Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stillcrazie View Post
    I don't think it was a parody. The guy who says the line is someone we're supposed to like. This was the first episode I've seen, and the whole show really plays on your emotions. I think the writers threw in that line to make the character even more sympathetic.
    I thought about this issue a good bit late last evening. I didn't see the show last night, watched it once or twice early on, but not since, so have no clue as to which characters are more appealing than others.

Still, having agreed to temporarily take the advice to chill out over the Nazi reference, I did wonder who said it, and what the viewers' feel for that character had been coming into the episode.

So, I ask, as neutrally as possible: (1) Is stillcrazie correct that "The guy who says the line is someone we're supposed to like"? (2) If yes, is this - that the character hates Duke as much as he hates Nazis -or is it not worth being troubled about?
    Last edited by gumbomoop; 04-28-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: misspelling and misstatement