Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    How much of an impact does Gerald Henderson...rotting at the end of an NBA bench play a role in Kyle's decision to return?

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    And IC is celebrating with one of the most classless threads I've ever seen. Don't think I've ever openly hoped for career failure or injury of a Carolina player, nor have I seen that on DBR, but it's nice for IC to confirm everything we all think about the louts over there.
    One IC poster has figured out the bright side in this development for Carolina

"I guess this will give us the chance to see if they were for real this year. A lot of us felt that they got very lucky this year."

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=78&f=1410&t=5866512

Obviously glad to see Mr. Singler returning and pleased that many posters on DBR for the last several weeks have acknowledged there were good arguments in support of leaving as well as staying while wishing Kyle the best no matter which path he took

Quote Originally Posted by Tsetse0510 View Post
    How much of an impact does Gerald Henderson...rotting at the end of an NBA bench play a role in Kyle's decision to return?
    I saw somewhere - it HAD to be on DBR - that G was telling "someone" on the current roster how much he wished he had stayed in school. Anyone remember this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    I'd love to spend the first weekend in April of 2011 in Houston. Or better yet, let's call it Houstonapolis...
    I second that motion!

I don't care to go back to San Antonio for any basketball games, thanks just the same. But I'd love to spend the first weekend in April of 2011 in Houston. Or better yet, let's call it Houstonapolis...
    When I heard the good news I told my husband to quick call work and schedule vacation for next April. He missed the final 4 this year, but not next year. Go Duke. Thanks again Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    One IC poster has figured out the bright side in this development for Carolina

"I guess this will give us the chance to see if they were for real this year. A lot of us felt that they got very lucky this year."
    What an ignorant comment. You'd think even a Carolina guy would recognize that losing 3/5 of the starters makes for a different team. I'll be shocked if Duke plays the same style next year.

Woo-Hoo!! So glad to have Kyle back for one more year!!

NOW we can justifiably claim to be the favorite in the ACC, and a legit preseason top 5 team nationally.

Kyle performed with all his sophomore and junior teammates at the 1st edition of "Duke Idol" last night in Cameron, a fundraiser for the Duke Children's Hospital. What an entertaining evening for an incredible cause.

The Duke women's Track & Field team were the big winners! There were many great Duke student and student-athlete performances. Coach Cut played the Simon Cowell role and gave no quarter. I love him. Fun night.

Kyle (at the mike) and Nolan (at the mike & dance) headlined their basketball/dance-off performance...great stuff. At the end, Kyle was coaxed by the crowd to shoot (thinking...last shots in Cameron?). He barely missed two from half-court, showed a big smile and shrugged. Immediately, Dre launches one from the elevated dance stage, 40 feet away, and drains it. The place erupts as Dre holds both hands aloft. Pretty cool evening. Kyle and every teammate looked very happy to be a student-athlete at Duke last night.

Welcome back, Kyle!

Wink What about Zoubek

Any chance he won't declare for the draft and come back for another year? It sure would be great to see him play one more year.

Outstanding

I always figured that there was a much better chance of Kyle returning than Gerald, and I am glad that it has worked out that way.

I think he's going to have a senior year that he will remember the rest of his life, so I am very glad for him and for Duke basketball.

I just hope that we don't have any potential recruits expecting to wear #12...

I don't care to go back to San Antonio for any basketball games, thanks just the same. But I'd love to spend the first weekend in April of 2011 in Houston. Or better yet, let's call it Houstonapolis...
    I'm with you on this point. The big game's going to be in Houston. Ken Dennard will oversee the local arrangements.

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    I always figured that there was a much better chance of Kyle returning than Gerald, and I am glad that it has worked out that way.

I think he's going to have a senior year that he will remember the rest of his life, so I am very glad for him and for Duke basketball.

I just hope that we don't have any potential recruits expecting to wear #12...
    Any idea what number Kyrie is going to wear? Just wanting to put together my list now that I know who's going to be playing!
    Thank you Kyle! You made my night... my week... my off season!

Quote Originally Posted by basket1544 View Post
    Any idea what number Kyrie is going to wear? Just wanting to put together my list now that I know who's going to be playing!
    #1. First player under K to wear that I believe.

#1 will be Kyrie

I was ECSTATIC when I heard this news! I think we have a great chance to have a truly amazing team next year.

Having said all that, it is WAY premature to start even thinking of Houston. Everyone knows that anything can happen in a season (and especially in a tournament). I just hope that Kyle and the rest of the team stay healthy and able to compete to the best of their abilities.

Kyrie's #

I think that I read that he will wear 1, which is quite a development, since I have also heard that K didn't allow that up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleDevil View Post
    #1 will be Kyrie
    Yeah Kyrie will be wearing #1 and I'm not sure why Kyle would wear anything other than #12.

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    Wow, this is COMPLETELY AWESOME. I can't wait for next year, can I just sleep or be frozen until then?
    LMAO! I love this line. Kinda feeling this way too, but I also want to enjoy this euphoria through the whole offseason, and the offseason mags, and the offseason predictions.

Kyle...I can't believe you did it. Thanks for one more year!!!

Sorry I misread and thought you asked about Kyle's number. Disregard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Kyle loves Duke, his coaches and his teammates a whole helluva lot.
    There is one moment in the UNC game at Cameron that shows it. Watch the replays of the last two points in the game, when Nolan throws an oop to Plumlee. You will see that Kyle throws his arms out, his head back and is in basketball bliss. It just looks like pure unadulterated joy and excitement at being there and on the floor with teammates performing at such a high level. It is one of my favorite images of last season.