Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

MBB Basketball Schedule speculation 2010-11

Does anyone know when next year's basketball schedule will be released ?

I think that Duke will be playing in some early tournament but I am not sure where and against whom.

Lastly, will they be playing in NYC next year ?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Does anyone know when next year's basketball schedule will be released ?

I think that Duke will be playing in some early tournament but I am not sure where and against whom.

Lastly, will they be playing in NYC next year ?

Thank you.
    Third Friday in August (or thereabouts). We play in the CBE Classic in the pre-season; the four main schools are Duke, Gonzaga, Marquette, and Kansas State.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

NYC Game

I read somewhere recently (ESPN?) that Duke has a game scheduled in the Meadowlands in late Dec. or early Jan. but the opponent isn't selected yet (Butler was mentioned as a possibility).

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    Lastly, will they be playing in NYC next year?
    As you are aware, Duke traditionally plays a nationally televised New York City game (Meadowlands or MSG) against a substantial opponent during late-December (immediately prior to the Christmas holidays). I would be astonished if we did not do so again in 2010, since the game -- win or lose -- provides a real test for the team before the ACC season commences and because we have such a strong alumni/fan base in the metropolitan area.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I read somewhere recently (ESPN?) that Duke has a game scheduled in the Meadowlands in late Dec. or early Jan. but the opponent isn't selected yet (Butler was mentioned as a possibility).
    That would be unbelievably awesome...for both teams. I know this is a definitely-maybe-possibly kind of thing, but it's a really exciting possibility.

As for the CBE classic, that's going to be a nice early season test for us. Especially if Kyle goes, we're going to be a young team. Good to see some tough competition like that early on.

Not a schedule, but here's a list of all ACC teams' conference opponents for '10-'11:

http://www.theacc.com/auto_pdf/p_hot...el-three-years

I can't wait to curb stomp Steve Lavin's St. John's team and show him what an easy bracket looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    I can't wait to curb stomp Steve Lavin's St. John's team and show him what an easy bracket looks like.
    I think the St. John's series ended this season. We could always renew, but I think there's a mutual desire to look for new opponents.

Meadowlands isn't NYC...it isn't even New York. but w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by WordLife565 View Post
    And yet multiple New York teams call it their home...

Well, You can see the NYC skyline from there.

Now, culturally NJ is a different world , but it is the NYC metro area

Similar question... what are the chances we play Miami in miami next year? I'm enrolling at the 'U' in the fall and would love to be the only blue shirt in the student section.

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk15 View Post
    Similar question... what are the chances we play Miami in miami next year? I'm enrolling at the 'U' in the fall and would love to be the only blue shirt in the student section.
    We play in Miami. See the link to the ACC schedule a few posts up. Miami, NC State, and UVA are our home-and-home partners next year (in addition to the standard UNC-UMD pair).

It's like the 6th borough

Quote Originally Posted by iDunk15 View Post
    There were like 3 of us this year...it was a rough first half, students/fans at the U are pretty spectacularly classless and awful, and I got spit on in my JJ jersey...

But I'm graduating, so you better carry on the tradition my friend.

Thanks for the geography lesson (I realize it has been a long time since I was born in New York City); I suspect I was confused because the New York Giants play there.

Dear Coach Krzyzweski-

Please schedule Kyle Singler a homecoming game in Oregon next season. It could be at the Rose Garden, one of the more historic NBA venues still open today. Or you could even do a favor to the folks at Nike, who I'm sure would like nothing more than a marquee matchup with Duke to open their new arena on the Ducks' campus, and play a true road game at Oregon. Either way, just know that there are Duke fans (like me!) in the Pacific Northwest who would love to see the team play in person again.

Sincerely,
    pfrduke

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Even though we might not play St. John's, well said my friend...well said.

Dev11 is offline Commissioner of Statistics, DBR Podcast
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Or you could even do a favor to the folks at Nike, who I'm sure would like nothing more than a marquee matchup with Duke to open their new arena on the Ducks' campus, and play a true road game at Oregon.
    Playing against his brother EJ? The commentators would have a field day, and the Nike execs might explode with delight with two of their favorite programs facing off. I like it.

I'm sure there will be a West Coast trip on the schedule, per custom K's "senior game." Jon (Chicago), Lance and Brian (NJ by way of MSG) had theirs and Kyle will have his. I'd be completely shocked to not see a Pacific Northwest game on our schedule next season, especially considering what Kyle has meant to this program and his faithful decision to come back.

I imagine Gonzaga (who returns pretty much everything except Boudin) in Seattle is a possibility, or perhaps even Oregon in the Rose Garden as another poster mentioned. What is the outlook for Lorenzo Romar's club at Washington next season?

Of the traditional West Coast powers near Portland (well, as close as you can get), I'd remove Stanford (for obvious reasons) and UCLA (for being worse than North Carolina's NIT team) off the list. I'd say Gonzaga is the most likely opponent for us next season, also returning our favor to them for the '06 and '09 December games in NYC.