Page 16 of 179 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

If you are constantly arguing with reputable sources...

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    This is a pretty annoying attitude. As Osiagledknarf has said he has presented evidence. It might be wrong but he has done what is required by the board and touted by the mods. Airowe and Bob Green might have sources. But why should everyone take their word for it? They haven't provided any evidence. So if you and others want to to believe them then fine but don't rip on someone who follows the board rules and chooses not to believe another internet poster.
    This may be an annoying attitude to you, but it is an attitude I share. Osiagledknark has presented outdated or wrong (not his/her fault) evidence from Scout or Rivals that has been corrected several times by posters who tend to be better informed about Duke basketball than the sites that must keep tabs on all recruits and all schools.

This is the fourth or fifth time this has happened and each time, the "newer" poster has rejected the better information and claimed he/she was correct because it was on an internet site.

I agree with chrisheery and think that maybe asking a question about new evidence found (often very appropriate and noteworthy information, I might add) may be a better approach than arguing you are correct based on a check mark on a recruiting site.

I am relatively new to this site as well and really enjoy it. As such, I tend to give the posters who are moderators and/or have been here much longer than I have the benefit of the doubt, unless I have a good reason not to. I hope that kind of attitude is not too annoying.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Kaleb Tarczewski was one of only a small number of rising Juniors that Coach K called on the first day he was allowed:

http://www.newenglandrecruitingrepor...Tarczewski.php

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Kaleb Tarczewski was one of only a small number of rising Juniors that Coach K called on the first day he was allowed:

http://www.newenglandrecruitingrepor...Tarczewski.php
    with a name like that you know he's coming to Duke, I mean he's got an "-ewski" in his name.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Here's a piece on JP Tokoto from Bill Cole of the Winston-Salem Journal.

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...ports-college/ "I'm not playing any favorites right now because it's so early in the process, but I like Duke a lot also," he said. "I really like the school. I like the way they play. Duke's coming off a great year. Winning the (NCAA) championship was awesome.

"I believe North Carolina is going to make a run at it this year, too.
    well, are we really sure we want this kid if he thinks UNC is "going to make a run at it this year too"? I mean being that delusional might negatively affect how one plays the game.
    Snark aside, JP is giving lots of indications that his services are going to be plied in Chapel Hill. I got no inside info, but the kid seems like he's UNC-bound.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    well, are we really sure we want this kid if he thinks UNC is "going to make a run at it this year too"? I mean being that delusional might negatively affect how one plays the game.
    Snark aside, JP is giving lots of indications that his services are going to be plied in Chapel Hill. I got no inside info, but the kid seems like he's UNC-bound.
    I could be wrong but I don't think it's as closed as everyone thinks. Yeah, he grew up a UNC fan but so did Michael Gbiinije. He said so himself that every school is equal right now and he has no leaders. Perhaps we should actually listen to the kid instead of assuming. I understand not getting our hopes up but I don't think we should label this kid a done deal either. JMO.

Before I knew what was happening, I just ended up on a twitter-stalking binge and came across this...

@JDotAnderson23 I wish duke would offer you a scholarship soon, you are a freak athlete.
    7:58 PM Jun 13th via Echofon

@DukeAllDay lol i hope they do...
    10:28 PM Jun 13th via twicca in reply to DukeAllDay
    He seems to really like Duke in general... I sure hope he keeps developing his skills and we end up giving him a shot. I wouldn't even mind taking 3 wings in the 2012 class if that's what it takes.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg_Newton View Post
    Before I knew what was happening, I just ended up on a twitter-stalking binge and came across this...

He seems to really like Duke in general... I sure hope he keeps developing his skills and we end up giving him a shot. I wouldn't even mind taking 3 wings in the 2012 class if that's what it takes.
    Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Am I right though, that the person asking the question to Anderson appears to be just a Duke fan? I wish people would educate themselves on the fact that it is not cool for fans to engage recruits in social media, or any other form. I know it is a minor violation but it is still a violation. Not to mention the fact that adults have no business approaching these kids.

ok. rant over! Thanks again for sharing that. I would love to see Anderson get an offer. You can never have too many "alarmingly un-athletic" kids on the roster!

summry

can someone give me a quick summary of who we are after / our chances at each in 2012? also who we have in the truck

I know of RIvers... I am getting ol' and have forgotten the others

I know of Gbinje too

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    can someone give me a quick summary of who we are after / our chances at each in 2012? also who we have in the truck

I know of RIvers... I am getting ol' and have forgotten the others

I know of Gbinje too
    Well to start off, both Rivers and Gbinije are in the 2011 class.

