Page 17 of 179 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Duke has expressed early interest in both Rose and Paige as PG candidates from that class.

Does anyone know why Justin Anderson fell so much on the new ESPN rankings for 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by bradvinjack View Post
    Does anyone know why Justin Anderson fell so much on the new ESPN rankings for 2012?
    most likely because of recent talk that he is just an athlete (a great one) that doesnt have much of a jump shot. not an insider or anything just a guess from things i have read.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    most likely because of recent talk that he is just an athlete (a great one) that doesnt have much of a jump shot. not an insider or anything just a guess from things i have read.
    yup. his profile on espn basically says he has off-the-charts athletic ability but must continue to develop his skill package.

Anyone check out the Rivals top 100 for 2012. I thought it was interesting that Justin Anderson was ranked ahead of Tokoto. And that Tokoto was all the way at 32 for that matter.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ings/rank-2509

Quote Originally Posted by OnToTheNextOne View Post
    Anyone check out the Rivals top 100 for 2012. I thought it was interesting that Justin Anderson was ranked ahead of Tokoto. And that Tokoto was all the way at 32 for that matter.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...ings/rank-2509
    I see they have Drummond listed at 6'9", but on the FIBA U17 website he is listed at 211cm (6'11"). Does anyone know if he is closer to the former or the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pappa View Post
    I see they have Drummond listed at 6'9", but on the FIBA U17 website he is listed at 211cm (6'11"). Does anyone know if he is closer to the former or the latter.
    I can't say for certain, but I'd assume the FIBA information would be more accurate as I'm sure everyone had a physical to be on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by amazinballer323 View Post
    I can't say for certain, but I'd assume the FIBA information would be more accurate as I'm sure everyone had a physical to be on the team.
    My thoughts as well.

Justin Anderson Update

Tweet from Alex Kline (TheRecruitScoop)

TheRecruitScoop: 2012 standout Justin Anderson of Montrose Christian has a top five in no specific order of Maryland, Duke, Virginia, Oklahoma and Texas.
    less than a minute ago

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    Tweet from Alex Kline (TheRecruitScoop)
    I'm know the staff is focused on Shabazz for the 2012 class but Im still wondering why we havent offered Anderson... I know there are concerns about some of his other basketball skills besides overwhelming athleticism but I would hate to loose him to MD or VA. Anderson's shooting couldnt be any worse the EWill's as a frosh... He ended up being a great defender and an also pretty fun to watch with his driving and dunking abilities...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    I'm know the staff is focused on Shabazz for the 2012 class but Im still wondering why we havent offered Anderson... I know there are concerns about some of his other basketball skills besides overwhelming athleticism but I would hate to loose him to MD or VA. Anderson's shooting couldnt be any worse the EWill's as a frosh... He ended up being a great defender and an also pretty fun to watch with his driving and dunking abilities...
    Duke already has offers out to 3 wing forwards from the Class of 2012. Alex Murphy and Shabazz Muhammad top the list, which JP Tokoto just below. I don't see Anderson becoming a priority unless Duke misses on all 3, which is highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Duke already has offers out to 3 wing forwards from the Class of 2012. Alex Murphy and Shabazz Muhammad top the list, which JP Tokoto just below. I don't see Anderson becoming a priority unless Duke misses on all 3, which is highly unlikely.
    Airowe, congrats on your recent marriage and welcome back to the boards.

Hey, everybody, check out Airowe's blog and see what part Duke basketball played in the wedding!

I honestly forgot about Murphy but hasnt allready been established that Muhammad would play the two in college? I'm pretty sure I've read some articles with quotes from his dad saying he wanted to play guard because that would be his position in the NBA.

As for Tokoto... I think we all know the story there...that scholly offer is pretty much just a "Hey we like you, if for some reason you decide you dont want to go to UNC (which everyone and their Mom's know that you will) then we'll gladly take you". K probably just doesnt want to go back on his word and recinding an offer. IMO that scholarship should be considered an open spot for us.

Isnt Tokoto considered a lock for UNC-CH?

Drummond

Drummond is closer to 6'11" than 6'9" but then again what difference does it really make, the kid is a beast on the boards and will develop an offensive game. Like Quincy Miller he has an odd release on his shot. i wonder why so many big men don't learn proper shot technique?

Quote Originally Posted by verga View Post
    Like Quincy Miller he has an odd release on his shot. i wonder why so many big men don't learn proper shot technique?
    I wonder if having a guard as a coach might help that...

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    That would explain his recent drop in the ratings: poor decision making

Quote Originally Posted by theAlaskanBear View Post
    Lock. What's that?

Just my .02, but seems like K and staff are doing a great job of identifying rising talent at an early stage.

For example, being in on:
    Harrison Barnes as a sophomore
    Kyrie Irving as a junior
    Alex Murphy as a rising junior
    Shabazz Muhammad as a sophomore

K has a higher batting average lately than Ole Roy at identifying guys that are not only good, but still improving.
    Last edited by roywhite; 07-13-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: spelling