Page 177 of 179 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 3573

Delay?

Per Alex Kline, Amile will not announce tomorrow. Interesting. Perhaps concerning, I can't tell. He also indicates OSU and Temple are on the list. I know Temple had been, but OSU is news to me. Weird.

Alex Kline ‏ @TheRecruitScoop
    Amile Jefferson is not expected to make a college decision Monday, per his coach. Duke, NC State, Temple, Ohio St & Villanova in play.

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Per Alex Kline, Amile will not announce tomorrow. Interesting. Perhaps concerning, I can't tell. He also indicates OSU and Temple are on the list. I know Temple had been, but OSU is news to me. Weird.

Amile Jefferson is not expected to make a college decision Monday, per his coach. Duke, NC State, Temple, Ohio St & Villanova in play.
    It would be nice to get some good recruiting news soon. Yes, we've gotten commitments from Rasheed and Matt in the past year, but we've missed on many others and gotten so much conflicting--and mostly disheartening--information concerning the recruitments of Tony Parker, Shabazz Muhammad and Amile Jefferson that some positive news would really be welcomed.

I don't like the sound of this at all. His camp indicates he will decide very soon after his Duke visit, the Duke visit happens, now he is putting off the decision and apparently adding schools?

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    I don't like the sound of this at all. His camp indicates he will decide very soon after his Duke visit, the Duke visit happens, now he is putting off the decision and apparently adding schools?
    When you're the supposed favorite, it's never a good thing for there to be a delay. We have been the supposed favorite for about a month now, yet he hasn't made the commitment. That's not a good thing. We may very well still be in good shape, but delays are never a good thing when you're the frontrunner.

Well, looking into it further, it appears that OSU used to be a key player in the Amile sweepstakes, but then fell out of discussion. Given that history though, it's possible his coach was simply regurgitating a random list of schools that came to mind rather than suggesting that OSU had somehow re-emerged into the Amile-related limelight recently. Hard to say.

Temple folks have also indicated that Amile was on campus last week visiting with Coach Dunphy and touring their new athletic facilities. My initial thought was that this was out of due diligence given that they are a home town school rather than being representative of renewed interest in the Owls, but again, who knows?

You gotta still feel pretty good about out chances given that no other school has been called his "dream school" before, but one would think that if your dream scenario became a reality that you would take it and run with it pretty quickly.

Ah, recruiting...

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    When you're the supposed favorite, it's never a good thing for there to be a delay. We have been the supposed favorite for about a month now, yet he hasn't made the commitment. That's not a good thing. We may very well still be in good shape, but delays are never a good thing when you're the frontrunner.
    Yes. From the Duke side, this is feeling a little bit like the Tony Parker situation--although, from the athlete side, there is certainly no evidence that Jefferson is as indecisive as Parker seems to have been [emphasis on the "seems to" since of course I know nothing about his actual thinking or the reasons for his many delays and apparent changes of direction]--it's probably just due diligence on his part (though obviously one outcome of due diligence could be deciding for a different school).

Yes. From the Duke side, this is feeling a little bit like the Tony Parker situation--although, from the athlete side, there is certainly no evidence that Jefferson is as indecisive as Parker seems to have been [emphasis on the "seems to" since of course I know nothing about his actual thinking or the reasons for his many delays and apparent changes of direction]--it's probably just due diligence on his part (though obviously one outcome of due diligence could be deciding for a different school).
    I believe Jefferson has previously announced that a decision was rumored to be imminent at least one other time, when Duke was not involved.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/06/a...decision-time/

I hope he comes to Duke and think he would be a great addition and don't feel that his process has been very similar to Tony Parker's. I agree with CDu that it is never a great thing when you are the leader and there is a delay, but I am much more worried about the games this weekend and if he delays long enough, another final four appearance and championship shouldn't hurt this recruitment (not that it should actually make that much of a difference.)
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    It would be nice to get some good recruiting news soon. Yes, we've gotten commitments from Rasheed and Matt in the past year, but we've missed on many others and gotten so much conflicting--and mostly disheartening--information concerning the recruitments of Tony Parker, Shabazz Muhammad and Amile Jefferson that some positive news would really be welcomed.
    If only things actually worked that way. While we're at it with the requests, it would also be nice to get a national championship soon and hey, why not, let's get K to sign a shiny new contract for another decade or two.

Unfortunately, with recruiting, at any given time it is probably somewhere around 80% bad news. It should be expected. A majority of the kids recruited by pretty much any school (Duke included) will always end up going elsewhere. Just the nature of the game -- wide net and all that.

Looks like Kentucky and UNLV are the frontrunners for Shabazz... anyone else have info on that?

Dedicated Threads

I agree with LordAsh above that Amile and others who have been offered should really get their own threads. Perhaps that's why Amile is delaying - he doesn't even have his own thread yet!

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Looks like Kentucky and UNLV are the frontrunners for Shabazz... anyone else have info on that?
    I think that has always been the case with Shabazz.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    I believe Jefferson has previously announced that a decision was rumored to be imminent at least one other time, when Duke was not involved.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/11/06/a...decision-time/

I hope he comes to Duke and think he would be a great addition and don't feel that his process has been very similar to Tony Parker's. I agree with CDu that it is never a great thing when you are the leader and there is a delay, but I am much more worried about the games this weekend and if he delays long enough, another final four appearance and championship shouldn't hurt this recruitment (not that it should actually make that much of a difference.)
    Good points--maybe the similarity I'm seeing between the two recruitments is my anxiety about them!

Or maybe I'm just trying to avoid worrying about the games this weekend by focusing on this....

