Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Props to Ben63 on calling the Kuyt goal. And the Riise OG was just brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Des: How did Gerrard play? He was coming off a neck injury, and I've seen many reports that said he was officially fit (but not really).
    I'm not Deslok, but I thought Gerrard looked fine; he had some nice touches, including one that Torres should have finished, and a nice shot towards the end that required a pretty nice save from Cech. For all the talk about Torres at Anfield, he really couldn't get anything going...flubbed a wide-open touch outside the penalty area, and a couple shots right at Cech.

FWIW, if Chelsea wins, I would thoroughly wear blue in support against ManUre. I loathe the Trafford-ites.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Im in agreement with you there, so here's to a Barca victory today and not conceding an away goal.

Quote Originally Posted by pigs2k1 View Post
    Props to Ben63 on calling the Kuyt goal. And the Riise OG was just brutal.
    Thanks; and I thought the Riise goal was hilarious.

Chelsea didn't look real strong, and I wouldnt be surprised to see them blow it at the Bridge but they are on the fast track to win the tie. Predictions later. Depends on this weekend's Prem game and the various injuries.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Gerrard looked fine. Maybe a slight step of top form but no more than that(he looked better than Lampard did). As noted, Torres was more the main culprit for lack of a better result. As good as he'd been at home putting away his chances he didn't do much with 3 or so really good chances. He put shots on net, but right at Cech for relatively easy parries away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    Thanks; and I thought the Riise goal was hilarious.

Chelsea didn't look real strong, and I wouldnt be surprised to see them blow it at the Bridge but they are on the fast track to win the tie. Predictions later. Depends on this weekend's Prem game and the various injuries.
    I found the OG to be quite hilarious myself Ben. I told my best friend (A HUGE MANURE supporter) that the only way it could have been better would have been if Gerrard, Hyppia, and Babel, had all collided in the box, and the ball rolled off of them into the net. Fitting result for a team that didn't deserve to be in the semifinals to begin with.

My money is on Chelsea for the 2nd leg, seeing that Torres is non existant away from the Kop, and Liverpool haven't scored at Stamford Bridge in NINE YEARS!!! I know that history has no bearing on the future games, but that can be a huge psychological advantage for Chelsea. Im sure it will be another boring game though, with me figuring Chelsea to advance and meet Barca.

The greatest player to ever lace them up (according to my ManURE friends) missed a PENALTY??!!?? In probably the biggest game of his career to date?? LMAO! I sincerely hope they draw 1-1 at Old Trafford, and he is left to RUE the missed penalty. RUE I tell you!!!

How bout dem Blues!!!! Beating the Red Devils was huge. This should give us the confidence to beat Liverpool and advance the CL finals. However if Chelsea plays Man U in the finals, think Utd. would win it. But Chelsea can beat Barca.

Official CL picks later still.

Smile Nine year drought ...

Stranger things have happened. CRonaldo misses a PK. Liverpool playing in Istanbul comes to mind. A 1-1 tie at the Bridge?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Right now, ManU needs to worry about the health of their backline. They'd been solid there most of the year, but have struggled the past few games(I was rather mystified by their attempts at marking Chelsea up front, as they seemed to give way too much ground and we're just asking for trouble before Ballack finally gave Chelsea the lead.

I still think Man U will end up topping the table, since matching Chelsea's performance in the final 2 games will see them through. And since Chelsea is also going to be focusing on CL matches, it could be tough to win out(and they have what could be a dangerous game vs Bolton upcoming, since Bolton is amidst the group that are fighting for their lives to stay above the relegation zone). Especially since Fulham just pulled a game out of their rears that seemed to be over and done an hour in(and consequently, would have made their season just about over and done). And now they've got a do or die vs Birmingham, where neither side can really afford just a tie, and with it at Craven Cottage, Fulham just might find a way to survive which was looking really unlikely a few weeks ago.