As for 2012:

We have offered
    - Shabazz Muhammad (6'4 wing) - Recruitment really wide open right now but this is who Duke is going after the hardest in this class and we seem to be in a pretty good position with him.

- Alex Murphy (6'8 Sf) - Also early in the recruitment process but we would seem to be the favorites right now (if you ask some sources).

- JP Tokoto (6'5 wing) - Another recruit that seems to be early in the recruitment process, prohibitive favorite for now seems to be UNC though.

We are evaluating:

Andre Drummond (6'8 C) - Top prospect in 2012 class, Not too much contact between us and him, UCONN seems to be early favorites.

Justin Anderson (6'5 wing) - Raw ULTRA-athletic wing that loves Duke but must show improvement in his skill set to earn an offer. if we do offer, I would expect a commitment soon after.

LJ Rose (6'2 pg) - Very intelligent point guard that has NO RELATION to Derrick Rose. Very early in his recruitment process but Duke would seem to be in a good place with this kid if we do offer.

Sim Bhullar (7'6 C) - HUGE big man and smart. still early in his recruitment.

those are just some of the names we are going after. Hope I helped.

gofurman

MisterRoddy touched on most of the guys we're after for 2012.

As for in the truck? You (gofurman) mentioned Michael Gbinije. We also have a commitment from 6'9 Center Tyler Adams for the class of 2011-12. At this point those two are in the truck for next year's class.

There is a whole thread on Tyler Adams posted on the board. It has some good links and info about Duke's latest recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    Well to start off, both Rivers and Gbinije are in the 2011 class.

As for 2012:

We have offered
    - Shabazz Muhammad (6'4 wing) - Recruitment really wide open right now but this is who Duke is going after the hardest in this class and we seem to be in a pretty good position with him.

- Alex Murphy (6'8 Sf) - Also early in the recruitment process but we would seem to be the favorites right now (if you ask some sources).

- JP Tokoto (6'5 wing) - Another recruit that seems to be early in the recruitment process, prohibitive favorite for now seems to be UNC though.

We are evaluating:

Andre Drummond (6'8 C) - Top prospect in 2012 class, Not too much contact between us and him, UCONN seems to be early favorites.

Justin Anderson (6'5 wing) - Raw ULTRA-athletic wing that loves Duke but must show improvement in his skill set to earn an offer. if we do offer, I would expect a commitment soon after.

LJ Rose (6'2 pg) - Very intelligent point guard that has NO RELATION to Derrick Rose. Very early in his recruitment process but Duke would seem to be in a good place with this kid if we do offer.

Sim Bhullar (7'6 C) - HUGE big man and smart. still early in his recruitment.

those are just some of the names we are going after. Hope I helped.
    I couple more names to add to this:

Montrezl Harrell (6'6 PF) An extremely athletic PF who really burst-ed onto to the scene at the T.O.C this past year. He is a very good looking prospect. Still very early in his recruitment.

Kaleb Tarczewski (7-0 C): Smart Big man who has very good offensive skills and rebounding skills. Still very early in his recruitment.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    This may be an annoying attitude to you, but it is an attitude I share. Osiagledknark has presented outdated or wrong (not his/her fault) evidence from Scout or Rivals that has been corrected several times by posters who tend to be better informed about Duke basketball than the sites that must keep tabs on all recruits and all schools.

This is the fourth or fifth time this has happened and each time, the "newer" poster has rejected the better information and claimed he/she was correct because it was on an internet site.

I agree with chrisheery and think that maybe asking a question about new evidence found (often very appropriate and noteworthy information, I might add) may be a better approach than arguing you are correct based on a check mark on a recruiting site.

I am relatively new to this site as well and really enjoy it. As such, I tend to give the posters who are moderators and/or have been here much longer than I have the benefit of the doubt, unless I have a good reason not to. I hope that kind of attitude is not too annoying.
    I am not sure why this would be annoying. To me it is the total body of work. Bob Green and Airowe and others have proven to be informed and correct in their assessments the vast majority of the time. Newer posters do not have that track record and therefore must build trust by demonstrating accuracy and reason in their posts.

Also, "evidence" that is wrong does nothing to help someones cause, and that has been the case with some posters. They present outdated and often wrong info and claim that they are providing "evidence". Well the "evidence" is bad. When this happens and is pointed out by more "seasoned" posters and the OP refuses to acknowledge the fact and cling to their "evidence", trust is lost, not gained.

