Page 61 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 3573
    Quote Originally Posted by dchen09 View Post
    According to scout, Duke is showing interest in Mitch McGary, a 6-9 230lb center. Anyone have any info on him? Does this mean we're not looking so hot with Tony Parker?
    I'm not sure why people's reaction to Duke adding to its recruiting lists is to assume that we aren't in a good position with other players on the list. It is always wise to keep your options open and sometimes players develop quickly, turning from ok prospects to great prospects. Duke was strongly recruiting Knight then backed off him when Irving started to blow up. I don't know much about McGary but maybe he had a growth spurt (like Davis did last year) or simply has made big improvements in his game. Or maybe, he plays for a friend of the coaching staff or someone that they would like to develop a relationship with and taking look McGary is a favor. Who knows but recruiting one player doesn't have to be related to the recruitment of another.

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I'm not sure why people's reaction to Duke adding to its recruiting lists is to assume that we aren't in a good position with other players on the list. It is always wise to keep your options open and sometimes players develop quickly, turning from ok prospects to great prospects. Duke was strongly recruiting Knight then backed off him when Irving started to blow up. I don't know much about McGary but maybe he had a growth spurt (like Davis did last year) or simply has made big improvements in his game. Or maybe, he plays for a friend of the coaching staff or someone that they would like to develop a relationship with and taking look McGary is a favor. Who knows but recruiting one player doesn't have to be related to the recruitment of another.

True but that doesn't me I can't question whether they are related. Normally I wouldn't but there has been alot of speculation that we're not doing very well with Tony Parker. There's no harm in asking. Its not like I'm insinuating that Tony should not come to Duke or this guy might be a better fit.

Actually

True but that doesn't me I can't question whether they are related. Normally I wouldn't but there has been alot of speculation that we're not doing very well with Tony Parker. There's no harm in asking. Its not like I'm insinuating that Tony should not come to Duke or this guy might be a better fit.
    Rumor has it that Coach K actually gets much of his basketball wisdom from this board and has decided that Kelly will be at the 3 the rest of his Duke career, meaning that Duke needs more bigs to play the 4 and 5!

Oh, and he's going to use a matchup zone exclusively next year.

Blurb from Telep on Parker:

"Parker hadn't talked to the new Georgia Tech head coach as of Sunday but the in-state schools will be on his list. Duke and North Carolina (turned it up on him recently) figure to factor heavily into his recruitment and Ohio State continues to slide its way into the south."

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post

"Parker hadn't talked to the new Georgia Tech head coach as of Sunday but the in-state schools will be on his list. Duke and North Carolina (turned it up on him recently) figure to factor heavily into his recruitment and Ohio State continues to slide its way into the south."
    That must not have been a tweet... didnt see that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    That must not have been a tweet... didnt see that one.
    No, was in an article on ESPN today

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post

Ah Roy!!! Stop poaching for once and get your own recruits.

I'm a firm believer in the old adage, "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush." When you go all in for just one player you leave yourself open for some serious disappointment. The staff is doning it's job by touching all bases and keeping all available options open.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Rumor has it that Coach K actually gets much of his basketball wisdom from this board
    Aha!! So, that's his secret!!

This is kinda old so ome here may have seen it but this is an interview with big man Andre Drummond. I can not help but love this guy. Even if he does not pick Duke I will cheer for him no matter where he goes, everything he says is enough to make you smile. Great kid with lots of potential.

http://bluedevilnation.net/2011/01/n...re-drummond-2/

Desmond Hubert to UNC

Perhaps not that big a deal, since he is a three star recruit, but he seems like someone who could be a solid contributor.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/a.z?s...=1&nid=3896111

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoHeel View Post
    Perhaps not that big a deal, since he is a three star recruit, but he seems like someone who could be a solid contributor.

Actually, it likely means this kid will play ten minutes a game, taking away 5 minutes each from Zeller and Henson. We all know Roy loves a long bench! The length of the bench has it's ups and downs...

At 6-9 190 center, I'm not sure he'll see much playing time at all for a year or two...not a knock against the kid, but he has some pretty stiff competition on a loaded UNC team and will no longer be taller than everyone else like he was at HS. I'd look for this kid as a junior if he can add 30 lbs
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    At 6-9 190 center, I'm not sure he'll see much playing time at all for a year or two...not a knock against the kid, but he has some pretty stiff competition on a loaded UNC team and will no longer be taller than everyone else like he was at HS. I'd look for this kid as a junior if he can add 30 lbs
    Maybe, he's very long though. In the game of his I saw he reminded me of Henson, honestly. Hopefully he never quite reaches that level defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    This is true. Next year he will at best provide a few solid minutes when Henson and Zeller are resting. Beyond that, the hope is that he can ease the transition once Zeller and Henson are gone. It makes the loss of Wear twins that much less significant.

If this dude decided upon Duke, everybody would be all over him.

I saw Hupert play this summer against Quincy Miller and acquit himself very well (admittedly, it helped that Hupert's team was loaded with quality players, including Kyle Anderson).

Hupert certainly seemed to me to be thicker than Henson or McAdoo, but not nearly as freakishly long as Henson.

He's a very good long term pick-up for the Heels and definitely a player I'd want on my roster for 4 years.

This seems to me a very big blow to Gary Williams, who lost out on both Mikael Hopkins for 2011 and now Hupert as potential replacements for Jordan Williams. Yet more evidence that the ACC is turning into Duke, UNC and the 10 dwarfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzyzewskiville View Post
    If this dude decided upon Duke, everybody would be all over him.
    Some people would. Others would be panicking over Duke using a scholarship on a three-star recruit. Both groups would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzyzewskiville View Post
    everybody would be all over him.
    yeah...like opposing big men :P
    1200. DDMF.

Desmond is actually in the Class of 2011.

Maybe he's underranted, but he's not a very highly evaluated prospect. Not a bad pickup this late in the game.

He likely won't be asked to do too much next year but he could be UNC's most experienced post player in 2012.

Since all of Carolina's players stay for at least 3 years anyways, I'd rather it was a player like Hubert than Henson, Hansbrough, or Zeller