Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Uniforms?

New Uniforms?

Not trying to "nit pick" but with all the things going our way as of recent. I just thought for next season...wouldn't it be cool if we had a fresh look for uniforms?!?! I preferably like the old ones that we wore back when we won the championship with JWill and the gang. But I think we should switch up the look haha...I also typically like the black jerseys as well but people tend to stray from those...but we need a fresh look!!!!

maybe Kyle could whip up a new design..

The only change I want to see is getting rid of that tattooing/graffiti stuff on the back of our jerseys. Let's stay classic.

These were always my favorites:

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil2012 View Post
    The only change I want to see is getting rid of that tattooing/graffiti stuff on the back of our jerseys. Let's stay classic.

These were always my favorites:

My thoughts exactly!! Those are the ones I want to see and if not the exact ones then something pretty similar...I'm not a fan of the graphics just doesn't fit with the traditional feel of Duke

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlueDevil View Post
    My thoughts exactly!! Those are the ones I want to see and if not the exact ones then something pretty similar...I'm not a fan of the graphics just doesn't fit with the traditional feel of Duke
    I am sure that you all know that the uni with the graphic design embedded in the fabric was a spin off of the Nike design for Coach K's Olympic team. By the '12-'13 season we are likely to see another new design, especially if we win the Gold medal again. Go K! Go USA! Go Duke! GTHC!!!

if we're not going to embrace anything NEW or "modern"

maybe go back and keep it more "traditional"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    maybe go back and keep it more "traditional"
    Maybe I'm too young to appreciate it but that 60s jersey = ugly.

No black jerseys. No black in the uni at all please.

How about early 90s with some longer shorts?

Road Change OK

Go ahead and change the road uniforms if you want, but the white uniforms were just PERFECT!

Quote Originally Posted by Neals384 View Post
    Go ahead and change the road uniforms if you want, but the white uniforms were just PERFECT!
    I very much agree with this. I also really like the design on the back of the jerseys, apparently contrary to the rest of the posters on this board lol.

Light vs Dark Jerseys?

For what it's worth, I return to the unsubstantiated belief each season that we seem to have those foul laden games when wearing the home whites. Has anyone seen data to support whether or not certain colors and patterns in the uniform make a difference in what the official sees?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    I very much agree with this. I also really like the design on the back of the jerseys, apparently contrary to the rest of the posters on this board lol.
    I guess I wouldn't say that I don't like the current white uniforms...I guess I just like the ones from above better. But if everyone else likes them I'm in...I mean we did win a NC with them hahaha...I still can't see why no one likes the black!! I'm a big fan of them. Actually own a Scheyer Jersey and shorts to go with I'm happy if you're happy tho

lol I cringe whenever a TV camera zooms in on the back of those things.

I believe this...

Hi,

We just won a national championship with the current jerseys. To me that makes them amazingly beautiful. Keep them as they are.

GO DUKE!

I guess I wouldn't say that I don't like the current white uniforms...I guess I just like the ones from above better. But if everyone else likes them I'm in...I mean we did win a NC with them hahaha...I still can't see why no one likes the black!! I'm a big fan of them. Actually own a Scheyer Jersey and shorts to go with I'm happy if you're happy tho
    I know I like that black too. Maybe I just have the NC Rose Colored Glasses over my eyes but I think everything about last year was spectacular.

It's very simple regarding black: it's not one of Duke's school colors.

I know I like that black too. Maybe I just have the NC Rose Colored Glasses over my eyes but I think everything about last year was spectacular.
    I personally like the new jersey's as well. Last year when they first came around I was a little hesitant, but now, especially after winning it all, I really can't complain. But I will admit, that if they went back I wouldnt be too disapppointed. I am indifferent.

Quote Originally Posted by dliles View Post
    For what it's worth, I return to the unsubstantiated belief each season that we seem to have those foul laden games when wearing the home whites. Has anyone seen data to support whether or not certain colors and patterns in the uniform make a difference in what the official sees?
    Yes, I've read a study about that, using football players with dark jerseys and white jerseys. Basically, participants saw more penalties with the darker uniforms, perhaps playing on the whole light/dark/good/evil distinction.

Not sure how significant the difference was, but it was an interesting study. [It was in a Psych textbook, so I have no link.]

We don't need new jerseys. What we may need, however, are players from New Jersey. All four titles have featured a starter from NJ (Hurley^2, Williams, LT).
    Last edited by hurleyfor3; 04-22-2010 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil2012 View Post
    agreed. i hate the graffiti stuff on the back. i would actually like to see a retro look for a couple games. go back to the jerseys back in the day!

Quote Originally Posted by soccerstud2210 View Post
    agreed. i hate the graffiti stuff on the back. i would actually like to see a retro look for a couple games. go back to the jerseys back in the day!
    yes but K and the team like them...so they're not going anywhere
    April 1