Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    sweet.

Kyle Singler may end up being my most favorite Duke player ever. I love that he is back. He will definitely be a finalist for National Player of the Year. Kyle gives us a ligit shot to repeat as Champions. Kyle will have his number retired before he is done at Duke!! He also will shut down HB down the street.

Where does he play next year? Small Forward or Power Forward....guess it does not matter since we will be so deep next season.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalBlue08 View Post
    Preseason #1. Dozens of threads suggesting player X, Y, and Z should be receiving more minutes. And a chance to do something really special. Oh how I wish we could start the season tomorrow!
    Actually, this will be one of the most content "off-seasons" in many years so cherish the next few months. I can recommend several DVDs to view while we are waiting for next fall.

Happiest day since the championship

Thumbs up

Great news to hear tonight. I sense greater things to come now from the oncoming season than I already thought would happen.

WOOO HOOO!!!!!

Awesome, awesome! Holy cow, we are going to be SO damn complete next year... most dangerous team since 01 for SURE.

"I love being here at Duke and am excited about next year. I had two great options in front of me, but I did not want to miss out on all of the great things to come in a senior season."

- Kyle Singler

Kyle loves Duke, his coaches and his teammates a whole helluva lot. That, among other reasons, is primarily why he's coming back to school.

When he arrived at Duke as a pre-frosh, K told him that if he worked hard, he could be one of the great ones.

He's well on his way.

Since it has been confirmed, I hope he'll become one of Duke's greatest and have his jersey retired when he graduates.

Does he have a chance at the all-time ACC scoring record? Too lazy to look it up and do the math.

Can't wait to hear Coach K say, "We aren't defending anything."

Screamed so loud when I saw the bottom line scroll that my wife dropped a glass of water.

Its a good time to be a Duke fan!

Grab your bags, IT'S ON!

Thank you Kyle

Awesome can't wait until next season.

The ACC tourney MVP and Final Four MOP is coming back. How many times can you say that? Wow!

The best part is, he wont have to play center or 37 minutes a night. It's going to be a breeeeeeeze!

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    Does he have a chance at the all-time ACC scoring record? Too lazy to look it up and do the math.

No. He would have to score more than 1000 points.

But wow, I am so pumped for next season. I can't wait to see what they are saying over at IC.

Quote Originally Posted by mehmattski View Post
    Was kind of hoping for some kind of "defending champs" quote from Kyle, but whatever.

So Kyle needs to average at least 10 points per game in 25 games to crack 2,000 points
    He wants his jersey up there in the rafters! If he averages 20 points through a 35 game season he will pass Christian Laettner as the #3 alltime scorer for DUke and be the #7 in ACC history. It will be hard to average 20 points because of all our shooters, but if we play uptempo its certainly doable. But hopefully we will be playing 40 games like this year, and he will only have to average 17!
    Last edited by theAlaskanBear; 04-19-2010 at 09:03 PM. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post

Not really. He's at 1767 points now.

Here are the all-time top 10 ACC scorers

1. Tyler Hansbrough, North Carolina 2872

2. J. J. Redick, Duke 2769

3. Dickie Hemric, Wake Forest 2587

4. Johnny Dawkins, Duke 2556

5. Rodney Monroe, N. C. State 2551

6. Bryant Stith, Virginia 2516

7. Christian Laettner, Duke 2460

8. Mike Gminski, Duke 2323

9. Jeff Lamp, Virginia 2317

10. David Thompson, N. C. State 2309

He certainly can get on this list, and maybe pass a few.

Anyone know any good hotels in San Antonio?

Quote Originally Posted by YourLandlord View Post
    Anyone know any good hotels in San Antonio?
    Knock on wood, daggum it!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Dang this it awesome! Tomorrow is my birthday and I don't even want anything else. This is the best bday gift I could have gotten! (Sad, I know)

Wow. Last fall after watching a few episodes of the new show "Flash Forward", I put a silly post in one of the threads about "in my flash forward" it was April 29th, I was watching ESPN and Kyle Singler was announcing that he was coming back for his Senior Year for a chance to win back to back National Titles...

Little did I know huh?

What were the chances last fall that Duke would win the National Title AND Singler would come back???

Way to go Kyle! I cannot wait to see you get even better next year!!!!!

Wow Singler is set to add to his legendary status. This is awesome. I'm sure Jumbo will start a stat thread for Kyle soon