Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 816
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of sports teams that disappoint in the playoffs

    Wear Twins to Transfer and other UNC woes

    According to this article, the Wear twins are considering transferring from Carolina to UCLA.

    Maybe it is true, maybe not. I've got nothing more than that article and a bunch of internet chatter that is as often wrong as it is right.

    --Jason "just wanted all of ya'll to be alerted to this possibility" Evans
    Don't ask me why, but my mother is making me Tweet. Says it will be good for my career. So, follow my ramblings, mostly on the film industry, @TVFilmTalk

  2. #2
    I don't buy it. It's like the Larry Drew II transfer rumors.

    Besides, the Wear twins will be very important next year considering that after Zeller's annual injury, Carolina will only have them and Henson for the 4 & 5.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Whether it's true or not I like it. I often wondered why they would want to play for williams in chapel hill rather than the storied program in beautiful brentwood. Then I saw them play. Coming East where no one knows them well they can be perceived as 5 star athletes until they finally step on the court. Then reality steps in and a 20 loss season for the heels is in sight. Go heels! Win the NIT next year!

  4. #4
    I hope they don't.

  5. #5
    Without them, they have no inside game, with them they have little inside game.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nashville
    Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    With out them, they have no inside game, with them they have little inside game.
    With them, they also have fewer scholarships to use on better players. I don't care if they stay.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deeetroit City
    Quote Originally Posted by Welcome2DaSlopes View Post
    Without them, they have no inside game, with them they have little inside game.
    Without them, Barnes must spend more of his one year in college playing the post, rather than "maximizing" his draft position at the "3."

    Of course, I am just guessing that ol' roy promised HB that he would not have to play the post, that he would be playing on the perimeter.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    With them, they also have fewer scholarships to use on better players. I don't care if they stay.
    Without them, they have at least one more scholarship offer available for Austin Rivers.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Lewisville, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeFreakShow View Post
    Without them, they have at least one more scholarship offer available for Austin Rivers.
    Wears going will not affect where Austin goes.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Without them, Barnes must spend more of his one year in college playing the post, rather than "maximizing" his draft position at the "3."

    Of course, I am just guessing that ol' roy promised HB that he would not have to play the post, that he would be playing on the perimeter.
    Of course, he promised the same thing to Henson, who now might be playing power forward, with Barnes his only backup.

    I don't see this happening though. The Wears got plenty of playing time last year when healthy (maybe too much), and look to get even more next year with Davis and Thompson gone. Still, it wouldn't be the first time a California player got homesick for the West Coast.

  11. #11

    McDonald?

    As this thread refers to plural transfers, I'll go beyond Wears to speculate about Leslie McDonald's future over there.

    Maybe he loves Roy, his teammates, and his chosen university, and is in whole hog for 4 - maybe 5? - years. I will be very surprised if LM neither transfers nor redshirts at some point. As I gather, UNC fans expect Bullock to be second only to HB in reviving their dream. I assume Graves and Strickland are ahead of LM on the depth chart. He seems such a good shooter, but will he stay there playing 10-12 mpg next year, and no guarantee of ever playing a major role? He can play, but at UNC, much, ever?

    Wheat? kong123? shoutingncu? anyone? anyone? [Ben Stein, "Ferris Bueller," Smoot-Hawley tariff....]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Wears going will not affect where Austin goes.
    As of right now, UNC has no scholarship offer available for Rivers, if the Wears transfer, that gives them more than enough space to comfortably offer Rivers a scholarship. I say comfortably because theres no telling what some of these coaches will do to open up a scholarship for the #2 player in the nation.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeFreakShow View Post
    As of right now, UNC has no scholarship offer available for Rivers, if the Wears transfer, that gives them more than enough space to comfortably offer Rivers a scholarship. I say comfortably because theres no telling what some of these coaches will do to open up a scholarship for the #2 player in the nation.
    Well, maybe. They would also have a roster with two post players for 2011 and three for 2012, and six shooting guards in 2012 when Rivers would arrive. Sure, some of those guards stink, but it still wouldn't make sense.

    If the Wears left, UNC would need to use those scholarships on big men.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeFreakShow View Post
    As of right now, UNC has no scholarship offer available for Rivers, if the Wears transfer, that gives them more than enough space to comfortably offer Rivers a scholarship. I say comfortably because theres no telling what some of these coaches will do to open up a scholarship for the #2 player in the nation.
    roywhite knows what he's talking about. The Wears leaving or staying do not affect where Austin Rivers goes to college.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    roywhite knows what he's talking about. The Wears leaving or staying do not affect where Austin Rivers goes to college.
    There's no doubt that RoyWhite knows what he is talking about.

    I am just wondering, how am I wrong. I am going strictly off of facts...can you enlighten me? lol

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeFreakShow View Post
    There's no doubt that RoyWhite knows what he is talking about.

    I am just wondering, how am I wrong. I am going strictly off of facts...can you enlighten me? lol
    I'm guessing that roywhite and airowe believe that no matter how many schollies UNC does or does not have, AR will not attend UNC. They believe, I believe [in both senses], that AR will matriculate elsewhere.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Richmond, Va
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    I'm guessing that roywhite and airowe believe that no matter how many schollies UNC does or does not have, AR will not attend UNC. They believe, I believe [in both senses], that AR will matriculate elsewhere.
    Oh, well I don't believe Rivers is going to UNC either but it's just nice to have some assurance that there's no possible way Rivers can go there.

  18. #18
    Regardless of how it affects Austin, it is my opinion that I would rather have David and Travis Wear be on Carolina's basketball team than some of the other bigs out there in '11 and '12. I don't see them as much of a threat in the future.

  19. #19
    I don't know how much UNC basketball you guys watched this year but the Wears were hardly in post at all. Most of their points came off jump shots.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreechTDX1847 View Post
    I don't know how much UNC basketball you guys watched this year but the Wears were hardly in post at all. Most of their points came off jump shots.
    How do you define a basketball player's position?

Similar Threads

  1. Great mirror trick with twins
    By CameronBornAndBred in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 03:52 PM
  2. Stanford's Lopez twins declare for NBA draft
    By brevity in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 08:42 PM
  3. Stanford - Lopez Twins
    By gw67 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 06:16 AM
  4. Oh! The WOES! Of the O's!
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 05:40 PM
  5. Corporate IT Woes?
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •