Page 8 of 179 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    Muhammad is better than Elliot Williams in my opinion, and the poster who said he is not as athletic probably has never seen Muhammad play. The kid is an athletic freak with a very skilled game.

He has indeed been offered by Duke and some are even claiming Duke to be the favorite. I have no idea where he ends up, but Coach K wants this kid bad and if I had to guess, he will probably end up ranked in the top 3-5 overall in his class when it's all said and done (behind Andre Drummond). Very impressive talent IMO.
    Where have u ever seen that duke is the favorite? Every interview I've seen he mentions duke in his second breath when listing schools. I've heard him say that he grew up a unc and usc (Trojans) fan and also heard him talk about how he loves all the attention Memphis and ucla are giving him. I'd love to think we are the favs for his services but IMO I doubt he plays ball in durham.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    Where have u ever seen that duke is the favorite? Every interview I've seen he mentions duke in his second breath when listing schools. I've heard him say that he grew up a unc and usc (Trojans) fan and also heard him talk about how he loves all the attention Memphis and ucla are giving him. I'd love to think we are the favs for his services but IMO I doubt he plays ball in durham.
    Not the favorite, but one of them.

http://northcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1089213

There will be some more articles coming out today and throughout the week with similar quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Shabadazz does not have average hops. During his practice in Cameron on Friday prior to the TOC, I watched him jump from a standstill and dunk the ball so hard that he put this arm into the rim down to his elbow.

When have you seen him play?

What do you think? And yes,FWIW Duke IS the favorite as of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    Dude please give us proof with links or an explanation about how u know this or else when u make statements like this or else eveyone is going to dismiss it as baseless speculation.

Duke, along with UNC and Kansas, are leaders for Shabazz. He (and his brother) had nothing but good things to say about Duke this past weekend.

You can check out some scouting reports on Muhammad, Alex Murphy (who was on campus today, along with Tokoto), and a few other guys we got to see at TOC this weekend here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    That's a pretty declarative statement. Clint Jackson from Rivals.com whom I spent all of Friday evening with interviewed Shabazz twice this weekend and spoke with his father today. His Dad, Ron Holmes, told him that:

"There's definitely no leader right now," he said. "I read stuff on the internet where people say Kansas leads, Carolina leads, and Duke leads and pretty much nobody leads. Shabazz is still really early in his process and we are still listening to everybody and what they have to offer."

I'm guessing you know more about Shabazz's situation than his father does?

That's a pretty declarative statement. Clint Jackson from Rivals.com whom I spent all of Friday evening with interviewed Shabazz twice this weekend and spoke with his father today. His Dad, Ron Holmes, told him that:

"There's definitely no leader right now," he said. "I read stuff on the internet where people say Kansas leads, Carolina leads, and Duke leads and pretty much nobody leads. Shabazz is still really early in his process and we are still listening to everybody and what they have to offer."

I'm guessing you know more about Shabazz's situation than his father does?
    Thank you for actual facts airowe. Cockabeau and others please stop throwing out random opinions and claiming them as facts with no evidence to back them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    Thank you for actual facts airowe. Cockabeau and others please stop throwing out random opinions and claiming them as facts with no evidence to back them up.
    cockabeau is also the master of the non-answer answer. For example, when asked "when have you seen him play?" his response was "what do you think?"

Is that even a logical response? I mean it's so non-answery that it can hardly be conceived of as an answer to the question posed, almost like using a computer-generated random-word selecting program to make sentences. "is this an answer? who cares!!! Let's put a question mark on the end of it, that'll stir 'em up! Yeeehaaaawww!!!!!!"

As far as actual recruiting goes, I got nothing.

Murphy got an offer today as well:

goodmanonfox

#SCOOP: Alex Murphy, who is one of the top players in the Class of 2012, told FOXSports.com he has been offered a scholarship by Duke.

goodmanonfox

#SCOOP: Alex Murphy, who is one of the top players in the Class of 2012, told FOXSports.com he has been offered a scholarship by Duke.
    Very good news, Murphy seems like a very solid player.

We know his mom is a Singler/Duke fan, is he? Because if he is, this could have the potential to be heading towards a relatively early commitment.

Who's this alex murphy kid? I googled him, and looks like he was recruited by every top program including unc/kentucy (no offer though), but he's a only 3 star player on scouts.com?

Maybe he has some secret cinder blocks measurements we(public) don't know of.

goodmanonfox

Not a surprise... This was sorta hinted at this weekend. Good offer by the staff, and I like the fact that we are really pursuing the elite wings in this class.

