Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Duke Butler Rematch - December 4th

According to Duke blue planet's twitter, we are playing Butler on 12/4 at the Meadowlands.

I don't think it's gonna be as close this time. Especially if Hayward is gone, I'd have to think we'd be favored by a lot more than we were in the championship game.

Thoughts?

just posted this on the MBB schedule thread

Several students at Butler have confirmed it for me too

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil2012 View Post
    I don't think it's gonna be as close this time.
    To be fair, it couldn't get much closer. That said, who knows what will happen? Butler thrived on a very stingy D that knocked teams out of their comfort zone. A young Duke team still in the early stages of working in new members may have a lot of trouble figuring out that D.

I think it is cool they are going to play. To me, Duke and Butler were the 2 hardest working teams in college basketball. In a year where there was not a truely dominant team, it is fitting that the 2 teams that played the hardest met for the championship. Having said that, Duke has more talent heading into the season, but Butler will be wanting a little revenge I am sure. Either way, it will be a fun Dec. game and generate a ton of hype. Will be great!

Should be a fun game. Regardless of the outcome, we are still 2010 National Champs. But hey, we enter every year with intentions of winning them all so without winning this one we won't be undefeated.

Let's see how tough they are in front of a "neutral" crowd pulling for Duke, instead of a "neutral" crowd pulling for Butler!

wish it was at cameron

Quote Originally Posted by kingboozer View Post
    wish it was at cameron
    Or even at Hinkle.

Would be great if it's 1st of 3 seasons for this match. Well, it's great as is, so, greater.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Or even at Hinkle.
    Meh. They had their chance for a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Or even at Hinkle.
    I'd be for that in Dec '11, then in CIS in '12. Especially if Butler and Stevens ride their almost-NC to high-mid-major-dominance for awhile. This is a series worth cultivating for a few years.

Duke-Butler championship game rematch set for Dec. 4

Might want to fix the headline with the rematch story. Isn't it Gordon Hayward, not Josh?

Anyway, already looking forward to the game with our without Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    Might want to fix the headline with the rematch story. Isn't it Gordon Hayward, not Josh?

The irony of DBR is how the front page frequently misspells players' names but our posters love to point out every misspelled name (whether it's a Duke player or not). Shear, shear irony.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    The irony of DBR is how the front page frequently misspells players' names but our posters love to point out every misspelled name (whether it's a Duke player or not). Shear, shear irony.
    Perhaps, but "Josh" is definitely a strange spelling of Gordon...

Another way of looking at this is that this community really cares about spelling and accuracy w/ names. Whether it is some lowly poster like myself with less than 100 posts or the owners of the website writing on the frontpage, if you get something wrong, someone is going to call you on it. I like the way this applies to everyone...

That said, I would much rather play against this Josh Hayward than that Gordon guy from the championship game.

The real issue on the main page is Julio gets up at 2 am, posts his stuff, and goes back to bed. There is no editor. Misteaks and mispellings will happen, but we get fresh content, however flawed, every morning.

Those of us posting on the board can take the time to be careful, and to think before we post.

Or before we decide not to post, as could often be the more thoughtful conclusion.

(And don't forget: we have time for our coffee - or other favorite stimulant - before posting, too!)

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    The real issue on the main page is Julio gets up at 2 am, posts his stuff, and goes back to bed. There is no editor. Misteaks and mispellings will happen, but we get fresh content, however flawed, every morning.

Those of us posting on the board can take the time to be careful, and to think before we post.

Or before we decide not to post, as could often be the more thoughtful conclusion.

(And don't forget: we have time for our coffee - or other favorite stimulant - before posting, too!)

-jk
    ummm...misteaks. Better than rump but not as good as T-bone.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    ummm...misteaks. Better than rump but not as good as T-bone.
    Look 2 words later... you might find something else amiss, deliberately so I would imagine...