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I am not sure why this would be annoying. To me it is the total body of work. Bob Green and Airowe and others have proven to be informed and correct in their assessments the vast majority of the time. Newer posters do not have that track record and therefore must build trust by demonstrating accuracy and reason in their posts.

Also, "evidence" that is wrong does nothing to help someones cause, and that has been the case with some posters. They present outdated and often wrong info and claim that they are providing "evidence". Well the "evidence" is bad. When this happens and is pointed out by more "seasoned" posters and the OP refuses to acknowledge the fact and cling to their "evidence", trust is lost, not gained.
    While I agree with you, I think calling Rivals.com "bad evidence" is a little unfair. It's normally pretty good evidence, but a being poster who has consistently provided reliable information (like airowe) is also a form of evidence, and I think that in this case it outweighs the usually good but sometimes flawed evidence from rivals. If it wasn't for others on this board, I know I would have gone on believing that we had already offered, and I probably would have never been corrected.

Jealous

So I have a confession to make. I am not sure who Airowe is but I am sure that I wish I had the connections they have. I am a Duke freak like most here and I would cut my left hand off to know the things he does about recruits. Thanks to everyone who puts in the time to give us a little inside info I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    While I agree with you, I think calling Rivals.com "bad evidence" is a little unfair. It's normally pretty good evidence, but a being poster who has consistently provided reliable information (like airowe) is also a form of evidence, and I think that in this case it outweighs the usually good but sometimes flawed evidence from rivals. If it wasn't for others on this board, I know I would have gone on believing that we had already offered, and I probably would have never been corrected.
    I wasn't making a judgment call on Rivals, or any site in particular. I was just making a point that when the data is old or wrong, presenting it as "evidence" does not help establish credibility. In fact, that could easily be overlooked and understood (quoting a normally reliable source). The problem comes when someone who has established credibility like Airowe corrects the OP, and yet the OP continues to insist that they have "evidence" and refuses to listen or look at the other poster's "evidence". Anyway, that is what I was trying to convey...

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
    I wasn't making a judgment call on Rivals, or any site in particular. I was just making a point that when the data is old or wrong, presenting it as "evidence" does not help establish credibility. In fact, that could easily be overlooked and understood (quoting a normally reliable source). The problem comes when someone who has established credibility like Airowe corrects the OP, and yet the OP continues to insist that they have "evidence" and refuses to listen or look at the other poster's "evidence". Anyway, that is what I was trying to convey...
    1) In all fairness, how is one to know if information is old or wrong on a normally reliable site like Rivals, especially on a 2012 recruit.

2) Again, in all fairness to Osiagledknarf (or however you spell it), he never refused to listen to any evidence (since none was provided) he simply asked for it.

Just some nitpicks but I do agree when established posters who are known to have inside info (more than the rest of us anyway) such as airowe or Bob Green give information, we should take their word for it.

New ESPNU Super 60

ESPNU updated it's Super 60 2012 Class Rankings today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recrui...0?&season=2012

Notable Targets:

4. Shabazz Muhammad (6'5" SG)
    10. Alex Murphy (6'8" SF)
    16. Savon Goodman (6'6" SF)
    23) J.P Tokoto (6'6 SF)
    36) Amile Jefferson (6'7" PF)
    40) Justin Anderson (6'5" SF)
    46) Kaleb Tarczewski (7'0 C)
    48) Evan Nolte (6'7" SF)
    57) Sim Bhullar (7'3" C)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterRoddy View Post
    ESPNU updated it's Super 60 2012 Class Rankings today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recrui...0?&season=2012

Notable Targets:

4. Shabazz Muhammad (6'5" SG)
    10. Alex Murphy (6'8" SF)
    16. Savon Goodman (6'6" SF)
    23) J.P Tokoto (6'6 SF)
    36) Amile Jefferson (6'7" PF)
    40) Justin Anderson (6'5" SF)
    46) Kaleb Tarczewski (7'0 C)
    48) Evan Nolte (6'7" SF)
    57) Sim Bhullar (7'3" C)
    Good to see Alex getting some love, even if it is ESPN.

Keep an eye on Marcus Paige at #24 as well. He's actually 6'1" and is a great talent.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Good to see Alex getting some love, even if it is ESPN.

Keep an eye on Marcus Paige at #24 as well. He's actually 6'1" and is a great talent.
    I certainly will. Has K and the staff had any contact with the kid?