We have now offers on the table for: Tokoto ( Heavy UNC lean at this time), Muhammad and the most recent Alex Murphy. I like our chances to land one of these 3... All 3 will be suited to really help this program in next two years.

We aren't done yet, and it is good to see we are already offering heavy this early in the 2012 recruiting process.

I am strictly SPECULATING, but I would expect the next offer to come to a guy like L.J Rose, who is one of there top targets in this class, Justin Andersen, or Montrezl Harrell. Just a few names to look at, but Rose is most likely at this point.

Also, I have noticed Andre Drummond has added Duke to his list in recent days. He what I read a strong Uconn lean, but things can change.

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=3904692

Quote Originally Posted by billyj View Post
    Who's this alex murphy kid? I googled him, and looks like he was recruited by every top program including unc/kentucy (no offer though), but he's a only 3 star player on scouts.com?

Maybe he has some secret cinder blocks measurements we(public) don't know of.
    He is one of the top wing prospects in the 2012 class... Right now, ratings from Scout, ESPN, Rivals etc are very misleading and in most cases can be inaccurate at this time in there basketball development.

Kyrie Irving was rated in the mid 50's his sophmore year by Rivals and was not ranked on ESPN, look at where he is now. Harrison Barnes was ranked in the bottom of the top 20 his sophmore year, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. People ofter read way too much into rankings this early when these kids haven't fully developed.

So it is a simple case of that. Alex Murphy has Kyle Singler like talent and one of the better players in this class overall.

So don't read into rankings this early, because there are so many examples of players who skyrocket or drop in these early rankings when they go through there junior and senior years.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    He is one of the top wing prospects in the 2012 class... Right now, ratings from Scout, ESPN, Rivals etc are very misleading and in most cases can be inaccurate at this time in there basketball development.

Kyrie Irving was rated in the mid 50's his sophmore year by Rivals and was not ranked on ESPN, look at where he is now. Harrison Barnes was ranked in the bottom of the top 20 his sophmore year, and the list goes on and on and on and on and on. People ofter read way too much into rankings this early when these kids haven't fully developed.

So it is a simple case of that. Alex Murphy has Kyle Singler like talent and one of the better players in this class overall.

So don't read into rankings this early, because there are so many examples of players who skyrocket or drop in these early rankings when they go through there junior and senior years.
    You certainly have changed your tune quite a bit in the last 24 hours on Murphy.

Was it something I said?

You certainly have changed your tune quite a bit in the last 24 hours on Murphy.

Was it something I said?
    Well I looked at more stuff at him, and I have witnessed him in the past.. I really felt this about him all along, just needed to point some things out about him that I saw that were not in our point of view.

You are a very good poster and bring up great points... Keep it up.

More Highlights of Shabuzz Muhammad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpUcbN0PNGI

Reportedly Coach K is looking at a big man Kaleb Tarczewski, Alex Murphy's teammate.

Here is the link: http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/06/r...eb-tarczewski/
    Last edited by Osiagledknarf; 06-01-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Reportedly Coach K is looking at a big man Kaleb Tarczewski, Alex Murphy's teammate.

Here is the link: http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/06/r...eb-tarczewski/
    Me: have you watched much of Kaleb Tarczewski?

EvanDanielscout: Seen him a few times. Big fan. Is huge and going to be very good

Kalen ran the floor veru well for a guy his size on Friday. He had good elevation and nearly ripped the rim off on an attempted dunk at one point on Friday night. His head was well above the rim. Didn't know much about him before then, but he certainly stood out.

Not a surprise... This was sorta hinted at this weekend. Good offer by the staff, and I like the fact that we are really pursuing the elite wings in this class.

We have now offers on the table for: Tokoto ( Heavy UNC lean at this time), Muhammad and the most recent Alex Murphy. I like our chances to land one of these 3... All 3 will be suited to really help this program in next two years.

We aren't done yet, and it is good to see we are already offering heavy this early in the 2012 recruiting process.

I am strictly SPECULATING, but I would expect the next offer to come to a guy like L.J Rose, who is one of there top targets in this class, Justin Andersen, or Montrezl Harrell. Just a few names to look at, but Rose is most likely at this point.

Also, I have noticed Andre Drummond has added Duke to his list in recent days. He what I read a strong Uconn lean, but things can change.

http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=3904692

Yeah, things can and will change especially when you are UCONN these days. I would think an offer should come through for Mr. Drummond. I would love a frontcourt of Hairston, Kelly, QMiller , Adams, and Drummond