Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Heyward seems like a good guy to me. Very intelligent student (Academic AA) and extremely gracious in defeat in a hard-fought, physical game during which he had to be frustrated at not being able to score. I for one would not have been so magnanimous. If he had been more of a ball hog game and had tried to take over the game completely on the offensive end, I might see a basis for the comments above, but nothing in his play or comments after the game indicates that the remarks above are accurate or appropriate in this case. And, as another poster pointed out, he may yet return to Butler.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRob8801 View Post
    Maybe it's just me...

...but I find Heyward's decision to go to the pros a clear statement of what I was suspicious of throughout the title game. He's a selfish, arrogant player who thinks that the world should revolve around him because it's always done so in the past. All those guys on Butler that had a legitimate shot of making it back to the Final Four WITH Heyward have a significantly harder route now without him.

I'm surprised by Kyles decision to stay...but it sure does say a lot about him and his character.
    I haven't heard a single bad thing about Heyward. From anybody. In terms of his game, the only thing I don't like about him was the officials' treatment of him-he played with abandon, ran into people over and over again, and got the benefit of the whistle (or non-whistle) too much in my opinion.

Heyward probably felt he had nowhere to go but down and made the call to go. Hard to fault him for that. It's a better story if kids stay for us college hoopheads, but kids have to look out for themselves. It's great that Kyle came back, but it doesn't make Heyward a bum for going.

dukemsu
    Last edited by dukemsu; 04-20-2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I always find Kyle's interviews to be unintentionally hilarious. While I don't know him, in interviews he projects that stereotypical West Coast breeziness, a little spacey, soft voice, etc. On TV, and in photos, he's always got that goofy smile that projects the same gentle touch. Then, you watch him play and its hell on earth, balls to the wall, chin first insanity. The contrast is striking, and it always makes me laugh. I look forward to another year of it.
    You summed up how I see his persona beautifully! The vibe he gives off v. how he plays is a striking contrast.