Saw it today. A few things:

1) Those of you who picked it to be in the Top 5...you're out of the running. It's too long, too cerebral, too depressing. Don't get me wrong, I liked it, I really did. But there's no way I would see it again in the theater, and you can't truly make it to the top 5 unless you get great word of mouth or repeat viewers.

2) Denzel is wonderful. Man that guy's a great actor.

3) The movie was good....but I think it could have been great. I thought there was going to be a twist at the end. I was so proud of myself for seeing it. I loved all the biblical references, and signs, and talks, and I TOTALLY had the movie figured out. There were sounds throughout it all that made me think I had figured it all out....instead....nothing.

My thinking was that at the very end, when he finally found redemption...that it would flash back and be the last seconds of the plane crash, only he didn't live (and they were calling him a hero) and on the black box he said "I'm an alcoholic. To my wife and son, forgive me for losing who I was as a person." Maybe it's just me, but I think that would have been the PERFECT ending...only it didn't happen that way.

Still a really good movie, though.