Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
1. Black on sports uniforms is terrible, making your silly little interloping team manifestly inferior to mine.
2. The '69 mutts were a fraud. The Cubs choked.
3. Ditto the '86 mutts, except that time, the red sux choked.
4. Your stadium is smack in the middle of the flight pattern for JFK airport (like Shea, a dump). Pathetic.
5. Your stadium is located in a place called "Flushing." The jokes there are so obvious, I won't even bother to make them.
6. Your first base coach, Rickey Henderson, somehow managed to return to your pitiful little team after departing ignominiously as a player because he sat in the clubhouse playing cards as your pitcher walked in the winning run during the NLCS (I was there; it was glorious). This is doubly pitiful .
7. Your first base coach also doesn't know what a first-person pronoun is.
8. Your silly mascot has cranial elephantiasis.
9. Pedro still has a Jheri curl.
may i offer a rebuttal:

1)black is terrible i agree (www.ditchtheblack.com), but honestly, this coming from a team with those HIDEOUS red tops?
2) the 69 mets totaly owned
3) the 86 mets were the best team in the HISTORY of drunk messes
4) its actually laguardia, not jfk. and the airport is fined for every plane that flies over
5) flushing meadows is one of the most culturally diverse neighborhoods in queens, but whats more is that Shea is actually in Corona. make that dirty, i dare you.
6/7) rickey henderson is the best player of his generation and any of his excentricities or rhetorical devices provide more entertainment and are far less offensive then those of that racist John Rocker
8) our mascot is silly indeed, but he doesnt offend an entire race of people
9) pedro is still cooler than anyone who has ever played for the braves. and you will all become witness to that this afternoon when he punishes the reds in his dramatic return.

that is all. GO METS