NBA Playoffs Thread

Anybody watchin' the games today?

The Bucks are getting absolutely worked by the Hawks right now, 32-12. The is the most athletically mismatched I can remember to professional sports team looking in quite some time.

To the Hawks credit, they have quite a collection of athletes... Smith, Horford, Williams, Johnson, Crawford, and of course, "Mr. Playoffs" himself, Mike Bibby. Props to whoever the Hawks GM is, as his master plan appears to be finally materializing this year. They could make some noise if they can steal a couple road games in the later rounds.

ETA: Milwaukee scrapping their way back into it a little bit... this kind of reminds me of Cornell-Kentucky, or some other mid-major vs. high-major NCAA matchup.

The Bucks could really use Andrew Bogut right now. They're getting absolutely worked on the glass and are settling for too many jumpers. Had he been healthy for the last few games of the regular season, we'd be looking at a Celtics-Bucks matchup which would have been a much more favorable matchup for Milwaukee.

Celtics down to the HEat 44-41 at the Half.. They look really old right now.. No real spunk to them..

the cavs were ripping the bulls as well, but the bulls chipped away and brought it back close..

lebron was focused

If KG isn't suspended for Game 2, something's wrong.

Boozer and the Jazz played a tight game for three quarters before the Nuggets (Carmelo and JR Smith specifically) caught fire. Despite the sprained oblique muscle, CBooz played a good game, with 17 points and 8 rebounds. Unfortunately for the Jazz, Okur was injured early in the first half, and with Kirilenko already out, it's going to be tough for the Jazz to win this series, especially when they have no one else who can effectively guard Carmelo (who scored 42 today).

Also, Ty Lawson played one of his better games in the latter half of the season, putting up 11 pts and 6 assists I believe. As fast as he was in college though, he's taken it to a new level in NBA. This guy is an absolute blur.

Quote Originally Posted by muzikfrk75 View Post
    If KG isn't suspended for Game 2, something's wrong.
    Yeah, that was a pretty blatant swing of the elbow at Richardson's face. I think it would be hard to argue that there wasn't intent there.

It's amazing how unlikeable Garnett has become since joining the Celtics. When he was the plucky underdog with the T-Wolves, his intensity schtick came off as competitive and admirable. Now, he just comes off as a whiny bully.

Redick has a three at half. 1-1

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    Redick has a three at half. 1-1
    JJ looks really good.

Quote Originally Posted by muzikfrk75 View Post
    I am amused by Garnett's quote about Richardson:

"Asked for a response to Richardson's comments, Garnett wouldn't bite.

'No thoughts at all,' said Garnett. 'Classless -- a classless act on his part. I'm moving on with it. I'm not going to go back and forth commenting through [the media]. End this.'"

So you don't want to comment back and forth through the media, but you are going to comment on the classnessness of whatever Richardson did. Good stuff.

Richardson may have done something classless as well (I certainly don't doubt it). But it seems like throwing an elbow is pretty classless too.

In what appears to be a growing trend in first round games so far, teams with huge leads in the first half have been releasing the foot off the gas pedal for the rest of the game. Fortunately for the Magic, Redick was huge in the 4th quarter (especially with Carter having his worst game since early January) getting 7 points including a personal 5-0 run in the middle when the game was getting tight.

Also of note, Dwight Howard had 7 (that's right, 7) blocks in the first QUARTER. He added another one immediately at the beginning of the second, and ended with 9. Despite being in foul trouble and putting up only 5 points and 7 rebounds, Dwight is just a beast on defense.

Richardson came over right in front of the Celtics bench where Paul Pierce was lying injured and started mouthing off (supposedly complaining how Pierce always fakes injury). I am not defending KG's actions, but when a member of my team is lying on the floor I don't want a member of the other team near them unless they are offering assistance. Richardson was asking for trouble. A veteran like KG should have known better than to take his bait however.

JJ

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    JJ looks really good.
    JJ with 10 in 19 > Vince with 12 in 30.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."