Page 52 of 179 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3573
    Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    Just read a interesting story that JP committed to UNC when he visited last month. I wonder why he didn't let the cat of the bag publicly? I guess he wanted to do it in a press conference?
    Perhaps he was waiting to see if Shabazz would commit or not? If so he probably would have went to Wisconsin. Weird local for a press conference regardless

Hopefully Tokoto's commitment helps getting Shabazz Muhammad. Bazz could really help fill the void left by Rivers.

Just read a interesting story that JP committed to UNC when he visited last month. I wonder why he didn't let the cat of the bag publicly? I guess he wanted to do it in a press conference?
    Maybe his skype wasn't working that day...
    (sorry, that was just too good a set-up)

Apparently Bazz is not coming to the Duke/UNC game, according to Jason Jordan of ESPN.

Can't help but think that Bazz not going to the Duke/UNC game, and not coming to any Duke games (right?) makes it at least sound unlikely that we are a top likely destination for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Apparently Bazz is not coming to the Duke/UNC game, according to Jason Jordan of ESPN.

Can't help but think that Bazz not going to the Duke/UNC game, and not coming to any Duke games (right?) makes it at least sound unlikely that we are a top likely destination for him.
    Muhammad has been to at least two Duke games in Cameron - last year's Duke-UNC game, and this year's Duke-Virginia game.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Muhammad has been to at least two Duke games in Cameron - last year's Duke-UNC game, and this year's Duke-Virginia game.
    Also, underclass players don't get official visits; they can make a number of unofficial visits, but have to cover the expenses themselves. Not a small consideration for a guy who plays his HS ball in Nevada and wants to check out schools in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Ah, thanks Duvall, for some reason I had it in my head he hadn't been to any.

Quote Originally Posted by blueduke59 View Post
    Is it confirmed that both Parker and Allen will be at the game? Have been thinking about this and if I were Roy Williams I wouldn't care if I won this game or not. I'd pound it inside to my bigs all day regardless of the score and here's why:

UNC wasn't expected to win the conference. Duke is. If I lose so what? A number one seed in the NCAA's isn't in my future anyway. I have two top shelf bigs here wanting to see how they'd fit in to my offense

Those recruits will clearly see I utilize my post guys as much as possible. Parker has already openly wondered about how Duke utilizes their post players, no? Well he'd see how I do it and know he'd get plenty of touches.

Thoughts?
    1) Winning is more impressive to recruits than losing. 2) coaches never change they way they play to impress a recruit 3) Roy has a fan base that will call his home if he loses to Duke 4 times in a row 4) Roy has had it with players who have opinions on how he should play them 5) UNC is always expected to win the conference- you must not be from around this here parts.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    1) Winning is more impressive to recruits than losing. 2) coaches never change they way they play to impress a recruit 3) Roy has a fan base that will call his home if he loses to Duke 4 times in a row 4) Roy has had it with players who have opinions on how he should play them 5) UNC is always expected to win the conference- you must not be from around this here parts.
    I've been "around these parts" for only 47 years but I'll try my best as a newbie to address your points....

1. If those recruits are big men and see one team pounding it inside and another almost ignoring theirs I bet losing a close game will take a back seat to who the gets the rock most often

2. How do you know? Btw UNC going down low isn't new. Taking a few more chances down low to show 2 high school kids they'll be gettng it a lot too isn't far fetched for a guy like Roy Williams. It's good business to a guy who thinks his coaching career trumps earthquakes and their victims

3. Roy has reminded us recently what he thinks of his fan base.

4. How do you know they're telling him anything

5. UNC wasn't expected to win it this year. UNC has no chance at a 1 seed win or lose so they're playing with house money. UNC invites 2 top shelf forwards to a game to show them what? Their perimeter offense?
    Last edited by blueduke59; 03-04-2011 at 09:46 PM.

I think we have good chance to land Muhammad. At 6-5 and 207, he is on the big side of a guard and a smaller forward. We've been known to run a 3 guard offense on occasion and with the rotation of the Plumlees, Kelley, and Harriston and plugging in Austin Rivers to the other guard spot, I think he would be a perfect fit.

Is it confirmed that both Parker and Allen will be at the game? Have been thinking about this and if I were Roy Williams I wouldn't care if I won this game or not. I'd pound it inside to my bigs all day regardless of the score and here's why:

UNC wasn't expected to win the conference. Duke is. If I lose so what? A number one seed in the NCAA's isn't in my future anyway. I have two top shelf bigs here wanting to see how they'd fit in to my offense

Those recruits will clearly see I utilize my post guys as much as possible. Parker has already openly wondered about how Duke utilizes their post players, no? Well he'd see how I do it and know he'd get plenty of touches.

Thoughts?
    You asked for thoughts, so I'll give you mine: this is just plain silly. No high major Division I basketball coach will tank a game on purpose to help recruit. Especially not in a high pressure rivalry.

Frankly, I had hoped you were joking until I saw your second post defending your idea.

More NC "inside sources" (snicker)

Embarrassment?

Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Embarrassment?
    I'm sure there was some understanding that huck wouldn't leak the info until tokoto had his press conference that made dog and pony shows look bad. I was there. It was BAD.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    What do you think of the Tokoto signing?
    Tokoto should fit right in at Carolina seeing as he is another wing player who cannot shoot the ball.
    Bob Green

Pretty sure it was more recently than that. (Last week?)

Same way Sheed committed to Duke on his visit, but wanted to wait until his birthday to announce. His AAU coach told a couple people in confidence and the story got out...

Tokoto's a good get, congrats.

Duke's not done yet w/ their '12 class. It will get bigger.

'Bazz is going to UK. He already talked about the dribble-drive and after everything with UNC and Duke, I would bet everything he ends up as another one of Cal's 1 and dones. But the class of Rasheed, Murphay, and Parker would be dynamite. Add in MG, Quinn, and everyone else and Duke wins a title.
    'Bazz is amazing and all but Tony Parker makes Duke legit and NCCAT contenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    You asked for thoughts, so I'll give you mine: this is just plain silly. No high major Division I basketball coach will tank a game on purpose to help recruit. Especially not in a high pressure rivalry.

Frankly, I had hoped you were joking until I saw your second post defending your idea.
    Getting the ball to post players a few more times than usual is "tanking"? These aren't stiffs that are getting the rock. Division I coaches do just about everything else to impress a recruit

Hyperbole aside

Getting the ball to post players a few more times than usual is "tanking"? These aren't stiffs that are getting the rock. Division I coaches do just about everything else to impress a recruit
    I think the implication of your original post was not to "tank" the game, but rather that Huck would prioritize recruiting over winning if it came down to it. I can't imagine a D1 coach doing that, let alone Huck doing that - and in the greatest college basketball rivalry of all time between two hall of fame coaches with the conference title on the line? I don't think there is any chance. It's a different spin on this game, I'll grant you that, but I can't imagine it going beyond theoretical. Even Huck isn't that much of a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    'Bazz is going to UK.
    Bazz is pretty wide open at this point. He won't be making a decision for a while so statements like this are silly for at least 6 months.

@JayJayESPNDime
    Jason Jordan
    Just heard that 2012 F Tony Parker won't be in the house tonight for UNC vs Duke.
    6 minutes ago via Twitter for Android
    I guess Roy will have to pound it into the post relentlessly at the expense of winning some other time.
    Last edited by -jk; 03-05-2011 at 12:38 PM. Reason: fix quote tag