Exclamation Derby

I'm wondering... with 3 games left, Derby is -59 on goal difference (they have scored only 17 goals all season). Will either of these stats break EPL records? WOW!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

I'm wondering... with 3 games left, Derby is -59 on goal difference (they have scored only 17 goals all season). Will either of these stats break EPL records? WOW!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    They only have one win on the year in all competition and still need 5 points from 3 games to avoid being worst ever. With only 3 games remaining (Arsenal, @Blackburn, and Home to Reading) I can only see them picking up 3 more pts at most (v Reading.)

As for GD, I'm not sure hope it breaks the record because anything worse than that is dreadful.

Thumbs down A bit of a row

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    How bout dem Blues!!!! Beating the Red Devils was huge. This should give us the confidence to beat Liverpool and advance the CL finals. However if Chelsea plays Man U in the finals, think Utd. would win it. But Chelsea can beat Barca.

Official CL picks later still.
    Check out the Bridge activity that's being investigated. Sure hope things are a little more level-headed this week.

Check out the Bridge activity that's being investigated. Sure hope things are a little more level-headed this week.
    Interesting that Chelsea always seem to be involved with these, no matter the team they are playing...I remember one back in the Carling Cup final last season as well. Still pulling for Chelski to dump Liverpool this week though, then lose to Barca in the finals. God knows that ManURE fans will be worse than UNC fans should they actually win the double this season.

Chelsea/Liverpool Prognostication

Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

Aggregate 2-2. This one is going to PK's.

Chelsea would love a 0-0 draw so I think they will be content to sit back and play good defense. However, given space and time, Liverpool will put one in, and it will be Steven Gerrard. Panicking, Avram Grant will sub in Nikolas Anelka for a 3rd striker to equalize. Anelka will score with less than 10 minutes to go. Nothing significant will happen in Extra Time.

Winner= Chelsea in PK's

Does anyone ever catch "Im on Setanta Sports" with the puppets of The special one, Sven, and Rooney? Used to just be Mourinho obviously but they have added, and 'Rooney' told a good joke yesterday.

Did you hear why John Arne Riise got pulled over by the police yesterday while driving?? They had to pull him over and ticket him for "heading in the wrong direction".

I nearly fell off the couch laughing at that one. Be Champions!

180 minutes of action and the difference is... Scholes? Really? I would have come up with a lot of names before expecting him to be the one to put either side in the final. Without Vidic the ManU defense looked exploitable, but Barca could never seem to get the last pass through to really threaten. 2 clean sheets sans Vidic is impressive, I didn't think they'd be able to do that(and winning without Rooney up front).

With all the firepower Barca has up front I'm honestly surprised they didn't put one in. You mean to tell me between Eto'o, Henry, and Messi they couln't get one measly goal?!?! Congrats to Utd. but I really expected more from Barca. I thought 2-1 would be more reasonable but what do I know??

Smile Prediction time

Well, the pitch should be soggy, the weather will be cold & wet, so it should be dreadful to watch, BUT ...

I'll stick with my 0-2/2-0 prediction. Whoever doesn't score the opening goal will open things up too far, and that will lead to a second goal.

Of course, I'll go with Liverpool. After the first 20 minutes, Chelsea will pack in the defense, and play for the 0-0 draw. I'll go with goals from Crouch and Torres (weird rotation). On the other hand, it wouldn't surprise me if Chelsea won 2-0, even without Lampard.

Still annoyed with ManU.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

I'm amused by ManU's win. Aside from generally rooting for the EPL and their winnin sans Vidic and Rooney, its now going to amuse me to hear about the chaos of 40,000+ fans needing a visa in the next 2 weeks from a single embassy(which reminds me, I need to pick up a visa for Russia for much later this summer). I'm just going to guess that there will be a wee bit of chaos there. And hey, its always amusing to watch English squads head to Russia when the pressure is on, since they always respond so well... oh wait, England isn't playing in Euro 2008?

Unhappy Thanks for hitting on a very sore point

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    oh wait, England isn't playing in Euro 2008?
    That line pains me to no end.
    I can't root for anyone. France?

Perhaps good coaching is in the offing?

UGH!

I can't root for anyone. France?

UGH!
    How about Italia? Especially since my man, del Piero, is being added to the side.