Page 54 of 179 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 3573
    Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Too bad you're a cat person. I was really starting to like you.
    oh come on, i have a dog too, she started growling at 5:30 to go outside. the wife had to deal with that.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    oh come on, i have a dog too, she started growling at 5:30 to go outside. the wife had to deal with that.
    Dude...I'm under a cloud right now, and it's hailing on me. If I can't rip the Heels, I have to find anything to cling on to...

well... as soon as Montrezl Harrell appeared on the Duke boards, he disappears.

Committed to VaTech. http://duke.scout.com/a.z?s=167&p=8&c=1&nid=4358055

A blurb from the most recent scout post says "Montrezl Harrell made his game against JP Tokoto" :-P Found that interesting.

Justin Anderson has cut his list down to UVA, MD and UNC. He is really good friends with Hairston. Both attended Montrose Christian (MD). I wonder if he drops Duke because he sees his boy sitting the bench at Duke or if it was because of the addition of Alex Murphy. You would think then he would have dropped UNC with their addition of Tokoto.

Andre Dawkins recruits Hairston and Thornton to Duke. If Kyrie did not get hurt then all of them would be sharing the bench together. Would love to see Andre gain his minutes back.

Justin Anderson seems to be leaning towards Maryland. This kid is an absolute stud. Maryland is starting to recruit. They have a decent class next season.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil114 View Post
    Justin Anderson has cut his list down to UVA, MD and UNC. He is really good friends with Hairston. Both attended Montrose Christian (MD). I wonder if he drops Duke because he sees his boy sitting the bench at Duke or if it was because of the addition of Alex Murphy. You would think then he would have dropped UNC with their addition of Tokoto.

Andre Dawkins recruits Hairston and Thornton to Duke. If Kyrie did not get hurt then all of them would be sharing the bench together. Would love to see Andre gain his minutes back.

Justin Anderson seems to be leaning towards Maryland. This kid is an absolute stud. Maryland is starting to recruit. They have a decent class next season.
    Justin Anderson is considered a great athlete but with a very limited skill set. Duke never really recruited him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an offer from UNC. He could be a very good college player. But there are doubters.

Recruiting focus

This year, Duke is playing with Nolan Smith (6'2"), Kyrie Irving (6'2"), Seth Curry (6'1") and Tyler Thornton (6'1") along with Andre Dawkins (6'4") at guard. Ohio State, who is a very balanced team has Craft (6'2") at point and uses big guards David Lighty (6'5"0, Buford (6'5") and Diebler (6'6"). All these guys are very talented all defend well and are excellent shooters. Along with their inside presence, this makes a very formidable team.

I would suggest that unless you have supremely talented guards like Nolan and Kyrie, you are better off going for more size. Henderson was 6'4" and Scheyer was 6'5". I think the size is an advantage on the defensive end as well as it allows big guards to either post up or shoot over smaller ones.

This coming class will have Austin Rivers at 6'5" and Michael Gbinije at 6'6" along with Quinn Cook at 6'0". With only Nolan and probably Kyrie leaving, that will give us a lot of depth at guard. Austin appears to be extremely talented and Michael may be very important right away to help fill the void left by Kyle leaving. Both have size going for them. We will need a point guard and Quinn can fill in at times for Tyler and Seth.

The following year we already have Alex Murphy (6'8") and Rasheed Sulaimon (6'3") coming and are looking at Justin Anderson (6'6") and Shabazz Muhamad (6'5") the last I knew. It is important to pursue talented players with size to be competitive at the highest level.

Inside, Duke has the Plumlee's, Kelly and Hairston. Mason is hopefully going to stay another year at least so we will have Marshall coming in giving us depth at the inside positions. I know coach K would love to get a strong inside player like Tony Parker (6'8") for the following year. There are a couple of others who are as yet uncommitted, so it will be interesting to see how that works out.

i don't think you have to worry about a Plumlee leaving early, unless one of them chooses to transfer.

i don't think you have to worry about a Plumlee leaving early, unless one of them chooses to transfer.
    You aren't serious are you? Not trying to be argumentative, but Mason has a high ceiling. We all know that is all the NBA scouts care about. Production matters some, but it is all about potential. Mason is a freak athlete. I doubt he leaves as well, but he could.

