Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Kyle's Press Conference

According to GoDuke.com:

Singler and head coach Mike Krzyzewski will address the media on Tuesday, April 20 in the media room of Cameron Indoor Stadium. The press conference will begin at 10:30 a.m. eastern and will be streamed live exclusively on GoDuke.com.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I apologize if I missed this (I really try to read "everything")... but did G actually help convince Kyle? Did he talk with Kyle? or is it just what "appears" to have happened with G?
    Several reliable sources - one of which, I believe, was airowe of this board - have confirmed this, actually. Pretty nice to hear, huh?

Even though he made his decision and is in a very blessed position in life, I can't help but feel a little bad for G. You get the feeling that he did the rational thing instead of doing what he really wanted to do, and he may regret it for a long time given how things turned out. Great kid either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Several reliable sources - one of which, I believe, was airowe of this board - have confirmed this, actually. Pretty nice to hear, huh?

Even though he made his decision and is in a very blessed position in life, I can't help but feel a little bad for G. You get the feeling that he did the rational thing instead of doing what he really wanted to do, and he may regret it for a long time given how things turned out. Great kid either way.
    That is a very cool story but even if G is feeling bad, his situation was a little different from Kyle's. Hendo was basically assured of being a lotto pick (ended up going 12th to the Bobcats) whereas Kyle was thought to be a late 1st round and possibly an early second round pick.

Also, if G would have come out in this draft after his senior year, with the incredible flood of people declaring early, there is a very good chance that he would not have been a lottery pick. I'm sure he wishes he could have been a part of the ship but his 2 mil a year salary is surely a comfort.

wow

Someone linked to "Inside Carolina" and I made the mistake of reading the responses to this news. It would be funny if it weren't so sad...the amount of delusion and frothy hatred going on over there. The most common themes:
    Singler's appearance...really white, kinda goofy. So what. Duke didn't earn this year's title because...they didn't have to play teams that lost to other teams with really low seeds. And, Coach K will somehow be responsible if Singler gets hurt this year. People basically rooting for Singler to get hurt so they can feel smart about saying how stupid a decision this was. People saying that Zeller, Henson, and the Wears are clearly better than Singler, Plumlees, Hairston, Kelly. Bold smack talk for a near miss on the NIT championship. People, only now, saying how awesomely fantastic Scheyer was and the fact that he's now gone means that Duke can't possibly win...especially with a freshman like kyrie irving. Ha.
    Ugh. I guess that's part of the "charm" of the rivalry.
    I think Duke has a clear edge over Carolina next year. Hoping to complete a sweep. However, I don't think anything, literally anything in the world other than some Duke player going to the NBA and outshining Michael Jordan's legacy, would make the fans on that board acknowledge anything positive about Duke's program, ever. and even if that did happen, that player would've probably gotten all the calls.
    I guess I don't get it. I don't hate anything so much as to be completely blind. I hope Singler drops 30 on carolina every time next season though. I might stop back on the Inside Carolina forum to see what people say. Probably nothing intelligent.

I'm soooo excited to have Kyle coming back. His leadership, experience, and toughness are irreplacable.

There must be so many disappointed fans across the country right now. "Those damn devils. I hate them. This isn't fair! They need to give someone else a chance". Boo Hoo

He locked up on Butler and Heyward and did well on LaceDarius.

HB will get the same treatment twice next year!

Words can't describe how I feel.

Thank you, Kyle, for "being you."

Regardless of whether we win it all or not next season, it is going to be one hell of a ride.

An acquaintance of mine saw me walking today in my Duke "Let it Reign" shirt and my white Duke game shorts that won us the national championship by being worn from the ACC tourney on, and started to talk about the game a little bit. He said, "You know, I haven't minded watching Duke the past few years, until they beat Butler and won another national championship. Now I hate them."

When I told him I was there to see Hayward's shot fall off the rim and K claim his fourth prize, he said, "F---- Duke," with a laugh (although, I think he was more than serious).

This is Duke. Hated, but never ignored.

God I love this team.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    And IC is celebrating with one of the most classless threads I've ever seen. Don't think I've ever openly hoped for career failure or injury of a Carolina player, nor have I seen that on DBR, but it's nice for IC to confirm everything we all think about the louts over there.
    OMG!!! I would have bet the farm he was declaring.

And, honestly, what better cherry to put on top of this incredible Singlar sundae than witnessing another IC meltdown!!

I mean, think about it. We get a new Laettner in Kyle and a new Grant in Nolan. Meanwhile, the poo-blue faithful get to watch Ed Davis pack his bags and LD II unpack his. Given all that, a few swan dives off the Dean Dome is to be expected.

Wow! Who would have thought that DBAP was actually the Field of Dreams? ("Is this Heaven?" "No. It's Cameron Indoor Stadium." "Funny ... I could have sworn it was Heaven." "Is there a Heaven?" "Oh, yeah! It's the place Back-to-Back championships come true!")

Kyle ... I was behind you regardless of what you decided ... But, DUDE!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ElSid View Post
    People basically rooting for Singler to get hurt so they can feel smart about saying how stupid a decision this was.
    same thing from all the UK fans that I live amongst . . they are all like, I hope he tears his ACL . . . I can't believe people would actually wish that on anybody. Duke hate is really something else

Thank you Kyle! Wow, what a good problem K's gonna have next year, trying to spread the minutes among all the talent. Is there any news on Carrick Felix? That could REALLY make his job hard, in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by Relics View Post
    Bliss.
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!
    Thanks!

Kyle is a student athlete at Duke. I remember when leaving school early, wasn't an option. Everyone graduated. Great decision Kyle. You are what a Duke Student Athlete is all about!!!! Go Duke!! Go Kyle!!!

Overall, this is WONDERFUL news for Duke, for Kyle, and for intercollegiate basketball. I am thrilled, and I applaud his decision for reasons the extend beyond hoops (for example: Kyle Singler, BA, Duke University, Class of 2011).

What great news to wake up to! I was prepared to be totally thankful for three years of Kyle in a Duke uniform, then following his pro career. Having four years of this WARRIOR in CIS is truly wonderful!

GTHC!

Just glanced at IC this morning. Tons of laughs

All proclaim that Barnes is going to tear up Singler and that will cause Singler to regret his decision.

Silly Tar Heels.

Quote Originally Posted by jdj4duke View Post
    There is one moment in the UNC game at Cameron that shows it. Watch the replays of the last two points in the game, when Nolan throws an oop to Plumlee. You will see that Kyle throws his arms out, his head back and is in basketball bliss. It just looks like pure unadulterated joy and excitement at being there and on the floor with teammates performing at such a high level. It is one of my favorite images of last season.
    Yes, this was just so awesome.

i am glad that Kyle is back, and i feel pretty good that he and his family made the right decision for the right reasons...

welcome back mister singler !! we're all looking forward to an exciting year ! (again!)

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Thumbs up Singler

Great news! Kyle has probably been my favorite player to watch at Duke. He plays the game how I always wanted to play. High basketball IQ, skilled, versatile, and with an old school edge. I love that all the new guys will get exposed to his warrior mentality.

I am happy that Kyle will be back. I like his even demeanor on the court - never too high, never too low. That calmness is a strong attribute of leadership. He accepts events and moves on to continue to play the game, not dwell on what might have been. That rubs off on teammates and makes the team better. He is a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    This is wonderful news and I am glad Kyle appreciates that a senior season is something to cherish and look forward to.

By the way does this count as a recruiting victory?
    way better than a recruiting victory - a FF MOP is worth more than any recruit not named LeBron