Page 102 of 179 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3573
    Quote Originally Posted by -bdbd View Post
    Great! Looking forward to seeing him matched up against Tony Parker playing at Duke... Actually they seem to be similar style players (though TP much higher ranked at present). Does this have implications for Duke vis-a-vis McG and Tony Parker, as both were once targets of both schools? Obviously NC@CH still involved with McG.
    James's committment should actually help the recruitment of McGary for the Heels, I'd think.
    MM seems to have expressed a desire to play sort of a stretch PF, so having a true post prospect might take away concerns he'd have of being plugged too much into the paint at UNC.

And that is if we still have a spot for MM when he decides. Roscoe Allen also has an offer on the table, and my guess is it is first come, first served for that position. It's seems unlikely to me that UNC would take both.

UNC has a strong history of taking big, heavy guys and getting them into shape. Looking forward to seeing James and how he developes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post

UNC has a strong history of taking big, heavy guys and getting them into shape. Looking forward to seeing James and how he developes.
    Yes, they helped Sean May "round out" his game nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Exactly! I hope he turns into a champion just like May.

Would really like to see a Brendan Haywood clone. All reports say he's a high quality, humble kid everyone likes. Many evaluations I've seen on him say he has very good hands, (first thing to look for,imo), has lost 15 pounds in the past two months and is now at 260lbs, and some "insiders" also suggest he may still be growing.

I'm going to try and go to several "City of Palms Classic" HS tourney games in Ft Myers over the holidays this year and hope to see him for myself, along with others...

Another one

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Even farther back, Geoff Crompton.

Scholarship count

If I count correctly and no one leaves early from UNC that means that UNC will have 14 scholarship players.

James's committment should actually help the recruitment of McGary for the Heels, I'd think.
    http://twitter.com/#!/EvanDanielscou...49059286155265

Great question. Not sure they had a good shot anyways RT @Derrick_Payne does James commitment lessen the Heels chances to land McGary?

FWIW, I just got a decent look at him (and my wish) in a limited video and you guys should be thinking a guy like Haywood, not May or somebody like Deon Thompson. This guy is a true center.

He's really, really big, darn close to huge... 7'4" wingspan, but certainly not a Geoff Compton type body or like Miami's Reggie Johnson.
    His frame looks almost exactly like a young Haywood's body to me, although Haywood has a slightly longer wingspan at 7'6.5"

There's a great story with him as well. He's a product of the local YMCA and just found hoops two years ago. He's been pretty much under the radar until this summer, and there's no public video out there that I can find in a quick search. I'm sure there will be some coming soon,

Lot's of upside. Intriguing pick up for the Heels.

i saw that. But I dismiss it because I don't think anybody knows what MM will do.

I'd bet he's going to go through the whole process before making a decision, He seems to like being recruited and the limelight.

My totally 100% guess, no inside info, based only on months of following (stalking? his recruitment is it breaks down like this as of now...

40% Kentucky
    30% Duke
    20% Michigan
    9% UNC
    1% U of Somebodyelse

i saw that. But I dismiss it because I don't think anybody knows what MM will do.

I'd bet he's going to go through the whole process before making a decision, He seems to like being recruited and the limelight.

My totally 100% guess, no inside info, based only on months of following (stalking? his recruitment is it breaks down like this as of now...

40% Kentucky
    30% Duke
    20% Michigan
    9% UNC
    1% U of Somebodyelse

ED didn't dismiss you guys outright, just said you had a low chance...seems like you agree

Based on what I've heard/read, I'd tie Mich and Duke and have UK 3rd, but you're right no one really knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    ED didn't dismiss you guys outright, just said you had a low chance...seems like you agree
    Yea, poorly worded on my part. I do agree UNC could be outside looking in here.

I just get a sense that this kid is not really a good fit for UNC, personality wise. And I'm not being negative on him either. He seems to be a good kid and has a positive, fun loving character.

He just seems a bit more like KY's "get ready fo da monies", 1 and done attitude...or a "I starred at Duke for a year and played for coach K"... than I want to be a part of the UNC "family", kind of guy.

But, I really don't know him and have no clue, just an opinion.

From the limited info I have and a few videos out there, he is a big talent and can play for anyone.

Yea, poorly worded on my part. I do agree UNC could be outside looking in here.

I just get a sense that this kid is not really a good fit for UNC, personality wise. And I'm not being negative on him either. He seems to be a good kid and has a positive, fun loving character.

He just seems a bit more like KY's "get ready fo da monies", 1 and done attitude...or a "I starred at Duke for a year and played for coach K"... than I want to be a part of the UNC "family", kind of guy.
    You mean the UNC "penal colony?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1905457

I keeeeed i keeeeed

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    You mean the UNC "penal colony?"

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=1905457

I keeeeed i keeeeed

There's "that guy" in every family...

40% Kentucky
    30% Duke
    20% Michigan
    9% UNC
    1% U of Somebodyelse
    Same as Wheat, though I'm probably basing mine a bit more on the local people saying McGary is in the bag for Michigan. No national analyst that I know of has said that.

35% Michigan
    30% Duke
    20% UK
    10% UNC
    5% MD/FLA

dukemsu

He must have learned it from his big brother Rasheed_Wallace-2.jpg

Major respected national analyst reporting that Michigan is the clear leader for McGary and that it may be announced within a few weeks.

dukemsu

Quote Originally Posted by dukemsu View Post
    Major respected national analyst reporting that Michigan is the clear leader for McGary and that it may be announced within a few weeks.

dukemsu
    = Evan Daniels. I guess I won't lose hope until an announcement is actually made though...

The Wears.

Larry Drew and his Momma.

Yes, one big happy family... that's UNC.

Off your high horse dude. I like your insights from the other side, but leave your light blue platitudes on IC, especially when combined with a snipe at Duke.

Yes, that Warren Martin was a veritable Adonis by the time his days at UNC were concluded.

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluelemur View Post
    The Wears.

Larry Drew and his Momma.

Yes, one big happy family... that's UNC.

Off your high horse dude. I like your insights from the other side, but leave your light blue platitudes on IC, especially when combined with a snipe at Duke.
    That's telling him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    = Evan Daniels. I guess I won't lose hope until an announcement is actually made though...

Sounds like there still a couple weeks left in this thing, so will hold out hope. His new blog sounds pretty positive, although this may all be "keeping it close to the chest" positive.