Unless he has a big season next year with Cook at the point, I doubt he will leave. I understand upside, but there has only been one game that he displayed upside this year. He needs to show the ability to create his own shoot and a better basketball IQ. Fouling out with 0 pts in a big game like last Saturday's isn't going to cut it. Not saying this from a UNC perspective, but from a basketball fan's perspective. He has the athletic ability, but if he cannot wrap his mind around staying out of foul trouble and figuring out a way to contribute on the offensive end, then he may be playing in Europe. There isn't a shortage of 6'10" athletes sitting on the bench in the NBA.

Plumlee family gets $600,000+ for the services (and an education they might not otherwise receive) of their three sons if they stay four years each. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Perception/reality. How do we go about changing that? In the last 3 to 4 years, K has done a great job of changing some of our recruiting strategies. I wonder how he approaches this challenge?
    The net for post players is wider than ever. Nationwide Nate will work his magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    Plumlee family gets $600,000+ for the services (and an education they might not otherwise receive) of their three sons if they stay four years each. Not bad.
    you mean 600,000 dollars worth of education, don't you?

you mean 600,000 dollars worth of education, don't you?
    It's actually in free donut coupons.

Kong - what is the word on Unc guys might consider going to the next level? Any chance Unc gets another recruit from Class of 2011?

I think the coaches are looking at a JuCo point guard and possibly a 6'8" senior to bring in next year.

As far as who may leave for the NBA, I imagine HB, JH, and TZ have all had good enough years to warrant at least testing the waters. A couple of inside guys on the IC seem to think that Zeller and Henson will stay at least one more year. HB appeared to be a lock for coming back next year, but with his recent success, I believe it is a 50/50 call at this point.

Unless he has a big season next year with Cook at the point, I doubt he will leave. I understand upside, but there has only been one game that he displayed upside this year. He needs to show the ability to create his own shoot and a better basketball IQ. Fouling out with 0 pts in a big game like last Saturday's isn't going to cut it. Not saying this from a UNC perspective, but from a basketball fan's perspective. He has the athletic ability, but if he cannot wrap his mind around staying out of foul trouble and figuring out a way to contribute on the offensive end, then he may be playing in Europe. There isn't a shortage of 6'10" athletes sitting on the bench in the NBA.
    Chad Ford of ESPN sees Mason as a first rounder. If he has several more of the Marquette performances, a potential lottery.

I think the coaches are looking at a JuCo point guard and possibly a 6'8" senior to bring in next year.

As far as who may leave for the NBA, I imagine HB, JH, and TZ have all had good enough years to warrant at least testing the waters. A couple of inside guys on the IC seem to think that Zeller and Henson will stay at least one more year. HB appeared to be a lock for coming back next year, but with his recent success, I believe it is a 50/50 call at this point.
    Thanks Kong. A 6'8'' college senior (a la Knox) or high school senior?

Chad Ford is currently projecting Barnes at #6 and Henson at #9 on his "Big Board." Awfully tough to turn that down. Zeller is at #26

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Justin Anderson is considered a great athlete but with a very limited skill set. Duke never really recruited him and I'm pretty sure he doesn't have an offer from UNC. He could be a very good college player. But there are doubters.
    I would tend to agree if we were speaking of him in his sophomore year. He has really improved his shot and his athleticism is ridiculous. Nate went to Montrose in January to one of his games. I would call that recruiting.
    The Terrapin Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Thanks Kong. A 6'8'' college senior (a la Knox) or high school senior?

Chad Ford is currently projecting Barnes at #6 and Henson at #9 on his "Big Board." Awfully tough to turn that down. Zeller is at #26
    6"9" high school senior that seems to be choosing between UNC and Maryland. His last name is Desmond Hubert.

http://www.tarheeltimes.com/article29614.aspx

I just think Mason still has some of his best basketball ahead of him. I'm sure some will disagree but with McBob he never seemed to show the flashes of potential that Mason does and maybe it is b/c we expected more out of McBob. But Mason has developed that hook shot from the wing and seems to actually be developing. Give him at least one more summer and that move should become a go to move. Add in some work on his drive with that spin and possibly the addition of a jump shot and he could be a more explosive Zeller.
    And if Duke can become a running team again, I'm sure he will enjoy some more run outs but I feel that Duke slowing it down has helped/forced him to develop those moves.

Good point but I'm not sure Wear you would get an idea like that...