Good points--maybe the similarity I'm seeing between the two recruitments is my anxiety about them!

Or maybe I'm just trying to avoid worrying about the games this weekend by focusing on this....
    I think the big difference between AJ and TP is that AJ (and his "camp") have been more explicit all along about their affinity towards Duke. I really got the sense that Amile really likes Duke, which is why we were able to go straight to the head of the pack after pressing pause on the recruitment for so long.

TP, on the other hand, I have never really gotten any positive vibe from. It was always that one of his parents or the other liked Duke, but never really coming from TP himself. Red flag.

UK and Duke in IMO

[QUOTE=FerryFor50;560230]Looks like Kentucky and UNLV are the frontrunners for Shabazz... anyone else have info on that?[/QUOTE

IMO i think Duke is fav, unless MKG goes pro, but he has said he will return so if lamb and MKG return i think UK is out. Not to mention they have a 2 five star recruits archie goodwin is a 6'5 guard and of course alex poythress 6'7 wing...

UNLV is losing 4 seniors that all play good mins, and if mike moser goes pro which i think he will being a redshirt So and he'll be 22 in nov. He is projected a 1st round draft pick

I read on twitter that jerry meyer said UCLA had dropped on his list long before the Si story.

ZONA,USC are out and KU is losing taylor and Thomas and they have alot of good wings for next year

Bazz has said he wants to win A NC so i think Duke is his best shot, if he plans to spend only1 year in college

IMO

Also like to add to the above that State makes the tournament and he decides to hold off on his decision. Maybe he is liking what he sees in State?

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Also like to add to the above that State makes the tournament and he decides to hold off on his decision. Maybe he is liking what he sees in State?
    Also there's the very real possibility (based on his big surge in performance lately) that State will lose Leslie (the guy who would take the VAST majority of the minutes at the 4 next year if he stayed), whereas Plumlee may be back for his senior year (which will definitely limit the available minutes here next year).

Granted, I don't have any inclination that Jefferson is a one-and-done. But he may decide that he'd rather go somewhere and play big minutes right away. And that may or may not be a possibility here.

Or, it could be that this isn't a concern at all for Jefferson. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Also there's the very real possibility (based on his big surge in performance lately) that State will lose Leslie (the guy who would take the VAST majority of the minutes at the 4 next year if he stayed), whereas Plumlee may be back for his senior year (which will definitely limit the available minutes here next year).
    FWIW, Pack folks seem to believe Amile is delaying in order to see if Leslie will leave or not. I presume that means that if he leaves, Amile would be more likely to play in Raleigh. I haven't heard this from anyone more reputable that Pack fanatics, so who knows. And the beat goes on...

FWIW, Pack folks seem to believe Amile is delaying in order to see if Leslie will leave or not. I presume that means that if he leaves, Amile would be more likely to play in Raleigh. I haven't heard this from anyone more reputable that Pack fanatics, so who knows. And the beat goes on...
    It's certainly plausible--but of course without any actual information there is no reason to assume it's the case.

[QUOTE=THE FUTURE;560391]
    Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    Looks like Kentucky and UNLV are the frontrunners for Shabazz... anyone else have info on that?[/QUOTE

IMO i think Duke is fav, unless MKG goes pro, but he has said he will return so if lamb and MKG return i think UK is out. Not to mention they have a 2 five star recruits archie goodwin is a 6'5 guard and of course alex poythress 6'7 wing...

UNLV is losing 4 seniors that all play good mins, and if mike moser goes pro which i think he will being a redshirt So and he'll be 22 in nov. He is projected a 1st round draft pick

I read on twitter that jerry meyer said UCLA had dropped on his list long before the Si story.

ZONA,USC are out and KU is losing taylor and Thomas and they have alot of good wings for next year

Bazz has said he wants to win A NC so i think Duke is his best shot, if he plans to spend only1 year in college

IMO

I would be surprised if Kentucky does not lose at least 4 guys to the draft/graduation (Vargas, Davis, MKG, Miller, Lamb, Jones) meaning they have much more space for Bazz. It seems like recruits do this every year with Kentucky. They waituntil who announces and they announce based on that. If they lose MKG, Miller, and Lamb, then I see no reason why Bazz would not go to Kentucky.

I guess the other thing I am confused about with everyone's infatuation with Shabazz, is what would we do with Murphy and Gbinije? Have these guys ride the pine another year?? I love Murphy's game, I feel like he is Mike Dunleavy, only stronger. Are the staff/fans not sold on the futures of these guys? With a starting front line of MP2, Kelly, and Murphy, I think we would be real strong.

[QUOTE=ChicagoCrazy84;560480]
    Quote Originally Posted by THE FUTURE View Post

I would be surprised if Kentucky does not lose at least 4 guys to the draft/graduation (Vargas, Davis, MKG, Miller, Lamb, Jones) meaning they have much more space for Bazz. It seems like recruits do this every year with Kentucky. They waituntil who announces and they announce based on that. If they lose MKG, Miller, and Lamb, then I see no reason why Bazz would not go to Kentucky.

I guess the other thing I am confused about with everyone's infatuation with Shabazz, is what would we do with Murphy and Gbinije? Have these guys ride the pine another year?? I love Murphy's game, I feel like he is Mike Dunleavy, only stronger. Are the staff/fans not sold on the futures of these guys? With a starting front line of MP2, Kelly, and Murphy, I think we would be real strong.
    If the staff is still recruiting Shabazz then that tells you how they feel about his talent. I think Shabazz is considered a much better player than Gbinije coming out of high school.