LOST for those who still care

I know that I was very unhappy with the way the show ended, but I realize that a number of members thought the ending was great. I just got this email so I felt that I should share it with those who still had good feelings about the show. http://www.profilesinhistory.c...lost-auction-preview As I complained before, the folks running things for this show knew how to milk their hardcore fans and this is only further proof of that. I do admit they've got a fantastic selection of some really, really awesome items.

If this post is against board rules then I apologize ahead of time, but due to the nature of the auction and how the show generated so much interest I felt it worth the effort.

Thanks for sharing this. If I were to bid on something I think this would be fantastic.

"Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Speaking of milking the fans, the Season 6 DVD will have an Epilogue that takes place after the finale. It's almost entirely about Walt

(white text in case anyone still cares about spoilers).

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Speaking of milking the fans, the Season 6 DVD will have an Epilogue that takes place after the finale. It's almost entirely about Walt

(white text in case anyone still cares about spoilers).
    Um, the white text is so transparent that I can't highlite it to see it. Did it time travel away from your post?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Um, the white text is so transparent that I can't highlite it to see it. Did it time travel away from your post?
    What's funny is that due to the background not being entirely white (it seems to have a small bit of gray mixed in), you can make out what was said without even highlighting (and it's quite noticeable when it got quoted in your post, Ozzie). Ha, oh well =)

There's a clip up on the Jezebel website, which has a tasty epilogue running. I guess the DVD package is loaded with answers, just cough-up that $49.95 for the base DVD set or better yet, $79.95 for the bells and whistles Blu-Ray package

Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    There's a clip up on the Jezebel website, which has a tasty epilogue running.
    Link?

My 2 sons just finished watching Lost a couple weeks ago. They powered through the first five seasons in just a few weeks but then went off to camp and stuff and waited a while to watch season 6.

It was kinda funny-- as they began watching "Across the Sea," I said to them, "There is going to be a moment coming up real soon where Lost is going to go from WOW/AMAZING/FASCINATING to whattheheckwasthat?!?!"

And a few minutes later Mother shows Jacob and MIB the river of light.

My 13 year old son turned to me and said, "it jsut started sucking didn't it?"

Amazing how perceptive the young can be, eh?

My kids said the ending on the Island was confusing and really seemed to have little to do with all we had seen and heard about for all the previous seasons. They were throwing shoes and stuff at the TV in anger over the purgatory ending (partly because my 11 year old did not really know what purgatory was so he thought it was all sorta a dream).

They were mad at me for letting them watch season 6. They said it would have been better if they had just stopped at the end of season 5 when Ben kills Jacob and it is revealed that MIB is Locke. They suggested that Julliet blows up the nuke and the whole island ceases to exist. That ending is one they would have preferred to what ended up happening.

--Jason "3 months later and I am still bitterly angry with Darlton for the seat-of-their-pants-we-don't-have-a-plan way they did the final season" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Crapcrapcrapcrapcrapcrap!!

That was really good and threatens to suck me back in.

--Jason "must...resist..." Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

LOL, but as usual it answers one question, but gives you more in it's place. Such as we always had visitors from Dharma HQ, but after the purge they just stopped? Also who was still bankrolling everything? Didn't they care one bit where their money was going?
    But I agree, if the DVD's are loaded with stuff like this then I'll probably breakdown and buy a used copy on ebay or as someone on another site mentioned, just rent it on Netflix.

Very cool! I'm in.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I'm not impressed. If you just miss seeing the characters, then fine. However, Darlton are pulling this story line out of their rear end. It will just raise more inconsistencies and unanswerable questions.

FWIW, the series finale left me so cold that I am glad it is over. I really enjoyed the ride up until season six, but have no desire to get back on.

How Lost SHOULD HAVE ENDED!!

--Jason "shut up, Chaz" Evans

was talking about lost with a colleague (season 1) and realized just how much fun it was for the first 3 seasons - how mysterious it was during the "rescue" time, and just how far it fell during the Flash Sideways.

:-(

I just finished watching the series on Blu-Ray, and I'd recommend watching the epilogue if you can find it. (I wouldn't buy the whole Blu-Ray just to get it, though.) It's got two scenes, featuring Ben & Hurley, and answers a few questions about various anomalies on the island. It also ties off one plotline from the early seasons that was left dangling.

I know that I was very unhappy with the way the show ended, but I realize that a number of members thought the ending was great. I just got this email so I felt that I should share it with those who still had good feelings about the show. http://www.profilesinhistory.c...lost-auction-preview As I complained before, the folks running things for this show knew how to milk their hardcore fans and this is only further proof of that. I do admit they've got a fantastic selection of some really, really awesome items.

If this post is against board rules then I apologize ahead of time, but due to the nature of the auction and how the show generated so much interest I felt it worth the effort.
    What's missing from that url? It does nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    What's missing from that url? It does nothing for me.
    try this: http://www.profilesinhistory.com/ite...html?Itemid=63

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I'd recommend watching the epilogue if you can find it. It's got two scenes, featuring Ben & Hurley, and answers a few questions about various anomalies on the island. It also ties off one plotline from the early seasons that was left dangling.
    I too have seen the epilogue and it is sorta fun. There is some answering of questions that happens, though it does nothing to change the overall view of the series.

--Jason "I found the ending minutes of the epilogue to be strained in its effort to answer a key series question and it did not work for me" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Matches View Post
    I just finished watching the series on Blu-Ray, and I'd recommend watching the epilogue if you can find it. (I wouldn't buy the whole Blu-Ray just to get it, though.) It's got two scenes, featuring Ben & Hurley, and answers a few questions about various anomalies on the island. It also ties off one plotline from the early seasons that was left dangling.
    Here is the epilogue (I think):
    http://c0up.posterous.com/lost-seaso...-man-in-charge