Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by coldriver10 View Post
    I've heard this a lot. Am I the only girl that thinks Singler's actually kinda cute?

Well, besides his girlfriend, who I'm guessing finds him attractive.
    i don't think he's any weirder looking than a lot of people in college basketball...which is kind of a backhanded compliment, i guess. something about the chemistry of growing that tall makes weird things happen to a lot of guys' faces. enough sweeping generalizations.

i wasn't personally commenting on his appearance as much as stating that it's a rich topic for "comedy" on the carolina message board. really childish stuff. really really want singler to dominate carolina next year.

Quote Originally Posted by coldriver10 View Post
    I've heard this a lot. Am I the only girl that thinks Singler's actually kinda cute?

Well, besides his girlfriend, who I'm guessing finds him attractive.

My wife thinks Kyle is very cute and is delighted he is coming back. And my 18 year old daughter thinks Jon Scheyer is "freakin' hot".

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    I'm not sure why you would say this. I'm all for being realistic but there is no reason not to think that we have a good chance to repeat.
    I say that because the odds are the odds. I'm responding to posts that seem to think Singler's return makes another championship certain. It does not. Duke will not have a better than 50% chance of winning it all.

Scheyer will be hard to replace, and I think people underestimate the impact on defense Thomas's departure will have. Next year's team has a lot of question marks. True, there will be a lot of individual talent and people at each position. But to act like we are now favored over the field is naive. Just ask a Kentucky fan. Or a Duke fan from 1999. or 2004. Do you remember how excited people were that Shelden and JJ were returning? This year was refreshing because so many more fans were enjoying the ride instead of holding the team to unreasonable expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by jdj4duke View Post
    My wife thinks Kyle is very cute and is delighted he is coming back. And my 18 year old daughter thinks Jon Scheyer is "freakin' hot".
    my wife drops everything to watch when JJ Redick is in the game....

Snyder, Texas (Located between Lubbock and Abilene)
    This has had a smile on face all day. This was one of the main reasons I went from liking Duke as little kid to loving them as I was growing up. I know we have had our share of William Avery's, Josh McRoberts, and Corey Maggette's, but to me this is big part of what Duke basketball is all about. We have student athletes, not a bunch of one and done guys looking to jump as soon as they can. A big reason I fell in love with Duke basketball was getting to watch Danny Ferry, Christian Laettner, Grant Hill, Bobby Hurley play for four years. That is just naming a few. I cannot wait for next year. Kyle lets do it again baby.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonPessah View Post
    Thought you all might enjoy reading an email from one of your fellow Duke fans in China, who talks about Kyle Singler and watching Duke win the title at a coffee house in Beijing with Duke friends and amused Chinese observers. http://trueslant.com/jonpessah/2010/04/20/view-from-beijing-dukes-title-was-huge-in-any-language/[/URL]
    Welcome back Jon. So the game has passed coach K by. How is that prediction working out for you? Did you enjoy that big plate of crow? Did you enjoy rooting for West Virginia?

Regarding your other bold prediction that coach K leaves before the the tip off in London in 2012, care to take a bet? Name the amount and send me a private message.
    Last edited by 77devil; 04-20-2010 at 07:37 PM.

I've always said that the intangible factor in the decision to go early or stay is how much a top-talent player enjoys and values his college experience. I'm glad Kyle doesn't want to leave, both for my own sake in watching him play and for him so he can prolong the experience. I'm especially impressed that he's staying despite his already having reached the pinnacle of achievement in college basketball.

Agree

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    I say that because the odds are the odds. I'm responding to posts that seem to think Singler's return makes another championship certain. It does not. Duke will not have a better than 50% chance of winning it all.

