Page 125 of 179 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 3573
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I saw where Dawkins had gotten 5 top 100 commitments in the past couple of seasons. I'd have to think that is pretty good with the academic requirements Stanford demands. He just needs some time to build a team, get the right pieces, IMO.
    Almost as good as the number of top-100 recruits Duke has gotten in the past couple of seasons with the academic requirements Duke demands...

Parker has one standout school in mind

From ZagsBlog:

“There’s one school out there for each one of them [Tony Parker and Alex Poythress] that is their preference,” Parker told SNY.tv by phone Monday, declining to specify the favored schools. ”I’ve told them they’ve done a good job selecting the four or five schools that they visited.
    http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/10/31/p...-on-decisions/

Well, I guess we'll find out which school that is soon enough.

Kaleb Tarczewski to Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by dukedoc View Post
    Kaleb Tarczewski to Arizona
    He was long considered likely to end up at Kansas. Arizona has recruited a ton of frontcourt talent in this class. I would imagine that this makes Tony Parker a significantly more important prospect to Ucla. I would be interested in hearing what Miltk has to say if he's not under a DBR gag order.
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    I would be interested in hearing what Miltk has to say
    I'll try to predict what he'd say: "Parker and Bazz to ucla. done deal. <insert kyle anderson reference here>".

Any indication of whether Parker will announce this week?

Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    I'll try to predict what he'd say: "Parker and Bazz to ucla. done deal. <insert kyle anderson reference here>".

I don't know if he'll announce this week but the early signing period is the 9th-16th, so we'll know in a week or two at most.

No official word, but all indications point to an announcement very soon. Perhaps this week.

- Chillin

Edit: Silky beat me.
    Last edited by ChillinDuke; 10-31-2011 at 03:24 PM. Reason: I lose.

He was long considered likely to end up at Kansas. Arizona has recruited a ton of frontcourt talent in this class. I would imagine that this makes Tony Parker a significantly more important prospect to Ucla. I would be interested in hearing what Miltk has to say if he's not under a DBR gag order.
    I'd say so. 4, 6, and 9 in espn's top 100. And all 6'8" and taller.

Quote Originally Posted by rotogod00 View Post
    I'd say so. 4, 6, and 9 in espn's top 100. And all 6'8" and taller.
    Must be a direct result of the "Duke Curse"

Two interesting tweets regarding Tony Parker today.

DukeHoopBlog Adam Rowe
    RT @TPayne_RR 2012 6-9 C Tony Parker Miller Grove (GA) tells me he "loved the experience of being a Duke basketball player for 48 hours"

From Tony Parker himself:
    tonyparker32: "So a kid comes to my house wit a duke sweater on and I said u like duke he said HOLY S*** your tony Parker my mom said did he curse lmao lol"

Hopefully we will hear something more clear soon.

Mitch McGary to announce his destination Thursday.

No news here, but it is an AJC article on Tony Parker and Duke.

So...

Does all the attention to Parker translate to the coaching staff thinking we are out of the running for McGary? That article makes it look like we're putting all our eggs in one basket.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Little View Post
    Does all the attention to Parker translate to the coaching staff thinking we are out of the running for McGary? That article makes it look like we're putting all our eggs in one basket.
    Not much in that article would have happened recently enough to indicate we've switched gears at all (official visit aside). Almost everything in there simply summarized Duke's contact over the last 4 months.

There's sure not a lot of buzz out there about Mitch, so I'm a bit pessimistic about us getting him. Still - would be nice landing the TWO of them, wouldn't it?

s.i.

One of our more well-connected posters on here, within the last few days, posted that he'd surveyed about eight BB program insiders and all eight indicated that MM was now "a long shot," apparently expected to commit to Michigan this week. That said, stranger things have happened...

But, yes, our chances with TP seem to be much better. And Shabazz Muhammad recently said "no decision until spring." So, while not "all eggs in one basket," it is reasonable to expect that most of us are probably focusing on Tony right now. Hope that helps.

Fingers crossed!!

My understanding is that we'd really love to have both Parker and McGary. They seem to be two pretty different players and would compliment each other well. But Parker seems far more likely at this point, although a nice surprise is always possible.

Mitch McGary to announce his destination Thursday.
    Thursday at 5pm on an ESPN network I do believe. Go Duke!

Oops1 I Do It All the Time

My understanding is that we'd really love to have both Parker and McGary. They seem to be two pretty different players and would compliment each other well. But Parker seems far more likely at this point, although a nice surprise is always possible.
    And not only do they say nice things about each other, their play will mesh quite well. Sorry, sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    From ZagsBlog:

“There’s one school out there for each one of them [Tony Parker and Alex Poythress] that is their preference,” Parker told SNY.tv by phone Monday, declining to specify the favored schools.
    That seems to contradict the article linked from the DBR main page, in which TP is quoted as saying he doesn't have a leader. That article is dated 10/31 but perhaps it's an older quote.

What If We Don't Get ANY of Them?

Let's say Mitch McGary signs with Michigan, Tony Parker signs with Ohio State and Shabazz Muhammad signs with UCLA.....what then? Do we have any other potential recruits for 2012? Could it really be a class of one (Rasheed Sulaimon)? If so, that would be a crushing blow. I would be stunned if that happened coming off a national championship in 2010 and the recent signing of such heralded nationally-known stars as Kyrie Irving and Austin Rivers--not to mention the second-ranked class in the nation in 2011. I really think all three (McGary, Parker, and Muhammad) would be stars at Duke and would benefit by being coached by Coach K and his great staff. They are all likely to make it to the NBA regardless of which school they attend, so why not go to Duke? Duke has the highest level of achievement on the basketball court of any school in the nation over the past 40 years and yet Duke is not just a basketball factory, but is a uniquely special place to get an education while playing at the highest level of athletic competition. If none of them come to Duke I would really start to wonder exactly how this could possibly have happened. Yes, I know, they all have great options, but how could any of those options be better than what Duke has to offer?