Page 114 of 179 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 3573
    Quote Originally Posted by dukeballboy88 View Post
    I think we should care about Roy bringing in JJ because that signals to MM that he wont have to play the 5. Then Roy has an in home visit right when everyone is saying MM is a lock to Michigan, and now MM is opening his recruitment back up? Hmmmm Until Roy is eliminated, I think everyone is going to unc

And Mods, you can give me an infraction for that last comment because its painfull to say anything good about Roy.
    This is the reason K needs to get tony parker to commit to duke. I think Roy got the commit from JJ and went straight up to Brewster Academy to let MM know that he took care of what MM wanted. He wants to play the 4 so Roy signed a 5 and said there you go MM come on down and play the 4. Also MM while you coming might as well bring your team mate TJ Warren with you to play the 3. Seems like Roy did what he needed to do for MM and it has at least got him thinking.

Also I will like to point out that ROY was not the only one up there to see MM on the last 2 days of the evaluation period so it could very well be the sales pitch from duke, florida, or someone else that changed his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by UNCleRod View Post
    Also I will like to point out that ROY was not the only one up there to see MM on the last 2 days of the evaluation period so it could very well be the sales pitch from duke, florida, or someone else that changed his mind.
    Das whut eye said...
    MP3 and RK Chopped liver? Hairston seems willing to bang ..AND by the time MM would suit up Josh would be a JR, AM and MG a sophs so MM would be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    If you think Bersticker is good, what until you see Orlando Melendez.
    I heard Neil Fingleton is poised to breakout this year. He's been shooting 30 footers with Horvath all summer

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    That would be since '97 ...
    My reply was sent in error from my phone. Here's my signature. Wheat/"/"/"
    You weren't around 2 seasons ago. It was often publicly mentioned how absent you were.

Just take that as a compliment that you left such a void.

Lamar Odom

Apparently McGary is channeling Lamar Odom on the court. This article also raises the notion of his skipping college altogether which would seem to be pretty far fetched but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Oh, a Bersticker reference...I like it.

He was always on the verge of breaking out, at least according to chatter from the light blue.

In other Carolina big man memories, I still tend to think of Serge Zwikker when I see a picture of a windmill.
    (not these new-fangled wind turbines, the good old solid Dutch windmills).
    If you think Bersticker is good, what until you see Orlando Melendez.
    Yea, how about this guy:

http://www.tarheelblue.com/sports/m-...on_neil00.html

p-fingleton2002.jpg

The Fing

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ah-hem! (and that's "Sir Fing" to you!)

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I heard Neil Fingleton is poised to breakout this year. He's been shooting 30 footers with Horvath all summer

You weren't around 2 seasons ago. It was often publicly mentioned how absent you were.

Just take that as a compliment that you left such a void.
    I also wasn't around much 3 and 4 seasons ago, some pretty good seasons for the Heels, did you notice that too? During my absence those seasons, it had nothing to do with hoops.

No sense in trying to paint me as a fairweather fan, because it just ain't so. There are times too numerous to count where I have been around here since '97 and stood up to be ragged on for something that entertains Duke fans...like the Bersticker stuff I still see to this day

The biggest difference lately is I have a "smart phone" now that keeps me connected all the time to the net.

Blame it on Al Gore.

I'm good with discussing recruits, players, coaches ...level of play...how about we move on, I don't think anyone really cares about this stuff.

Ah-hem! (and that's "Sir Fing" to you!)
    Yea, I did my research, came up with a linky and photo, posted it and then read the rest of the thread. I coulda sworn we called him The Fing and did not annoint him as royalty.

Good stuff. Thanks! Now, if some internet photos of him show up wearing a Brian Bersticker jersey and sporting a White Falcon necklace, your credibility will take a serious hit (jk).
    I also wasn't around much 3 and 4 seasons ago, some pretty good seasons for the Heels, did you notice that too? During my absence those seasons, it had nothing to do with hoops.

No sense in trying to paint me as a fairweather fan, because it just ain't so. There are times too numerous to count where I have been around here since '97 and stood up to be ragged on for something that entertains Duke fans...like the Bersticker stuff I still see to this day

The biggest difference lately is I have a "smart phone" now that keeps me connected all the time to the net.

Blame it on Al Gore.