Scheyer will be hard to replace, and I think people underestimate the impact on defense Thomas's departure will have. Next year's team has a lot of question marks. True, there will be a lot of individual talent and people at each position. But to act like we are now favored over the field is naive. Just ask a Kentucky fan. Or a Duke fan from 1999. or 2004. Do you remember how excited people were that Shelden and JJ were returning? This year was refreshing because so many more fans were enjoying the ride instead of holding the team to unreasonable expectations.
    Duke won this year not because they had the best players but because they had the players that played best as a team. That may or may not be the case next year.

On paper, Duke looks loaded and it looks like there is more talent for next year than there was for this year. Kyle's return certainly gives Duke a better chance to repeat than if he did not return but it guarantees nothing.

UK may have had the best players but they were far from the best team. But then Calipari is no K.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Devil View Post
    Duke won this year not because they had the best players but because they had the players that played best as a team. That may or may not be the case next year.
    On paper, Duke looks loaded and it looks like there is more talent for next year than there was for this year. Kyle's return certainly gives Duke a better chance to repeat than if he did not return but it guarantees nothing.

UK may have had the best players but they were far from the best team. But then Calipari is no K.
    The great thing is that with Coach K we don't have to worry about effort from our guys. We will also NEVER get out-coached, especially coming out of half-time.

There is no doubt we have questions about where people will play, what our style of play will be, and how everything will be run but we know one thing: We have the best Coach in America.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    my wife drops everything to watch when JJ Redick is in the game....
    Yeah, that is pretty much the only time there is the slightest chance that my wife will pay attention to an NBA game.
    "Just be you. You is Enough."

Coach K passing The General

Is it possible that Singler wanted to be part of Coach K passing the General in total wins? How many wins does K need to pass the General?

Quote Originally Posted by banneheim View Post
    Is it possible that Singler wanted to be part of Coach K passing the General in total wins? How many wins does K need to pass the General?
    I had the same thought. He needs 35 wins - a tall order but one that our greatest teams have achieved..

Quote Originally Posted by jdj4duke View Post
    Ah, my dilemma this year was who was going to be "my boy" on the team: Kyle or Jon? My best friend decided it should be Jon, so it stuck. Now Kyle can be my boy next year.
    Is it wrong for a married mother to think these things? HAHA! (And I'm not ancient...)

I think I'd get along well with your wife and daughter, jdj4...

And moonpie, JJ Redick joins my LONG list of Duke men I've wanted to marry.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGirl4ever View Post
    Ah, my dilemma this year was who was going to be "my boy" on the team: Kyle or Jon? My best friend decided it should be Jon, so it stuck. Now Kyle can be my boy next year.
    Is it wrong for a married mother to think these things? HAHA! (And I'm not ancient...)

I think I'd get along well with your wife and daughter, jdj4...

And moonpie, JJ Redick joins my LONG list of Duke men I've wanted to marry.
    Scheyer's been a favorite of many of my friends, and I do think he's cute and shy (which is also cute). I love Lance's personality, and he's pretty attractive, too. JJ is hot but not my type.

My boy for next year? I'll probably go with Singler or Seth Curry.

Singler happy with decision

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Thanks for this as the NBA Draft begins!

Bottom line: Kyle LOVES Duke.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Verga3 View Post
    Thanks for this as the NBA Draft begins!

Bottom line: Kyle LOVES Duke.
    Kyle is a 'throw-back" kid and I for one am glad of it. I am sure if you ask any former 4 year kid, he would tell you those 4 years go by in the blink of an eye and one should cherish every minute of it.

There was a time when kids wanted to leave a legacy in college before moving on to the next phase in life. In this day and age we live in, that has been pushed out of their minds with everybody in the kid's ear telling them to get to the NBA as fast as humanly possible and make those millions son!

Like Tim Duncan, Shane Battier, and many more, Kyle will one day look back (while counting his many millions in the bank) and will cherish those college days and be glad he made the decision to stay and enjoy all the rewards that came with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Like...Shane Battier, and many more, Kyle will one day look back (while counting his many millions in the bank) and will cherish those college days and be glad he made the decision to stay and enjoy all the rewards that came with it.
    Singler for VP on the Deep Blue ticket.