Page 12 of 179 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kong123 View Post
    it was completely a joke, remember last week when you couldn't get the scholarship issue straight? I know you get your information the same way most of us do, we read it somewhere else.
    I just got something wrong there... It is all over with.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    I'm not an insider I just follow recruiting as close as possible without spending $100 to join a premium website and I dont have any ties to the program so I couldnt tell you exactly what the staff is thinking. I assume the program will take whoever pulls the trigger first... Shabazz has an offer as well, I assume Scout just hasnt updated yet.
    On post #188 in this very thread, we have an ESPN link where Alex Murphy talks about a meeting just a few days ago with Coach K.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...all_recruiting

"We were sitting there and coach Krzyzewski said that at Duke they don't say you officially have a scholarship until your test scores and paperwork are in but that in 2012, Shabazz Muhammad (Las Vegas/Bishop Gorman) and I are the guys that he really wants and that I have an offer."
    I take that to be more indicative of the relative interest Duke has in Tokoto vs Shabazz Muhammad than the Scout profiles which say Tokoto has an offer and Muhammad does not.

What is the exact status of Duke's interest in Tokoto, and Tokoto's interest in Duke? Don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlueNV View Post
    I'm not an insider I just follow recruiting as close as possible without spending $100 to join a premium website and I dont have any ties to the program so I couldnt tell you exactly what the staff is thinking. I assume the program will take whoever pulls the trigger first... Shabazz has an offer as well, I assume Scout just hasnt updated yet.
    The Scout Page seems to be horrendously inaccurate at times. It says that we have not offered Marshall Plumlee when in fact we have, it says we are not intrested in Alex Murphy which we are, it says we have not offered Muhammad which we have also. I don't think they update there page for long periods at a time as far as if what teams offer and don't offer.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    What is the exact status of Duke's interest in Tokoto, and Tokoto's interest in Duke? Don't know.
    Yea, I read some quotes from Murphy like that, "k says he wants me and shabazz"... stuff like that. I think I read it on Zagsblog... Anyways, I think what I quoted from your post is a good question and I'm not sure anyone has the final answer to it right now. People can specualate but we dont really know if he is seriously considering Duke or if the staff still really wants him. IMO I think they would take him right now if he took the scholly offer but they would prefer it to work out where we get Shabazz (I dont think we do, just my opinion) and Alex Murphy with Tokoto going to UNC as everyone thinks he will...

The vagaries of recruiting are hard to follow, but more understandable generally when you consider them to be courtship rituals involving teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockabeau View Post
    You do when a kid accepts one early like AM will...
    What does that even mean? Are you saying Murphy will accept and K will say "no thanks" or are you saying that if Murphy accepts K will tell Tokoto "your services are no longer wanted"?

(hint: either way your wrong. K would never renig on a scholly b/c a player's ranking dropped. Or someone else accepted ahead of him. He doesn't play that game.)

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Duke would gladly take a commitment from Tokoto. Its not like he's a bad player, quite the opposite. He just has a hitch in his shot right now and needs to get it worked out. He knows it.

Tokoto's interest in Duke is tough to guage. He has two parents who seem to be rather in control of JP's life (as they should for a 16 year old,) but they do seem to meddle quite a bit. They don't allow him to have a twitter/facebook or even a cell phone I don't believe. Let's just say they'll play a large part in his decision on where to go to school. JP's Mom LOVES roy (I wish she loved me, she's a looker.) His Dad talks with roy a lot. We've read the stories about his aunt. Put two and two together, and you'll see why the staff moved on rather quickly.

There are a lot of talented wings in this class and the Duke staff has clearly made this a priority in the '12 class. We'll be just fine with whoever we end up with. Right after the Elite Camp, we were high on Tokoto. Right before and after TOC, we're high on Bazz and Murphy. Who knows who we'll be high on down the line. There's a long way to go until the Class of 2012 graduates...