I'm good with discussing recruits, players, coaches ...level of play...how about we move on, I don't think anyone really cares about this stuff.
    Dang, so this is where the Bersticker reference originated.

24.gif

11.gif

Dang, so this is where the Bersticker reference originated.

24.gif

11.gif
    Bersticker who?

impact

K can trot out some great analogues for McGary. Danny Ferry. Christian Laettner. Cherokee Parks. The question is how relevant are these examples to McGary?
    too far back and only relevant if they had a history in the nba that mm could follow.

Getting back on track with 2012 recruiting...unfortunately it's not a Duke note, still pretty quiet there...

Brice Johnson says UNC/Florida his top two now and will make a decision this month. This could possibly impact McGary's UNC offer should Johnson choose UNC first, can't see Roy taking both PF's this class, unless he's expecting McAdoo to be one and done.

Getting back on track with 2012 recruiting...unfortunately it's not a Duke note, still pretty quiet there...

Brice Johnson says UNC/Florida his top two now and will make a decision this month. This could possibly impact McGary's UNC offer should Johnson choose UNC first, can't see Roy taking both PF's this class, unless he's expecting McAdoo to be one and done.
    I think these are the types of comments that bother most posters on here and why we dislike Tar Heels. You make it seem like Roy gets whoever he wants with the can't see Roy taking both' comment. Do you really think Roy could get 2 top 10 players at the same position in the same class in today's game? Why would MM even think about going there with another top 10 PF and even contemplate fighting for PT assuming Henson and McAdoo both leave? I'm sure MM thinks he is good enough to go anywhere and start right away but from his perspective, why would he still go to UNC and that isn't even including the scholarship crunch that will seem to happen at UNC.

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    ...... I'm sure MM thinks he is good enough to go anywhere and start right away but from his perspective, why would he still go to UNC and that isn't even including the scholarship crunch that will seem to happen at UNC.
    I'm just a fan with an opinion, and it's that UNC is unlikely to take both Brice and McGary unless Roy is convinced McAdoo is one and done.

And yes, you're right.... that's if, a big if, that option presents itself. Gezzz...

You'll have to ask M. McGary why he has UNC in his final 3 schools.

Getting to know Mitch McGary through the eyes of his father: http://www.dukehoopblog.com/2011/10/...-mitch-mcgary/

Quote Originally Posted by sporthenry View Post
    I think these are the types of comments that bother most posters on here and why we dislike Tar Heels.
    I don't really see why you have a problem with this. Every school does the same thing. Duke does the same thing. We were going after Poythress and probably wouldn't have taken McGary if he had accepted. We were involved with Purvis and only backed off when Sulaimon started looking better than expected. I don't find it arrogant at all to offer two players and say you'll take whoever accepts first.

BTW I got a kick out of this quote from the article that Wheat linked to

UPDATE: Story has been updated to reflect the latest in Brice Johnson's recruitment. The original story had NC State and Florida as his two favorites, but Johnson just texted to say that he made a mistake -- it's UNC and Florida at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by airowe View Post
    Getting to know Mitch McGary through the eyes of his father: http://www.dukehoopblog.com/2011/10/...-mitch-mcgary/
    That's a great article, Airowe. Thanks for sharing. I found the following quote from his Father intriguing:

“He just doesn’t want to be in the limelight. He just wants to play ball."

Hmmmmm....can someone remind me of a top 5 talent at Duke that didn't want to be in the limelight? My point being, if you're trying to avoid limelight, Duke might not be the best place to do that. Stars at Duke are squarely in the limelight their entire careers.

Unless I'm mistaken. Or misunderstanding the quote. Can someone remind me of a star at Duke that avoided, or didn't enjoy the limelight? Maybe Kyle Singler?

Answer

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    That's a great article, Airowe. Thanks for sharing. I found the following quote from his Father intriguing:

“He just doesn’t want to be in the limelight. He just wants to play ball."

Hmmmmm....can someone remind me of a top 5 talent at Duke that didn't want to be in the limelight? My point being, if you're trying to avoid limelight, Duke might not be the best place to do that. Stars at Duke are squarely in the limelight their entire careers.

Unless I'm mistaken. Or misunderstanding the quote. Can someone remind me of a star at Duke that avoided, or didn't enjoy the limelight? Maybe Kyle Singler?
    How about Grant Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    How about Grant Hill?
    This Grant Hill?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Dk_VvgO2mA