by Archie Manning, chairman of The National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame.

Hines will be enshrined at the National Football Foundation Annual Awards Dinner on December 7, 2010, at the Waldorf=Astoria in New York City.

“This is an extremely fantastic honor to be nominated and inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame,” Hines said. “It’s something that I never set out to do on my list of goals 24 years ago when I enrolled at Duke University, but I am very happy and I feel honored. As I think about this individual award I’m receiving, I can’t help but think about my teammates and my coaches – Coach (Steve) Spurrier, Coach (Steve) Sloan who recruited me to Duke in particular – and think about all of the people that had a small or a large part in me being able to receive this honor. It’s fantastic.' "

My favorite Duke Football player. Ever.

Thumbs up Quite a Group

Some long due---like Stovall. Group includes Sam Bam, Byrd,Stallings, and Caveness.
    Short bios:http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5215445

Best regards--Blueprofessor

Smooth operator in the open field. And a good guy to boot. Just heard his interview on the David Glenn show. Gave major props to Tom Butters for hiring Steve Spurrier. Bigger props to Spurrier and named off many of the great players he played with at Duke. Coach Cutcliffe is the one who called him to tell him about it...he raved about Cut and the direction of the program. Very nice interview.

Awesome guy and player. Sat behind him at a Duke game last year. You will see him around Wallace Wade at football games. Great that he comes back and shows his support. You know, I am pretty sure I remember that he played his college career without an acl or mcl. Pretty remarkable and fun to watch. I remember staying up late to watch him be announced as an all-american on the Johnny Carson show.

Here is a nice article on Clarkston's career at Duke from when he made the ACC's 50th anniversary team.

Dubbed the "Frequent Flyer" for his many flights to the end zone, Hines finished his career with 38 touchdown receptions, an all-time NCAA record. And his numbers have stood the test of time. He was the first player in ACC history to average over 100 yards a game receiving in 1989, and he remains the only player in ACC history to post three 1,000-yard receiving seasons. His 3,318 career yards today rank third in the ACC record book, and his 189 career catches rank sixth. The closest any ACC players have come to his 38 TD catches are Peter Warrick and Torry Holt with 31 apiece. Hines' 17 games of at least 100 yards receiving remain at the top of the charts in ACC history.
    --Jason "the NCAA's career leader in TD receptions... not too shabby" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?