Quote Originally Posted by Osiagledknarf View Post
    No I am not but thanks for the compliment. Yes they will. There is no limit on how many Scholarships you can offer in a given year, there is only a limit on how many players you can have a selective team. So Coach K could offered 30 recruits if he want to...If the offeree accepts, and one of the players who was expected to use that scholarship does not vacate the slot by transferring, or dropping out, or flunking out, or going pro, then the program will be obligated to make space for that player by not renewing the scholarship of one of the returning players.

As of right now on the roster here is who would be here in 2012:

Kyrie Irving
    Seth Curry
    Andre Dawkins
    Joshua Hairston
    Mason Plumlee
    Miles Plumlee
    Tyler Adams
    Michael Gbinje
    Tyler Thronton

Some of these players will undoubtedly declare early for the draft or transfer.

So this won't be much an issue.

I see us having 3 or 4 scholarships to throw around in 2012. Not to worry.
    Miles will be gone by the time the HS class of 2012 suits up.

But Ryan Kelly won't...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Miles will be gone by the time the HS class of 2012 suits up.
    I knew I screwed someone up there... Minus Miles and add Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    In the first highlight dunk, is it just me or did he take like 5 steps...

Whoops, I'm blind, didn't noticed that he didn't have the ball -_- <-- idiot.
    Last edited by dchen09; 06-04-2010 at 02:46 PM. Reason: I'm blind

Quote Originally Posted by dchen09 View Post
    In the first highlight dunk, is it just me or did he take like 5 steps...
    He didn't have the ball the whole time. He received a pass right before taking off for the dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodElite View Post
    He didn't have the ball the whole time. He received a pass right before taking off for the dunk.
    Sorry for stealing your thunder Brian you've seen Alex play a couple times, what are your opinions of his game?

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Sorry for stealing your thunder Brian you've seen Alex play a couple times, what are your opinions of his game?
    No apology needed, feel free to post my videos.

There is a lot to like about Alex Murphy. Great size for a small forward (already 6'8" and could certainly grow a couple more inches before he reaches college), excellent skill-set, solid athletic ability, and very versatile. He is a very good three point shooter and is effective in the mid-range and around the basket as well. He's also a smart player with very good vision and passing ability. He does it all. Rebounds, moves well without the ball, and simply gets the job done. Will be a very good get for whoever happens to land him.

There is a lot to like about Alex Murphy. Great size for a small forward (already 6'8" and could certainly grow a couple more inches before he reaches college), excellent skill-set, solid athletic ability, and very versatile. He is a very good three point shooter and is effective in the mid-range and around the basket as well. He's also a smart player with very good vision and passing ability. He does it all. Rebounds, moves well without the ball, and simply gets the job done. Will be a very good get for whoever happens to land him.
    I asked this once before and didn't get much response. How does he compare to his older brother Eric, who we also recruited, at the same stage? A lot of folks on the board were pretty disappointed we didn't get Eric, but he didn't have much of a freshman year at Florida. Is Alex a better prospect that Eric was, or pretty much the same level? How are their games similar or different?

Yea I realized that after I watched the highlight a few more times. whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    I asked this once before and didn't get much response. How does he compare to his older brother Eric, who we also recruited, at the same stage? A lot of folks on the board were pretty disappointed we didn't get Eric, but he didn't have much of a freshman year at Florida. Is Alex a better prospect that Eric was, or pretty much the same level? How are their games similar or different?
    They are fairly similar players, but in my mind, Alex Murphy is/was a better athlete and just a little bit better all around. Erik Murphy didn't blow people away last season, but he was only a freshman. He still has plenty of time to make an impact for the Gators, but if I had to guess I would say that Alex will leave a little bit more of a mark when it's all said and done. Only time will tell though.

Quote Originally Posted by dchen09 View Post
    Yea I realized that after I watched the highlight a few more times. whoops.
    I'm sure you weren't the only one. It's hard to tell if you aren't watching closely.

Sounds great to me. I don't know what the competition was like from that highlight video, but I absolutely loved the way he moved on the offensive end. He was faster to the ball than everyone and took advantage of any space inside to sneak behind the defense and grab the offensive board for a put back or receive a pass from the wing. He definitely seemed to play with a lot of energy. It's a long way off, but definitely excited about Muhammad and Murphy in 2012.