Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Singler to Return according to Jeff Goodman

Hm. Would love a confirmation. Not getting too excited until then.

good news, if it's true

Ugh

I wish people wouldn't leak this. (Not saying who the sources are, of course, because I don't know.) But let Kyle make the announcement.

Maybe those with a better understanding of the situation could chime in here. I know Goodman has got to be a pretty damn reliable source, but nothing is sure until Kyle announces. Anybody care to give a ballpark estimate on the odds that Goodman is wrong?

Goodman is one of the most reliable guys covering college sports so this is very interesting. I will be very excited to see Kyle, Nolan, and the rest of the guys back for next year along with some very exciting new faces like Seth and Kyrie.

Obviously we will have three very important players to replace, but I am very excited about the upcoming season.

Wow, I hope this is true.

Am I the only one who wants Singler to head to the draft? He is well prepared and has won us a chip.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanAssassin View Post
    Am I the only one who wants Singler to head to the draft? He is well prepared and has won us a chip.
    In a word, YES!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Certainly wouldn't protest if Kyle were to go pro; as you say, he's done a great job and was a key player in a championship. But if he chooses to return, that's fine, too!

So long as he has given this considerable thought and gotten input from Coach K, his family, and pro sources, I can't see how he makes a mistake with either choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    Maybe those with a better understanding of the situation could chime in here. I know Goodman has got to be a pretty damn reliable source, but nothing is sure until Kyle announces. Anybody care to give a ballpark estimate on the odds that Goodman is wrong?
    Goodman has been correct on every early entry so far. He doesn't usually go with the story unless he is sure. I'd say 95% chance he is right.

I can't say that I am sure of either thing, but if this is true, I celebrate tonight and hope with every fiber of my being that he doesn't get hurt. He deserves all the success in the world. He will make our team special next year because of the toughness he always brings and I look forward to seeing him in Cameron for another season. Be sure to note that I secretly hoped he would come back out of selfish reasons, while never believing he would for the letdown that would surely follow if he didn't.
    Last edited by Gthoma2a; 04-19-2010 at 08:19 PM. Reason: didn't sound like I wanted Singler back as much as I did.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-...or-senior-year

Sporting News (admittedly citing Goodman) has gone with this, too!

Did goodman have he who shall not be named coming to Duke? Thought he did.

Christmas in April! Again!

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    In a word, YES!
    you nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    In a word, YES!
    Quote Originally Posted by amat1129 View Post
    you nailed it.
    I usually do!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Good or bad, things happen for a reason. He has to make the best decision for himself, and no one else; you, me or otherwise.

If he goes pro we should all be thankful he graced Duke.

If he stays we should feel blessed he is considering gracing Duke for another year.

Besides that, good or bad, things happen for a reason.

I think i speak for most when i say. I am a Duke fan first. Kyle Singler fan second. And not a fan at all of the nba. So yes i hope he comes back. but if he decides to go them i am happy for him.

Singler back according to GoDuke.com