Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Singler on Dan Patrick Show at 11:20

Listen in!

I can't find it on Fios...does Verizon carry that channel?

anyone know how i can listen to this via an iphone? i have aol and yahoo radio apps but can't locate a station, the website uses flash...

http://radiotime.com/program/p_10358...rick_Show.aspx

Kyle's pretty funny - not sure if he's trying to be
    Last edited by should_be_working; 04-20-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Great interview from Kyle. Thanks again for the tip airowe.

"I drive a Nissan Sentra, like a 1998 I think."

"Do you even fit in that?"

"No, no I don't"

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    The best thing I took away from it was that Kyle thinks he is ready for the NBA, but he likes being at Duke too much to give up another year of it. He also wants to be a leader on a talented team. A lot of people on this board throw out those kinds of thoughts just hoping that the players actually feel that way, so its refreshing that we can hear it from Kyle himself. I can't wait to see how the Nolan-Kyle captaincy matches up against the Lance-Jon captaincy.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    I can't find it on Fios...does Verizon carry that channel?
    TV version is on DirecTV's exclusive 101 Network.

Radio version is available most everywhere.
    "Something in my vicinity is Carolina blue and this offends me." - HPR

Fun and short interview. Dan Patrick was really harping on him for staying, playing devil's advocate ("So you don't think you're ready for the NBA?"), but it was all in good fun. Kyle said he had a good view of the final shot when he was on the ground and the pick didn't hurt because he was too focused on the shot, but didn't see the pick coming.

Says Haywood and him have similar games and that Haywood is a great player. Just loves Duke too much and thinks he still has things to prove and accomplish. But still thinks he's ready for the next level right now if he had decided that. Says he has a unique relationship with Coach K and that was obviously instrumental in him staying.

Singler was apparently in his girlfriend's car getting ready for a class in 20 minutes, which is Wolof (a language spoken in Senegal). Patrick tried to get him to say a bunch of things ("I hate North Carolina"), but Kyle just ended with hello and goodbye.

Damn, I missed it.

Anyone know if the interview will be podcast like the Scheyer one from a couple weeks ago? Its not up yet (ok, being a little impatient... )

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/dan...treamingaudio/

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Damn, I missed it.

Anyone know if the interview will be podcast like the Scheyer one from a couple weeks ago? Its not up yet (ok, being a little impatient... )

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/dan...treamingaudio/
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/

just scroll down

Maybe it's just me...

...but I find Heyward's decision to go to the pros a clear statement of what I was suspicious of throughout the title game. He's a selfish, arrogant player who thinks that the world should revolve around him because it's always done so in the past. All those guys on Butler that had a legitimate shot of making it back to the Final Four WITH Heyward have a significantly harder route now without him.

I'm surprised by Kyles decision to stay...but it sure does say a lot about him and his character.

I really liked the part where Kyle talked about the things that he has to work on at the collegiate level and he brought up being a better leader. He's never been the most vocal leader, but we've always seen him lead by example. Obviously, there are not many people out there to learn leadership skills from better than Michael Krzyzewski.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRob8801 View Post
    Maybe it's just me...

...but I find Heyward's decision to go to the pros a clear statement of what I was suspicious of throughout the title game. He's a selfish, arrogant player who thinks that the world should revolve around him because it's always done so in the past. All those guys on Butler that had a legitimate shot of making it back to the Final Four WITH Heyward have a significantly harder route now without him.

I'm surprised by Kyles decision to stay...but it sure does say a lot about him and his character.
    Ummm no. Hayward's decision to go is a rational one...like Singler, his stock is unlikely to rise much more (even if they won the title game maybe), he's a first round lock and that's a guaranteed contract.

Yes Hayward might have felt like he still needed to prove they could be champions (unlike Kyle), but leaving now, allowing him to capitalize on his talents when it might be the best possible time to do so is not Selfish or Arrogant. He owes no duty toward his team...there's a good chance he'd be worse off by staying.

Please don't project attitudes onto other players whom you don't know. It's very offensive and insulting.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

Maybe it's just me...

...but I find Heyward's decision to go to the pros a clear statement of what I was suspicious of throughout the title game. He's a selfish, arrogant player who thinks that the world should revolve around him because it's always done so in the past.
    And here I thought Heyward's decision to go to the pros was a clear statement that he wanted to be paid millions of dollars to play basketball for a living.

Maybe it's just me...

Hayward seems like a great kid to me (great player too). Do you think every kid who goes pro early is selfish and arrogant because they are all making it harder on their team the next year. Also he could still come back to Butler (as far as I know he hasn't signed with an agent) so does that suddently make him unselfish? I doubt anyone on his team would fault him for turning pro when given the chance. These guys all dream of making the NBA and it has to be difficult to turn down the opportunity when presented with it.

I always find Kyle's interviews to be unintentionally hilarious. While I don't know him, in interviews he projects that stereotypical West Coast breeziness, a little spacey, soft voice, etc. On TV, and in photos, he's always got that goofy smile that projects the same gentle touch. Then, you watch him play and its hell on earth, balls to the wall, chin first insanity. The contrast is striking, and it always makes me laugh. I look forward to another year of it.

Wow

Maybe it's just me...

You may be right about Hayward, but I think you're jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, if you don't know Hayward personally, back off. He's a kid trying to do what's right for him, leave him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    Thanks!

I wish Dan had asked him if he thought the pick was illegal

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I always find Kyle's interviews to be unintentionally hilarious. While I don't know him, in interviews he projects that stereotypical West Coast breeziness, a little spacey, soft voice, etc. On TV, and in photos, he's always got that goofy smile that projects the same gentle touch. Then, you watch him play and its hell on earth, balls to the wall, chin first insanity. The contrast is striking, and it always makes me laugh. I look forward to another year of it.
    Yeah, surfer dude.

Laid back, but not afraid of the big sets. And don't cut him off.