Page 50 of 179 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 3573
    Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    is there also a way to block posts that quote Kong?
    I don't believe so.

Go to Forum Actions - General Settings - Edit Ignore List - add kong123

*works like a charm*

is there also a way to block posts that quote Kong?
    Geez. I actually enjoy the give and take with Kong from time to time. I'm glad we dont have groupthink around here.

Back to recruiting - is there any indication Shabazz will make a decision between now and next high school season?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Shabazz will not be going to school in the state of North Carolina. There is an incredible logjam at both the 2 and 3 for both of the schools of his list. Not content that he may not go to Duke, but nearly equally happy he's probably not going to UNC.
    Agree 100%. My logic tells me shabazz will be joining calimari in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Geez. I actually enjoy the give and take with Kong from time to time. I'm glad we dont have groupthink around here.

Back to recruiting - is there any indication Shabazz will make a decision between now and next high school season?
    I have to agree. I like Kong's posts. I don't think he is over the top or arrogant.

You can't always be surrounded by Yes Men...

Now, Wheat, on the other hand....he only comes around here when he thinks his team is playing well, or they're beating Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Now, Wheat, on the other hand....he only comes around here when he thinks his team is playing well, or they're beating Duke.
    I agree.

Wheat

I have to agree. I like Kong's posts. I don't think he is over the top or arrogant.

Which means that we haven't much from Wheat last two years.

sorry if this has been mentioned

have we talked about JP Tokoto going to UNC yet?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Which means that we haven't much from Wheat last two years.
    Check yesterday and today's Duke/UNC Pregame Thread

That's a little unfair. You might want to consider that some of us have just got old and don't care for the back and forth like we use too.

To Each his Own

Everybody has their own level of tolerance or breaking point. I have to (unfortunately) work in Chapel Hill, so I get more than enough Tar Heel feedback. Kong provides nothing positive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyheel View Post
    That's a little unfair. You might want to consider that some of us have just got old and don't care for the back and forth like we use too.
    it maybe a little unfair, but if you look back to when he stopped posting regularly, it was when UNC started playing poorly at the beginning of last year. He came back right before the 1st Duke/UNC game after UNC had started playing well again. Maybe life responsibilities reduced his forum contribution, maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyheel View Post
    Well, wheat didn't seem too old and disinterested when he posted this at the beginning of the 2009-2010 season:

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I expect this years Heels to be a defensive and rebounding monster. I promise you a team will struggle to score on them.

Their length and athletism 1 thru 5- backed up by 6 thru 10- is awesome, and the opposing coaches know it.

They will score plenty to win, and we'll check back later, but I'd be willing to bet now that they will be one of the top, if not the top, rebounding and blocked shots teams in the country.

Putback jams will replace feathery Ellington 3's...and the individual talents by position seem to be complimentary...a nice fit.

I think LDII will be a solid/quality leader and PG, in the Jimmy Black mold. He is a good player with lots of talent around him. I especially like his anticipation defense. He can get into the passing lane to disrupt. His handle is good enough and decision making improved steadily all season, I see no reason to think he can't run this team well as a tested soph. He's no TL, but who is?

Graves can shoot it, make no mistake, and will get his chance to prove it. He reminds me of a Charles Barkley type player in that he is a tough player to match up with in that body frame relative to his skills. (Not that he plays like Barkley). If he could catch fire, get some confidence, or Mcdonald/Strickland can step up from deep, the skies the limit for this team.

They will make some youthful mistakes, but these are not average freshmen from what I read. Basically all 5 star talents. The learning curve is likely to be short. We'll see.

The few losses will come from the free throw line against the more wing oriented teams.

That's my quick preseason take of the Heels in a nutshell...and top 5 is about right, imo.
    I never get tired of reading this.

Everybody has their own level of tolerance or breaking point. I have to (unfortunately) work in Chapel Hill, so I get more than enough Tar Heel feedback. Kong provides nothing positive for me.
    thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Well, wheat didn't seem too old and disinterested when he posted this at the beginning of the 2009-2010 season:

That is awesome. Now to be fair, a lot of other people had high expectations for the Heels that year too, hence their lofty preseason ranking. But reading the individual player breakdowns was classic. Larry Drew II, a leader? Graves = Barkley? Hilarious 8-)

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    it maybe a little unfair, but if you look back to when he stopped posting regularly, it was when UNC started playing poorly at the beginning of last year. He came back right before the 1st Duke/UNC game after UNC had started playing well again. Maybe life responsibilities reduced his forum contribution, maybe not.
    Well I think he really stopped posting much about 10 years ago.

You're preaching to the choir...I live with one.

And I'm literally surrounded in my neighborhood and group of friends....

It's tough to find grounded and rational Hole fans, but I must say that Kong is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post

Well those of us that read his treatise on Brian Bersticker back in like 98-99 understand where Wheat is coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    thanks buddy
    For those of us who don't suffer the daily affront of interaction with Tarheel fans, I have to say that I think Kong adds a lot to the board. I especially admire his showing up even when Carolina is not playing well.

i admire kong's ability to stay in here without spewing all the vile hatred against us, that i truly have for his team....

i was banned on IC in 16 posts... 3 before the Kansas final 4 smackdown, and 13 within 5 minutes of the game ending..

i just couldn't help myself...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

As another fair weather, pro-Tarheel poster, I have to defend Wheat. Aside from the intrusions of real life preventing engagement with DBR, I venture that he may be like me in that, when UNC tanked last year, it simply became so painful that some distance was necessary. It was the same after our game earlier this year- after the disappointment of the loss you just have to create a little separation. And that means staying away from on-line discussions. That doesn't make Wheat (or me) any less of a fan or someone who only comes around to boast during the good times. It's just the strategy of a rational actor trying to protect one's own sanity.